The Budgie Song – ‘We’ll meet again, don’t know where don’t know when…’

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
Just look at the participants in the committee to discuss reconstruction. They all rely on home matches as their major source of revenue. Only Hearts and Hibs ever have a run in the Scottish Cup or League Cup and have only played a handful of European qualifiers between them in recent years.

Therefore I fear that if anything they will propose an even bigger number of league games to be squeezed into an already overcrowded season rather than less. At the moment you have players from Celtic, the rangers & Aberdeen playing/training over 11 months every year, often playing 8-9 matches in consecutive months (all being "must win" games).

This physical and mental strain year-on-year with insufficient rest time burns many of our country's best players out and leads to injuries & strains. Which of course doesn't help our national team either (maybe not a big concern to some of our fans but it should be very important to the people running our sport).

Hopefully I am wrong and their recommendations won't be entirely driven by greed and self-interest, but I have my doubts!

Just look at the participants in the committee to discuss reconstruction. They all rely on home matches as their major source of revenue. Only Hearts and Hibs ever have a run in the Scottish Cup or League Cup and have only played a handful of European qualifiers between them in recent years.

Therefore I fear that if anything they will propose an even bigger number of league games to be squeezed into an already overcrowded season rather than less. At the moment you have players from Celtic, the rangers & Aberdeen playing/training over 11 months every year, often playing 8-9 matches in consecutive months (all being "must win" games).

This physical and mental strain year-on-year with insufficient rest time burns many of our country's best players out and leads to injuries & strains. Which of course doesn't help our national team either (maybe not a big concern to some of our fans but it should be very important to the people running our sport).

Hopefully I am wrong and their recommendations won't be entirely driven by greed and self-interest, but I have my doubts!

Que sera, sera.
In Scottish football nothing can be predicted with any certainty.
If we go to a top league of 14 we have to agitate for a top six, bottom eight split after 26 games.
This avoids two clubs having a free day at every round of post split games. It reduces the number of league games for the top six clubs who are the most likely to be involved in Europe. The bottom eight clubs play four more games (40 as opposed to 36) which means extra home gates therefore slightly more cash.

We must resist anything which means more games for our top clubs or any moves to establish a play off tournament to decide the champions. This might be very exciting and a real money spinner but it completely undermines the whole concept of a season long league tournament.

Que sera, sera.
If we go to a top league of 14 we have to agitate for a top six, bottom eight split after 26 games.
This avoids two clubs having a free day at every round of post split games. It reduces the number of league games for the top six clubs who are the most likely to be involved in Europe. The bottom eight clubs play four more games (40 as opposed to 36) which means extra home gates therefore slightly more cash.

We must resist anything which means more games for our top clubs or any moves to establish a play off tournament to decide the champions. This might be very exciting and a real money spinner but it completely undermines the whole concept of a season long league tournament.
And of course, this type of split does away with the ridiculous lopsided fixtures lists clubs suffer just now where some teams play opponents 3 times away and other 3 times at home, or 19 games away & 17 at home for the whole league campaign! Does anyone anywhere think this is a sensible or fair idea?

Anyone having problems logging in this morning took me an hour before the site came up
Yes - its very slow. Its like driving along a road in a huge queue of traffic doing 15 miles an hour cos there is a farmer trundling along in his tractor at rush hour not pulling into the parking spots to let anyone past. 😅😉

Would put money on Bungle scrapping the winter break ,her secret investors will demand it .

That list of committe members for league construction is like a whos who of village idiots and useless cnts

That's why scotish footballs a joke

Yes - its very slow. Its like driving along a road in a huge queue of traffic doing 15 miles an hour cos there is a farmer trundling along in his tractor at rush hour not pulling into the parking spots to let anyone past. 😅😉
parking spots are for parking ,dumping rubbish and getting yer hole at night

Take it up wi the council 🚜 🚜 :D

Que sera, sera.

Agree 100% ! However , I am pessimistic because the decision is being left to the SPFL and the clubs - and they can be relied on to make a pig's ear out of a silk purse !

HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back