Tactical Analysis?

Imatim

How we set up tactically on Saturday will be crucial imo.....the general consensus is.....tactically the Huns line up in the shape of a Christmas tree against us in a 4-3-2-1 formation.....which allows them to press high.....flood the midfield.....and hit on the break at pace.....this system also allow their full backs to get forward and play early balls in to the box

This being the case how would you combat this?

Do we match up like for like with their 4-2-3-1....or do we do something they wouldn’t expect and go with a 4-3-3.....either way we could then pin in their back 4 with a high press.....and revert to us dropping our 2 wide players back in to midfield when needed.....this would give us the numbers in midfield.....whereby we wouldn’t get overrun in the middle of the park and completely stifle their tactics in my view.....once we come to grips with what’s been happening tactically.....we have the better players and we would then be able to dictate the game...your thoughts?

How we set up tactically on Saturday will be crucial imo.....the general consensus is.....tactically the Huns line up in the shape of a Christmas tree against us in a 4-3-2-1 formation.....which allows them to press high.....flood the midfield.....and hit on the break at pace.....this system also allow their full backs to get forward and play early balls in to the box

This being the case how would you combat this?

Do we match up like for like with their 4-2-3-1....or do we do something they wouldn’t expect and go with a 4-3-3.....either way we could then pin in their back 4 with a high press.....and revert to us dropping our 2 wide players back in to midfield when needed.....this would give us the numbers in midfield.....whereby we wouldn’t get overrun in the middle of the park and completely stifle their tactics in my view.....once we come to grips with what’s been happening tactically.....we have the better players and we would then be able to dictate the game...your thoughts?
I have said it before on other threads Imatim that I hope lenny sticks with the 352 even though I would call it a more of a 3142 with the ball. So far this season lenny has never failed to surprise us with his line ups, so maybe it may be easier for us to guess the starting line up but still many decisions to be made. Don't want to speculate just yet with so many still away.

To be honest how we set up is an interesting debate but it's all going to be dictated by who we have available and how long they will be able to play of the 90 minutes.
But 352 for me if we have the option but suspect it will be 451, with cover on the wings where I think they are probably strongest.
Any kind of win will do for me, this time out.
HH

Back