The Bunnet.

I'd say statues for John Glass, Willie Maley, James McGrory & Fergus McCann.
Yes BB. Wouldn't it be nice to have recognition of the immortals associated with the club, based at key locations around the stadium. I would propose as a starter, a team one recognising the Lions achievement. Based on the iconic photo, with Jock Stein included.
Every player does not have to be a life size / large figure. It is in recognition of the team, rather than any individual.

Last edited:
Yes BB. Wouldn't it be nice to have recognition of the immortals associated with the club, based at key locations around the stadium. I would propose as a starter, a team one recognising the Lions achievement. Based on the iconic photo, with Jock Stein included.
Every player does not have to be a life size / large figure. It is in recognition of the team, rather than any individual.
I would also like to see Lennoxtown renamed The Tommy Burns Centre.

Everyone has someone at the club that they would like to see immortalised , whether it be a statue , a plaque or having part of the stadium/training ground named for them .
Each era has its own heroes - McGrory in the distant past , Charlie Tully in the 50's , the Lisbon Lions , Dalglish , McStay , Larsson , Tony Cascarino ( LoL ! )...

Maybe it is time for the club to appoint a group to meet and discuss how to recognise the great figures who have served Celtic well over the years ,
Certainly the Celtic Museum has its place in this but , to many fans , something more visible is needed for certain outstanding contributions to the Celtic Family .

HH

I agree. I'd love ground level life-size statues of all the Lions in that iconic photo of them walking onto the pitch up the Celtic way. The photo opportunities for fans would be incredible.

20210227_113807.jpg

I hope that the club will one day look at this. We could have a wonderful area surrounding the stadium with statues of the greats of the past, plaques and photos of stand out moments and results etc.. and something I would love to see would be actual meeting places around the stadium like pubs or areas where fans can get together before games with live music and stuff. Embrace and teach our history and forge a better future together as celtic fans and welcoming other fans from around the world to take part, a club open to everyone!

Also Tommy Burns should be the next statue put up imo and I agree wholeheartedly with 50 shades that Lennoxtown should be renamed in honour of the man from Calton. Mabe the north stand renamed the fergus mccann stand or the Jimmy mcgrory stand.

Think the club could do so much more for themselves and us if only we didnt have an absentee landlord....

For all his accomplishments The Bunnet strikes me as a modest dude maybe he doesn’t want a statue or a stand named after himself and to be fair he did pretty well out of Celtic deservedly so but nonetheless celtic was as good for him as he was for Celtic

For all his accomplishments The Bunnet strikes me as a modest dude maybe he doesn’t want a statue or a stand named after himself and to be fair he did pretty well out of Celtic deservedly so but nonetheless celtic was as good for him as he was for Celtic
Celtic was the risk he took that no-one else was prepared to take. Celtic would have been punted into the wrong bank hands. Apart from the bank debt he paid for the shares to get rid of the Dynasty.

Everyone has someone at the club that they would like to see immortalised , whether it be a statue , a plaque or having part of the stadium/training ground named for them .
Each era has its own heroes - McGrory in the distant past , