The Boyata issue

That's what Rodgers led us to believe about compper. Do you believe him now?
I watched Scott Allen in pre season and he was the best player on the pitch. Rodgers didn't like him.
So it's now fair game for the squad under Lenny!

Compper's had injury after injury after injury since he signed Deadner just because BR acted like a cunt yesterday doesn't mean EVERYTHING he said was a lie.

As for Allan one game in pre-season does not a Celtic player make. I think Allan has been treated badly in his time and should've been given more of a chance but if a manager doesn't fancy a player and thinks he has better options then that's just the way it goes, it happens at all clubs all the time.

We're all raging with Rodgers mate I get it but we shouldn't be second guessing and dissecting everything he's said previously as it's not only pointless but we're wasting more of our time on a guy who really doesn't deserve it. Fuck him he bailed, he's yesterday's man.

HH.

Lenny had his press conference today ,saying as much as ,think twice about leaving, ok,some may want to leave,but do not think they are in love with Rodgers that they want to join him?could be wrong,hope so,we have the makings of a solid team,add as required,don’t want a hun building scenario,do we ! Think a lot of players who are Celtic minded are as pissed off at Rodgers as we the fans are,anyway, he must be aware of the massive anti-feelings towards him now,would he dare try to entice anyone?????hh

Benkovic should hand in a transfer request.
As nice as that would be for us Celtic supporters, Benkovic just signed for Leicester last August and hasn’t played a minute for them yet. If he turns in a transfer request now, it’s not going to be received well and things could get ugly for him and his career prospects. If he wants out, best case scenario for him is to play well and have his agent work the phones trying to get a deal at another club that allows Leicester to turn a small profit before he turns in his transfer request. Zero chance their board approves his transfer that would result in them taking a loss on their investment in him which sadly takes us out of the running either way.

Compper's had injury after injury after injury since he signed Deadner just because BR acted like a cunt yesterday doesn't mean EVERYTHING he said was a lie.

As for Allan one game in pre-season does not a Celtic player make. I think Allan has been treated badly in his time and should've been given more of a chance but if a manager doesn't fancy a player and thinks he has better options then that's just the way it goes, it happens at all clubs all the time.

We're all raging with Rodgers mate I get it but we shouldn't be second guessing and dissecting everything he's said previously as it's not only pointless but we're wasting more of our time on a guy who really doesn't deserve it. Fuck him he bailed, he's yesterday's man.

HH.
Yes you are right in most of what you say, but I will certainly dissect everything the lyin wee fucker has told us. Because his entire reign at Celtic was based on lies. Yes he bailed and fuck him and all that, but I believe there are now players at the club rubbin their hands thinkin this is their chance. And I for one hope they can't prove the wee cunt wrong!

Thats my point mate. between compper and boyata fiasco rogers management sucks. His coaching may be top notch but he cant manage and if you cant manage you cant be in control of financial matters. And how to you back someone who cant spot talent or read injury history before signing someone.

Lost 9 million bid on Boyata. That equivalent to selling boyata and signing similar strength player for 1 year giving 9 million on top of the wage boyata on. Thats ludicrous management.

I could go into all the reasons why our budget may have forced BR to turn to players like Compper and why I don't blame BR for not wanting to let go of one of his first choice CB's with no adequate replacement lined up and why we would never have spent the £9m on a replacement anyway but tbh with you mate I'm fed up talking about finances, transfer policies, guys who have either gone already or are about to go.

All I want is to watch us win by playing nice attacking fitba and for us to be the best we can be and for everyone involved to do everything they can to make that happen!

HH mate.

Yes you are right in most of what you say, but I will certainly dissect everything the lyin wee fucker has told us. Because his entire reign at Celtic was based on lies. Yes he bailed and fuck him and all that, but I believe there are now players at the club rubbin their hands thinkin this is their chance. And I for one hope they can't prove the wee cunt wrong!

No doubt the door has been opened to the first team for those that have been stuck on the outside looking in and if you need to dissect everything BR said to purge your rage at him then you do what you have to mate, just don't have a coronary over it as he ain't worth it (y)

HH Deadner.

