Surgeon

So all gathering of over 500 are to be cancelled from Monday why not.immediately is the virus taking a break?? Don't know enough about this virus apart from we are being told flu kills people nearly every year and it's never had this effect ??

Obviously the virus has self isolated.....until the Huns have reaped in all they can before Monday

Last edited:
So all gathering of over 500 are to be cancelled from Monday why not.immediately is the virus taking a break?? Don't know enough about this virus apart from we are being told flu kills people nearly every year and it's never had this effect ??
Hey Pat. I read a sensible explanation today. Say the average flu infects 500,000 people and puts 5000 of them in hospital for a week. That's OK because the hospitals can cope. This time however they fear 20000 people might need hospital care which is too many. So the idea is to slow down the spread and hope that 20000 people need treatment over six weeks instead of all at once.

Official statement

UEFA
@UEFA

In the light of ongoing developments in the spread of Covid-19, UEFA has invited various stakeholders to discuss European football’s response to the outbreak. Discussions will include all domestic and European competitions, including UEFA EURO 2020.

Proof if it was ever required that money takes precedent over people

The statement is obviously in code.....stakeholders is to be taken literally as those in possession of stakes.....which equates to the zombies having a stake driven through their corrupt, cheating, evil feckin hearts.....time has been called.....the Huns are fecked

My daughter in law has already taken the grandkids out of school, I'm already taken time off tae look after the Mrs. Now I've got the grandkids for 12 feking hrs a day, love them tae bits but sometimes they're hard work.

The ganes behind closed doors fae Monday onwards maybe push the tribute act over the edge.

My daughter in law has already taken the grandkids out of school, I'm already taken time off tae look after the Mrs. Now I've got the grandkids for 12 feking hrs a day, love them tae bits but sometimes they're hard work.

The ganes behind closed doors fae Monday onwards maybe push the tribute act over the edge.
Pity it wisnae behind closed doors on Sunday ,could you imagine the fuckin meltdown .

Sheer negligence from Nicola Sturgeon and her government! Deeply irresponsible and dangerous to wait until Monday before banning mass gatherings when cases of Coronavirus in Scotland have doubled in the last 24 hours and are now at the stage of community transfer (people who've not caught it abroad or directly from someone who caught it abroad).

Why wait a further 3 days and allow tens of thousands from all over the country and outwith to gather in close proximity to one another at various sporting events then head back to their respective communities when they know the dangers this virus poses and how quickly and easily it spreads? Those 3 days could be the difference between more people contracting the virus and spreading it further.

If it has been deemed a sensible measure to take in 3 days time then surely there's further significant benefits to doing it earlier or am I missing something here?

absolute madness but not surprising , you manage a virus and slow it down by stopping movement it's not rocket science

50k going to one game plus add in staff .polic,security ,bus drivers so you could add another 2k onto the figure not including pubs filled
The risk outweighs everything ,after this weekend there will be a huge spike in results as they don't know what to do and the english govts stiff uper lip approach is well fkd

the lunatics have took over the asylum

Snp showing yet again ,,,,they can't lead

100% that all sporting events, gigs etc should be cancelled or played behind close doors in the case of the former...I firmly believe as well that countries should get ahead of it and not leave it too late like Italy did..the Chinese were prepared for it and with the containment measures they put in place, they have pretty much shut it down before it got any worse...

Members online

Back