Stockhun syndrome

26+6=1

Hostages sometimes start to sympathise with their captors in what has become known as Stockholm syndrome. Celtic could be said to be hostages to the corruption and bias of the MIB and perhaps the latest quotes attributed to Neil Lennon represent a peculiarly unique version of this; Stockhun syndrome. On getting a yellow from Bobby Madden for p[ointing out the bogus penalty award he said:

“It’s great. It’s like a warning to calm down. It’s fine.
“I’ve no issue with that at all. Bobby is a great official.
“I was talking recently about not losing my temper!
“I didn’t lose it that badly but you get a warning and that’s it.
“I was voicing my opinion to the fourth official, maybe a bit demonstrably and you’re not allowed to do that any more.
“But there’s no real issue there at all.
‘I was a bit disappointed with the penalty but I’m not going to criticise the referee for that.
“I was not happy with the yellow card because I just reacted the same way any other manager would have.
“But overall I thought the referee was fine.”

Then again this might fuck them up far more than had he come out and righteously referred to them as a shower of cheating bigots.

Hostages sometimes start to sympathise with their captors in what has become known as Stockholm syndrome. Celtic could be said to be hostages to the corruption and bias of the MIB and perhaps the latest quotes attributed to Neil Lennon represent a peculiarly unique version of this; Stockhun syndrome. On getting a yellow from Bobby Madden for p[ointing out the bogus penalty award he said:

“It’s great. It’s like a warning to calm down. It’s fine.
“I’ve no issue with that at all. Bobby is a great official.
“I was talking recently about not losing my temper!
“I didn’t lose it that badly but you get a warning and that’s it.
“I was voicing my opinion to the fourth official, maybe a bit demonstrably and you’re not allowed to do that any more.
“But there’s no real issue there at all.
‘I was a bit disappointed with the penalty but I’m not going to criticise the referee for that.
“I was not happy with the yellow card because I just reacted the same way any other manager would have.
“But overall I thought the referee was fine.”

Then again this might fuck them up far more than had he come out and righteously referred to them as a shower of cheating bigots.
That's always the best way to deal with these situations, smile and carry on as normal. Don't let them wind up up, cause it'll drive these ******* demented.

Okay since it's a quiet night. :) It was a penalty all day long and I think retrospectively Lenny would acknowledge that? Before the penalty Lenny was shouting at Cal Mac and a few others about the jittery passing (when we were a country mile ahead) placing us under completely unnecessary pressure. This was a feature in Brendan's side at times and it was good to see Lenny actually showing some concern as we don't want to be playing slack passes in the Cluj game.

who would you rather have had,your holiness,just curious.
To be honest I can only think of a couple of names which were mentioned at the time but never more than press speculation, like Mourinho (no way) and Benitez (maybe). There was never really any buildup to a lets av a look at what ye coulda won moment. I don't really pay enough attention to other leagues and clubs to know much about other managers but it would have been more expensive though probably not very hard to find a similarly skilled manager with less baggage.

I don't see the problem PMM, I think we've strengthened more this summer than we ever did under BR, so Lawell seems to be backing Lenny and Lenny is getting the team playing. All good so far...
This may well have been one of the highest spending transfer windows ever yet it failed to deliver CL football so it was a bit of a mixed bag. Hopefully the foundations were laid for a spectacular 2020-21 season and beyond. I don't have to like Lennon and I will give him credit where due.

Aitken is a card carrying Ayrshire hun MIB.....Madden is card carrying Hun MIB with serious gambling issues.....between them they did their best to influence the game to the detriment of Celtic and by extension Neil Lennon

Some light reading re Brother Aitken

I’m also betting other MIB now follow Aitken’s lead and book Celtic players for simulation especially in the box and award penalties for any contact

Anyone else noticing the increase in the MIB taking the field resplendent in their orange attire?

Methinks they’re sending out a message.....and it’s not difficult to work out what the message is

Back