That's you're opinion and most Celtic supporters opinion on boyata, but rat arse Rodgers fuckin loved him!
Probably the Boyata fiasco was actually the beginning of the end for Brendan. After what happened with Boyata I personally could see Brendan was only interested in himself rather than the benefit of Celtic. Fulham offered us 9 million but Rodgers probably threatened the board that if they sold Boyata he would be offski. Celtic are a club that can't afford a player to play only one season at a cost of 9 million, but just to appease Brendan, a very bad decision was made. We ended up with Boyata who has an eye somewhere else and didn't want to be here, instead of 9 million in the bank that could have been spent on another good centre half on a 4 or 5 years contract that did want to be here and an opportunity to sell on near the end of his contact. I suspect Brendan wasn't thinking what was best for Celtic long term, but what was best for Brendan Rodgers short term. Thankfully we now have a manager who's interest is for Celtic first and foremost. Someone who is prepared to take disgusting personal abuse for the cause. I hope and expect we will all back him 100% through good and bad times. Lenny started 10 in a row and he will be there when we get the 10 (I hope).

Lenny had his press conference today ,saying as much as ,think twice about leaving, ok,some may want to leave,but do not think they are in love with Rodgers that they want to join him?could be wrong,hope so,we have the makings of a solid team,add as required,don’t want a hun building scenario,do we ! Think a lot of players who are Celtic minded are as pissed off at Rodgers as we the fans are,anyway, he must be aware of the massive anti-feelings towards him now,would he dare try to entice anyone?????hh
I suspect BR deep down thought he’d go to Leicester with the backing of our support or at least with grudging acceptance of his ambition. I think he has badly misread the situation, both of the support and the squad.

There may be a handful of guys who feel indebted to him for bringing them to Celtic Park and elevating their careers, but I think most of them feel even more betrayed than we supporters do! I mean, he’s their boss, and he up and walks out on them in the middle of a historic triple-treble campaign, and he didn’t even have the decency to say goodbye?! And the fact that Leicester was willing to wait until the summer just makes this worse. Most of the squad will feel personally betrayed by this much more than we as supporters can ever know.

What I wouldn’t give to have access to the squads groupme or WhatsApp account!!!

just a thought D,do ye think Scott Allan will get a game tonight HH

I could go into all the reasons why our budget may have forced BR to turn to players like Compper and why I don't blame BR for not wanting to let go of one of his first choice CB's with no adequate replacement lined up and why we would never have spent the £9m on a replacement anyway but tbh with you mate I'm fed up talking about finances, transfer policies, guys who have either gone already or are about to go.

All I want is to watch us win by playing nice attacking fitba and for us to be the best we can be and for everyone involved to do everything they can to make that happen!

HH mate.
At the end of the day. Had Rodgers had these issues you suspect then if he was a man, he would have turned round and said to the board im off in summer. But he didnt he pretended he loved life and the Celtic challenge. He said he loved bringing young players through to greatness.

If it was board that was problem he should and could have said breach of contract. Im off.

But he didnt. He lied through his teeth with double dealings and then ran off in middle of the night without a word or apology, in sleekit clandestine fashion.

The silnece of the board baffles me. But they have more than backed him much more than any other manager in our history. they doubled the op costs for him thats 30 million per season alone on top of that they backed him with at least 9 million per season on transfer in.

He fills the squad up with players that are not better than first team so the team doesnt improve yet even when he shafts the whole club with lie after lie. still most people think its the baord that are at fault for keeping the spending under control and bringing end to his ever increasing inefficent costs and player hording.

The bottle neck in the op costs are already beyond safe levels and still people want more and more money spent on better players.

I want better players but handing money over to a liar and glib superficial dude who has no concept of value or truth is madness.

I hate lawells face but he is canny with money. The fact Rodgers is a bare faced liar on one thing puts every thing he ever said in doubt especially when his lies are big giant whoppers.

Board may be stingy but long term thats their job. grow the club while winning as many winnable trophies as their budget can afford. thats the model.

