The BBC and Sevco

Lubos left peg

A few years ago, and very much against their agenda, the BBC reported truthly and fairly on Sevco, their business dealings, their disgraceful fans and the criminal board. It wasn't wall to wall coverage, just a few stories here and there.
In response, the sevco fans revolted as did their board.
The BBC were banned from the bigotdome and for the proceedings 7 years the state broadcaster went on the charm offensive. Ex huns on panels, panelists banned from their shows for speaking the truth, negative story after negative story about Celtic and our fans, brushing over constant racism, vandalism and bile spewed by the scum. Constant "as bad as each other" stories every time a city was smashed up. Videos about how they are the most successful club in the world. Brushing the liquidation of rangers from history completely....and now. Today. Sevco are allowing the BBC back into the fold....but only after they made the state broadcaster apologise for their apparent unfair treatment of the club. What a fucking disgrace. The BBC have apologised to Sevco for telling the truth.

Phil Mac says it better than me.

If our club was under fire from the state broadcaster and its many many hundits before, this is only going to be amplified now.
The BBC will want to stay on Sevcos good side. Every sevco wrong doing will be covered up. Every racist song will be sung by "scottish football fans". Every glass bottle chucked will be compared with the crimes of an unknown Celtic fan at an unknown time in an unknown place.

To apologise for telling the truth. Shocking.

…and absolutely no mention of what it was exactly that they had to apologise for?
Just what was so offensive and so wrong about what the Beeb have reported that caused the Newco to blow a gasket and deserve such an apology?
Please explain BBC Scotland, I would like to know exactly what it is that so upset them that made a huge organisation make a grovelling public apology??

Phil Mac says it better than me.

If our club was under fire from the state broadcaster and its many many hundits before, this is only going to be amplified now.
The BBC will want to stay on Sevcos good side. Every sevco wrong doing will be covered up. Every racist song will be sung by "scottish football fans". Every glass bottle chucked will be compared with the crimes of an unknown Celtic fan at an unknown time in an unknown place.

To apologise for telling the truth. Shocking.
And stands to become even worse when VAR comes into operation, think that all of the bastards are gearing up for it with trying to apply even more pressure upon a corrupt system still imo.

…and absolutely no mention of what it was exactly that they had to apologise for?
Just what was so offensive and so wrong about what the Beeb have reported that caused the Newco to blow a gasket and deserve such an apology?
Please explain BBC Scotland, I would like to know exactly what it is that so upset them that made a huge organisation make a grovelling public apology??
It started because the BBC's Chris McLaughlin reported that there were "three arrests were made after sectarian singing" following a cup match against Hibs. The article in question was also given the headline: "Arrests made at Hibernian v Rangers Challenge Cup match."

The toilet slurpers went mental because the headline should have said "Arrests made at Hibernian v Sevco Challenge Cup match.".

I think the relationship with the BBC further deteriorated after Claudia Winkelman mocked Alan McGregor's cha-cha-cha on the next week's Strictly Come Dancing and then Huw Edwards called Barry Ferguson a "fud" on the 10 O'Clock News. I think....

It started because the BBC's Chris McLaughlin reported that there were "three arrests were made after sectarian singing" following a cup match against Hibs. The article in question was also given the headline: "Arrests made at Hibernian v Rangers Challenge Cup match."

The toilet slurpers went mental because the headline should have said "Arrests made at Hibernian v Sevco Challenge Cup match.".

I think the relationship with the BBC further deteriorated after Claudia Winkelman mocked Alan McGregor's cha-cha-cha on the next week's Strictly Come Dancing and then Huw Edwards called Barry Ferguson a "fud" on the 10 O'Clock News. I think....
Your richt fur yince

HH 😂

And to appease the fenians, BBC Scotland are sticking on the 1988 Cup final at 7:00pm. Id imagine before the season starts and we've got wall to wall coverage of the mighty Teddy bears trying to win their title back from the dirty, terrorist supporting, bead rattling taigs....reported on by BBC employee and ex hun Alex "the sash my father wore" Rae

Back