THE BOARDROOM

The Galway shawl

Does anyone else think there has been a massive change in the way the board are backing the manager? I know they get slated and at times justifiably so, but something has definitely changed. We are straight out the starting blocks this year no fuckin about. Just thought I would throw it out there and see what you Ghuys and Ghirls think. Me personally couldn't be happier with our business so far.HH

Does anyone else think there has been a massive change in the way the board are backing the manager? I know they get slated and at times justifiably so, but something has definitely changed. We are straight out the starting blocks this year no fuckin about. Just thought I would throw it out there and see what you Ghuys and Ghirls think. Me personally couldn't be happier with our business so far.HH
Oh yes. It is absolutely brilliant. It was the same in December too where these new Japanese players were lined up and isolating for registration as soon as it opened. That way we hit the ground running after the winter break and piled the pressure on the toilet slurpers which they couldn't cope with as they collapsed "like a house of cards"!

I am delighted with this much needed change in attitude and supporting the manager in signing a few key starters rather than the scattergun approach we previously employed as we scrambled to pick up whatever project was being offloaded on the 31st August.

Personally I think it's Ange, that's changed thinks. Desmond & Co have bought in too his vision/project. Long may it continue, we've got our player's in early & they'll be settled & up to speed for the start of the season.

While other clubs, huvnie got a pot tae piss in

if this years winners go back into the group stages then i can see why the boards changed it's tact ,,,,,time to act like a big club ,,,also got a feeling were closer to the city group than were letting on

Ange has been a great find plus the transfer windows have been a success in bringing in young talent at low cost

if this years winners go back into the group stages then i can see why the boards changed it's tact ,,,,,time to act like a big club ,,,also got a feeling were closer to the city group than were letting on

Ange has been a great find plus the transfer windows have been a success in bringing in young talent at low cost
I think the key words in that statement Kelly was “ LOW COST” for the board’s actions

A massive change GS and one that has been long overdue imo.
The big change I believe now, is the club is now being run as a football club on footballing terms, instead of this nonsense of buying cheap players and wanting to sell at big profits and the main benefactors seemed to be the shareholders and board members and leaving the majority of the supporters angry and frustrated, with so many teams created but never given the chance to fully fulfil there potential.
Since the arrival of Ange, we have got a manager who knows how he wants to play and actually being able to get in the players he needs to play in such a manner.
In return Ange has more than delivered with the players he wanted and the board have finally started to back a manager and seem to share in his vision, and given the supporter's a squad of players to be really proud off.
In the space of just over 12 months, we have gone from a complete shambles, to now having the strongest squad in depth and quality that I've ever seen at Celtic, and moreso for the money men in the club, the most valuable also, where take your pick on the amount of 30+M players on our books at present, so much bigger returns in the making still, than hoping projects can come good.
Amazing what can be achieved when wanting to run the club properly, and only just getting ready to really getting started now, and with the stability now in place for us to prosper for many more years to come now imo.
So a very big thank you for all concerned to finally giving back our club, as we have waited long enough for it to truly happen.

The big change is buying players for the 1st team, players that are ready to play now, not cheap promising youngsters hoping 1 out of 5 makes it, the constant penny pinching losing great players for the sake of a couple hundred thousand
Make me angry with lawwell and the scouting network squandering millions, we should had a team like this for years

Just one question……is there nae Japanese players coming in this season 🇯🇵

The Board have backed Ange well and I don't just mean financially. They've bought into his ideology and his desire to get the job done.

Unlike the poundshop punters at the midden who can't buy until they sell.
Spot on Shammy, Hence the thread. P.s. you sound awfy bitter.....😂 only pulling yer pisher...hate the bastards more than nails doon a chalkboard.😂

Celtic have had close contact with Man City for years so the people administrating the club could have gained a lot of experience from that and Ange came from a Man City affiliate club. The hidden Fenian hand of Noel Gallagher?