Anyway

Before you say we need to speculate to accumaulate.
They have speculated the entire operation costs way beyond ordinary income. That means they cant really risk any more speculation without selling lots of overpaid non forst team players.

There is actually no real need for celtic to be sitting on such high wage levels if the management is efficient and effective.

That fact rodgers is not even close to efficeint means for a club like Celtic is a short term gamble with long term stability.

And now hes a bare faced liar im glad he is gone. the dirty rat.

Anyway cmon lennon lets burst the hearts tonight

HH

Probably the Boyata fiasco was actually the beginning of the end for Brendan. After what happened with Boyata I personally could see Brendan was only interested in himself rather than the benefit of Celtic. Fulham offered us 9 million but Rodgers probably threatened the board that if they sold Boyata he would be offski. Celtic are a club that can't afford a player to play only one season at a cost of 9 million, but just to appease Brendan, a very bad decision was made. We ended up with Boyata who has an eye somewhere else and didn't want to be here, instead of 9 million in the bank that could have been spent on another good centre half on a 4 or 5 years contract that did want to be here and an opportunity to sell on near the end of his contact. I suspect Brendan wasn't thinking what was best for Celtic long term, but what was best for Brendan Rodgers short term. Thankfully we now have a manager who's interest is for Celtic first and foremost. Someone who is prepared to take disgusting personal abuse for the cause. I hope and expect we will all back him 100% through good and bad times. Lenny started 10 in a row and he will be there when we get the 10 (I hope).
TT, I 100% agree with all of that. Well, except for the part about wanting Lenny to be here for 10IAR. He’s a good steward for Celtic and every supporter owes him a debt of gratitude. Perhaps more. But I do think it’s in Celtic’s best interest long term to hire someone else. I trust DD and PL to recruit the next manager who will not only secure 10IAR but also has the qualities that will take us forward in Europe in the coming seasons.

As much of a snake oil salesman BR turned out to be, there cannot be any doubt he’s a good coach. He turned Ronny’s squad into Invincibles and won every domestic trophy available to him during his time here. He’s a *** bastard for what he did to us at the end, but he is objectively the best manager any club in Scotland has seen in many years. PL and DD will recruit someone of similar, or hopefully better, caliber to take the club forward next season.

On Boyata, there’s a lot of compelling reasons why we should have kept him or sold him. It doesn’t really matter now. The £9m was opportunity cost only - our initial investment into him was far smaller, and had we managed to qualify for CL group stage, that would have justified turning the offer down on a purely financial basis. Hindsight is always 20:20, but that, along with the Dembele fiasco, were warning signs regarding BR that went unheeded among us as supporters. I just with the club hadn’t made a hash of the transfer window and had secured a suitable replacement early enough so that we could have sold Boyata at the time. This is exhibit A of why we need a proper Director or Football who is responsible for transfers and who doesnt report to the Football manager... but that’s a story for another day.

Was reading an article earlier stating that BR was prepared to walk last summer if Celtic sold Boyata to Fullham.
I personally would have taken the alleged 9mill and bought a better player. I can't see past the fact he switches off at crucial times occasionally.
Now we get fuck all. No player and no money.
Thanks a fuckin bunch Brendan.
HH?

TT, I 100% agree with all of that. Well, except for the part about wanting Lenny to be here for 10IAR. He’s a good steward for Celtic and every supporter owes him a debt of gratitude. Perhaps more. But I do think it’s in Celtic’s best interest long term to hire someone else. I trust DD and PL to recruit the next manager who will not only secure 10IAR but also has the qualities that will take us forward in Europe in the coming seasons.

As much of a snake oil salesman BR turned out to be, there cannot be any doubt he’s a good coach. He turned Ronny’s squad into Invincibles and won every domestic trophy available to him during his time here. He’s a *** bastard for what he did to us at the end, but he is objectively the best manager any club in Scotland has seen in many years. PL and DD will recruit someone of similar, or hopefully better, caliber to take the club forward next season.

