The 700

Hope the guy bench pressing the wheelchair got home safely :LOL:
Hope he's no on the Pat and Mick either, kelly.

I nearly got punted when I pulled a sickie to go to the Shaktar Donesk game when Donati scored the winner in the last minute. Big Mass runs over to celebrate and there I am jumping aboot on live TV. Boss pulled me a couple of days later, but I followed the hun mantra of when in doubt - deny.

Hope he's no on the Pat and Mick either, kelly.

I nearly got punted when I pulled a sickie to go to the Shaktar Donesk game when Donati scored the winner in the last minute. Big Mass runs over to celebrate and there I am jumping aboot on live TV. Boss pulled me a couple of days later, but I followed the hun mantra of when in doubt - deny.
A similar story SP. I may have told it on The Noise sometime ago. If so, forgive the repeat.
1970 and we're playing Feyenoord at the San Siro in the European Cup Final. I try to do the honourable thing and ask for time off from my job as a toolmaker in a place I worked in Hillington Estate. Flatly refused, plus was given a warning as to the consequences if I ignored their decisions. Did I give a feck ? Nae chance. Nothing was gonna stop me.
A wee visit to the doc for a dicky sicky, and that was me sorted. Or so I thought !
Time to board the plane along with a couple of hundred or so fellow 'Tic supporters. Thing is, it was back in the day when airport security wasn't quite so strict as it is today.
A camera crew from a news programme of the time, I think it was called Scotland Today or something like that, were there to film us in full regalia heading off to sunny Milan. I was well and truly captured. Lost the game....but kept my job .

Members online

Latest posts

Back