99c55285dfb0f5a8832c6e650de6a521-celtic-fc-noel-gallagher.jpg

Definitely, and long may it continue. The policy will be proven right. I do not want spending that puts the club at financial risk. But a sensible policy that allows growth as a club, enabling us maximise our enormous global potential, has been long overdue.
Completely united as a club is the way forward. From the boardroom to every supporter. It what Celtic is about. 💚 🍀

Last edited:
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here, although we have improved on what was already a great squad. Let’s not forget sevco have signed that 15 year old wonder kid from Motherwall who will probably sink us into the darkness of obscurity and excel them from the greatest team in the world ever to the best team in the solar system ever

I've said a million times, get the best manager you can, trust his judgement, back him as best you can and happily sit in your bunker while the supporters bounce with the positivity.

Fail to get the right man at the helm and it goes tits up in every way possible and your on the menu minute after minute.

Michael Nicholson look like he'd be about as much fun as a S&M session with an angry ex, but if he
continues to stay in his lane and leaves fitba to the professionals, he'll get the respect he should be getting nw IMO

The board were wrong.. they kept doing what they thought was right for shareholders, they managed after that english guy said no to get ange, now ange blatantly told them his way mate, seeing irrate fans they had to fold they haven't even came out and explained but again sit back doing the old pat on the back, now ange delivered so they know they have to back him his way while they sit back and play pat the back, now (i hope not) if they say lets go back to making the shareholders No:1 again and the supporters can sing then...
I believe ange has respect and if Celtic have an amazing European group stage then patting on the back will be awarded but so will ange and his vision.

The board were wrong.. they kept doing what they thought was right for shareholders, they managed after that english guy said no to get ange, now ange blatantly told them his way mate, seeing irrate fans they had to fold they haven't even came out and explained but again sit back doing the old pat on the back, now ange delivered so they know they have to back him his way while they sit back and play pat the back, now (i hope not) if they say lets go back to making the shareholders No:1 again and the supporters can sing then...
I believe ange has respect and if Celtic have an amazing European group stage then patting on the back will be awarded but so will ange and his vision.
You are absolutely correct Pedro. But a board is legally obliged to do what they think is best for the shareholders. But I have argued that what they were doing was not in the best interests of tge shareholders. Now I was probably wrong but my view was a more sensible early investment in specific targets would probably more often than not have resulted in more revenue from higher level European competitions than our previous strategy that failed too often. Now I can't prove that getting 1st team ready starters in early would have been more successful than repeatedly failing in Euro qualifiers due to lack of delayed transfer activity but I suspect it is a better strategy.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here, although we have improved on what was already a great squad. Let’s not forget sevco have signed that 15 year old wonder kid from Motherwall who will probably sink us into the darkness of obscurity and excel them from the greatest team in the world ever to the best team in the solar system ever
They also signed a 37 yro, 38yro, and a 41 yro..... Not pishing ma pants anytime soon...😂

You are absolutely correct Pedro. But a board is legally obliged to do what they think is best for the shareholders. But I have argued that what they were doing was not in the best interests of tge shareholders. Now I was probably wrong but my view was a more sensible early investment in specific targets would probably more often than not have resulted in more revenue from higher level European competitions than our previous strategy that failed too often. Now I can't prove that getting 1st team ready starters in early would have been more successful than repeatedly failing in Euro qualifiers due to lack of delayed transfer activity but I suspect it is a better strategy.
BB This season will answer that question that is being asked or has played on (most) Celtic fans minds. HH

It was mystifying the length of time the board hung around waiting on Howe putting pen to paper .
IMO they owe Ange an enormous debt for getting saving their necks .
The utter shambles that man walked into last season cannot be underestimated, it was a complete shitshow and for Ange not only to take it on but to turn it around so quickly was remarkable and wouldn't have gone unnoticed by other clubs .
It will not just be us Celtic supporters looking forward to seeing what Ange and his team can do this season.
One things for sure it's going to be one hell of a ride .
All aboard the BIG ANGE rollercoaster.
HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back