On Boyata, there’s a lot of compelling reasons why we should have kept him or sold him. It doesn’t really matter now. The £9m was opportunity cost only - our initial investment into him was far smaller, and had we managed to qualify for CL group stage, that would have justified turning the offer down on a purely financial basis. Hindsight is always 20:20, but that, along with the Dembele fiasco, were warning signs regarding BR that went unheeded among us as supporters. I just with the club hadn’t made a hash of the transfer window and had secured a suitable replacement early enough so that we could have sold Boyata at the time. This is exhibit A of why we need a proper Director or Football who is responsible for transfers and who doesnt report to the Football manager... but that’s a story for another day.
We mostly agree. I think you might be pleasantly surprised that Neil Lennon turns out to be a top world class coach, I sincerely believe that. There are similarities to Ole Gunnar Solskjær at Man Utd. To expand on the Boyota fiasco.. I have to add in Brendan defense he only insisted Boyata should stay and not be sold to Fulham, because the board had already fucked up trying to get Schaar (now at Newcastle), McGinn and another (I forget) and the transfer window was almost closed, however it was Brendan who had previously fucked up with Commper and Hendry at a cost of a few million, and since he had previously already spent so much on shite Centre Halves, I can see why Lawwell would be angry with Brendan. Who was responsible for Commper & Hendy? I admit I don't know, but what I do know is that a manager interested in the best long term future of Celtic FC would have sanctioned the 9 million transfer of Boyata. Was Brendan thinking... I need Boyata now because I'll be offski soon even though Celtic FC will lose out on 9m? I believe yes! However, we did get 6 million compensation from Leicester and we now have a better manager than Brendan, plus we have 7 trophies out of 7 going for the treble treble and 10 in a row so all is well that ends well! :cool:

At the end of the day. Had Rodgers had these issues you suspect then if he was a man, he would have turned round and said to the board im off in summer. But he didnt he pretended he loved life and the Celtic challenge. He said he loved bringing young players through to greatness.

If it was board that was problem he should and could have said breach of contract. Im off.

But he didnt. He lied through his teeth with double dealings and then ran off in middle of the night without a word or apology, in sleekit clandestine fashion.

The silnece of the board baffles me. But they have more than backed him much more than any other manager in our history. they doubled the op costs for him thats 30 million per season alone on top of that they backed him with at least 9 million per season on transfer in.

He fills the squad up with players that are not better than first team so the team doesnt improve yet even when he shafts the whole club with lie after lie. still most people think its the baord that are at fault for keeping the spending under control and bringing end to his ever increasing inefficent costs and player hording.

The bottle neck in the op costs are already beyond safe levels and still people want more and more money spent on better players.

I want better players but handing money over to a liar and glib superficial dude who has no concept of value or truth is madness.

I hate lawells face but he is canny with money. The fact Rodgers is a bare faced liar on one thing puts every thing he ever said in doubt especially when his lies are big giant whoppers.

Board may be stingy but long term thats their job. grow the club while winning as many winnable trophies as their budget can afford. thats the model.

Anyway

Before you say we need to speculate to accumaulate.
They have speculated the entire operation costs way beyond ordinary income. That means they cant really risk any more speculation without selling lots of overpaid non forst team players.

There is actually no real need for celtic to be sitting on such high wage levels if the management is efficient and effective.

That fact rodgers is not even close to efficeint means for a club like Celtic is a short term gamble with long term stability.

And now hes a bare faced liar im glad he is gone. the dirty rat.

Anyway cmon lennon lets burst the hearts tonight

HH

I think it's quite clear from what's came out over the last 6 months regarding the spats between BR and Lawell that BR did have issues with how Lawell and the board operate when it comes to transfers and he obviously raised these issues with them otherwise there would have been no spats in the first place.

Think we're going to have to agree to disagree when it comes to Lawell/Board/Transfer policy etc. TET. You have your view and I have mine mate and we're never going to agree on everything. You think BR was backed by the board (£9m a season?) whereas I don't think the board have adequately backed any manager since they splurged the cash under MON, who was backed more than any other manager in our history including BR at a time when we didn't have anywhere near the finances we have now.

You mention how BR filled the squad with players no better than what we already had, how the board doubled the operating costs and that there's no need for our operating costs to be so high. This I agree with entirely but I view this as a symptom of a flawed transfer strategy. Squads under previous managers were also bloated with players contributing nothing and although the operating costs might not have been as high as they've been under BR they were certainly much too high for what we were getting in return.

