Tactics

Imatim

One of the big things our former manager always preached, was for the players to be calm and composed, especially in the big games.

I think he knew if we flew in to tackles it would play in to the black hands of the MIB.

I just hope Lennie preaches controlled aggression.....or I’ve no doubt brother Madden will take full advantage of proceedings.

We win the midfield battles, we control the game......we control the game, we will win

One of the big things our former manager always preached, was for the players to be calm and composed, especially in the big games.

I think he knew if we flew in to tackles it would play in to the black hands of the MIB.

I just hope Lennie preaches controlled aggression.....or I’ve no doubt brother Madden will take full advantage of proceedings.

We win the midfield battles, we control the game......we control the game, we will win
Whilst I agree that the aggression has to be controlled, Imatim, I believe we have to bring some chaos and put them completely at odds with what is going on.

Many modern coaches and managers (particularly Brendan) have a tendency to be over-analytical and prove that they are tactically adept. I believe the best managers and coaches knew when to let their players off the leash and to trust them to go out and express themselves.

The simple fact is, that our least effective players are still better than their most effective players. The only tactic we need to deploy, is for Lenny to tell them to go out and win their individual battles and to ask them questions all over the park.

Control the aggression, for sure - but make sure the bastards know you're there.......especially that wee scrotebag up front.

Whilst I agree that the aggression has to be controlled, Imatim, I believe we have to bring some chaos and put them completely at odds with what is going on.

Many modern coaches and managers (particularly Brendan) have a tendency to be over-analytical and prove that they are tactically adept. I believe the best managers and coaches knew when to let their players off the leash and to trust them to go out and express themselves.

The simple fact is, that our least effective players are still better than their most effective players. The only tactic we need to deploy, is for Lenny to tell them to go out and win their individual battles and to ask them questions all over the park.

Control the aggression, for sure - but make sure the bastards know you're there.......especially that wee scrotebag up front.

The thing is if we get stuck right in to them we will be playing with reduced numbers very quickly.

We have to box clever.

They will be diving all over the place and brother Madden will be only too happy to apply the rules to suit them.

We have to be focused imo on the result (eyes on the prize) and not the physicality of things.

In saying that we need to impose ourselves and then let our superior players do what they do best.

Controlled aggression.....total commitment.....total desire to win.....box clever.

That will do it for me.

The thing is if we get stuck right in to them we will be playing with reduced numbers very quickly.

We have to box clever.

They will be diving all over the place and brother Madden will be only too happy to apply the rules to suit them.

We have to be focused imo on the result (eyes on the prize) and not the physicality of things.

In saying that we need to impose ourselves and then let our superior players do what they do best.

Controlled aggression.....total commitment.....total desire to win.....box clever.

That will do it for me.
Hahaha but think of their humiliation when we beat their best XIV (not including subs), with only 7 players on the park!

The only danger is that peanut-heid gets to abandon the game if we go down to 6!!!

I wonder where Madden has put his money?

Being an alleged compulsive gambler with serious money problems where has he put his money to best effect?

Who has he used to lay the bets off with?

There will be a money trail....that is a certainty.....allegedly

Members online

Latest posts

Back