Struggling!

J

JFanCelt

Stop blaming Burke! We have a team who system of play is going backwards. Lennon and Kennedy mead to have a good look at themselves. We are now entering the struggle to score phase with a possibility of going out the cup and a struggle to claim the final points to win the league.

Sorry but Lenny is not the answer we need a whole new management love the wee guy but fuk no watching that next year need new ideas to get players thinking differently again sorry but Lenny no the answer?

Well i am sure you enjoyed watching BR getting beat with shite in europe and drawing with inferior opposition then fire in, its all about opinions, but Lennon knew how to beat us and knew the weaknesses in BRs teams the team he is trying to guide to 8 in a row, bit harsh in my opinion.But this is what the blog is about opinions

Fair enough if Lenny is gonna get us these big euro results but you can forget nine sorry fuck Europe we ain’t gonna win that but we can win ten and today was a big pointer to why we wont

the team are struggling to get over the line with late winners and today another example of something is not right we will win 8 in a row no doubt about it but a more worrying aspect is the fact that our board will in all certainty appoint the cheap option as our next manager meanwhile over at ipox slippy is jawing about how they will improve their team for next season where the money is coming from i cant imagine but someone or something is financing them and we have to respond to that by blowing them out of the water for good there is an old quotation "the beast is dead but the bitch that bore him is still in heat" no explanation should be needed im sure we all know what is being reffered to here

Easy to stop teams harder to beat teams
Livi gubbed all the teams whom we beat to get here going for the eight thats why they were safe. BR drew with St Mirren and lost games it happens, but we are unbeaten in the last 16 i beleive, so will take today with a pinch of salt, the worst results under lenny has been Livi, St Mirren and Dundee the last two been teams fighting for their survval, apart from that we have seen off the Huns in the challenge and Hibs in the quarters so i will give him the space to concentrate on the semis and see what happens.

Come on folks, there's kneejerk reactions, then there is the faint aroma of hysteria.

It's a disappointing result.......no more, no less!

There are players playing themselves back to fitness, and there are one or two that look a bit leggy. Lenny came in at short notice with one simple brief......secure the title!

It's our expectations that are unrealistic. We're putting a helluva lot of emphasis on treble trebles and pummelling teams when we have no right to demand trophies on tap.

The fact that we're in this position should be cause for celebration. It's the business end of the season and we're 6 points and two games away from something totally unprecedented in this or any other era.

This is a GOOD Celtic side, but it's not a GREAT Celtic side. Let's put it back into perspective!

Come on folks, there's kneejerk reactions, then there is the faint aroma of hysteria.

There are players playing themselves back to fitness, and there are one or two that look a bit leggy. Lenny came in at short notice with one simple brief......secure the title!

It's our expectations that are unrealistic. We're putting a helluva lot of emphasis on treble trebles and pummelling teams when we have no right to demand trophies on tap.

The fact that we're in this position should be cause for celebration. It's the business end of the season and we're 6 points and two games away from something totally unprecedented in this or any other era.

This is a GOOD Celtic side, but it's not a GREAT Celtic side. Let's put it back into perspective!

^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^

Also, something to keep in mind . . . .
Neil Lennon's record 2nd time round:
Managed: 7
Goals Scored: 9
Goals Conceded: 2
Won: 5
Drawn: 2
Lost: 0
Won By 2 Clear Goals: 2
2 x 0-0 Draws
Is Neil Lennon's record as bad as we are it making out to be?

Stop blaming Burke!

Who's blaming Burke? No one is blaming Burke. Where does that come from?

Great post SP ?????

While I think you make a good point about not overreacting SP I think it's also fair to say with the players at our disposal we should be seeing far better performances than what we have been. I go to the games and it has become mind numbing to watch, our play is flat and lacks any sense of cutting edge or imagination.

Right now the management team look one dimensional when it comes to tactics, the personnel changes (which is happening too often and never in the right positions) but the tactics remain the same even when they're clearly not working well and there seems to be a growing sense that far too many players are going through the motions hoping someone else will make things happen.

I don't expect swashbuckling performances for 90+ minutes, especially not at this late stage of the season, but I expect the management team to know when and where things need to be changed and I expect players to take responsibility on the pitch instead of looking to others to do it for them.

HH SP (y)

While I think you make a good point about not overreacting SP I think it's also fair to say with the players at our disposal we should be seeing far better performances than what we have been. I go to the games and it has become mind numbing to watch, our play is flat and lacks any sense of cutting edge or imagination.

Right now the management team look one dimensional when it comes to tactics, the personnel changes (which is happening too often and never in the right positions) but the tactics remain the same even when they're clearly not working well and there seems to be a growing sense that far too many players are going through the motions hoping someone else will make things happen.

I don't expect swashbuckling performances for 90+ minutes, especially not at this late stage of the season, but I expect the management team to know when and where things need to be changed and I expect players to take responsibility on the pitch instead of looking to others to do it for them.

HH SP (y)
I share those concerns, Andy. I don't mean to give the impression that everything in the garden is blooming. It's just that I'm not entirely certain that our current crop of players were ever quite as good as the trophy haul suggested.

They are decent pros, but with the exception of one or two - there is no one in our squad who you could mark down as good European standard.

I think KT has most of the attributes to be a world-class player. I think CalMac given his prime position and willing runners has an eye for a pass that singles him out. Big Eddy has bags of potential as an outside left and possibly through the middle and, on his day, Tom Rogic looks absolute quality. Big Kris is looking every inch a player, but beyond that we're struggling for genuine international class quality.

Broonie is just the wrong side of the age divide and the rest of the Bhoys are good solid pros.

I'm hopeful that we have a few rough diamonds to smooth out. I believe Corpus is going to be influential and Morgan, Henderson, MJ, Oko-Flex and wee Dembele might be our future.

There's just nothing in our squad that resembles top top quality and I give the lads a lot of merit for being so successful with such limitations.

I do agree with your points, Andy, and they are excellent as always. It's just that after years of suffering, I'm still revelling in the recent glory.

HH

Stop blaming Burke! We have a team who system of play is going backwards. Lennon and Kennedy mead to have a good look at themselves. We are now entering the struggle to score phase with a possibility of going out the cup and a struggle to claim the final points to win the league.
hysterical!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back