My issue with the strategy is this, if you build you're whole transfer strategy around signing 'projects' and 'potential' in a narrow price bracket then you're not only limiting your options on who you can sign but you're taking a big gamble on those you do sign coming good and unfortunately very few make the grade. When they don't make the grade you've got to go again and sign another and another and keep going till you get one who does and if you're doing that all over the pitch then what you end up with is a squad bursting at the seams with players who are not good enough for the starting 11 and an ever soaring wage bill. And then those who do break through are punted as soon as humanely possible and we start the whole process over again accumulating more and more players and driving the operating costs up even further and while all this is going on the team on the pitch is in a constant state of flux because we're constantly having to refill the positions where we've sold off our best talent.

If you want to talk about inefficiencies then the biggest inefficiency that exists at the club is Lawell & the board's transfer strategy. And before you say ;) ahh but VVD, Wanyama etc etc prove that it's a sound strategy just look at the volume of players that's came through our doors since this strategy was put in place, it's a staggering amount and when you look at the numbers who didn't make the grade and start to add up the fees and wages squandered on them then the strategy starts to look a lot less sound than what it did before.

Listen I'm not saying BR didn't sign his fair share of duds but how many were the result of the transfer strategy and the limited funds made available and how many were down to BR's bad judgement? When the same pattern emerges throughout the tenures of various different managers then you can't just say they've ALL been shite at identifying talent you've got to start looking beyond the manager/scouting system and start looking at the structures that have been put in place.

Not once have I ever called for us to start spending stupid amounts of money when discussing this subject all I've ever said is get rid of the ridiculously inflexible recruitment criteria i.e not every player we sign should have to fall into the young project with potential category the way pretty much all of them do, keep loan deals to a minimum unless there's the potential of signing them permanently and push the boat out a little more than normal when we're raking in tens of millions in CL money and player sales.

As for BR, I have zero interest in defending him here that's not what this is, it's about what I view as an ongoing issue that's been holding us back on the pitch for years and what I view as the squandering of precious resources and I'd like to see a change in approach from Lawell and the board. Anyway you've managed to drag me back into a debate about something I'm fed up debating lol. Damn you :ROFLMAO:

Always a pleasure TET.

HH mate.

Last edited:
Thats my point mate. between compper and boyata fiasco rogers management sucks. His coaching may be top notch but he cant manage and if you cant manage you cant be in control of financial matters. And how to you back someone who cant spot talent or read injury history before signing someone.

Lost 9 million bid on Boyata. That equivalent to selling boyata and signing similar strength player for 1 year giving 9 million on top of the wage boyata on. Thats ludicrous management.
Unless there were ulterior motives .. we might never know ..

Unless there were ulterior motives .. we might never know ..
Rodgers was a liar. Sorry that should read compulsive liar. He made shit up to make himself look good. Infact even Danny mc grain has come out and said that the big long winded story Rodgers told about him meeting him for the first time was all made up, because the wee rat needed to sell books. The truth always comes out. Apparently there's a podcast on tomorrow night that's gonna spill the beans......

Rodgers was a liar. Sorry that should read compulsive liar. He made shit up to make himself look good. Infact even Danny mc grain has come out and said that the big long winded story Rodgers told about him meeting him for the first time was all made up, because the wee rat needed to sell books. The truth always comes out. Apparently there's a podcast on tomorrow night that's gonna spill the beans......
I’m on the other side of world , so rely on places like here to gather my info , and extremely grateful for your input . Nothing would surprise me now , the clandestine methods that are coming to light , .. was it only Leicester he had his agents talking to ,??

Boyata now on free transfer, entitled to a huge signing on fee , which might end up being split with a certain advisor .. we really can never tell what goes on .. how long did the rotten mob manage to conceal their financial cheating and theft .. if wasn’t for the financial crisis and Lloyd’s Bank , they might have kept it covered ...

Anyway , great result tonight , and HH to Lenny and the Bhoys ..

Back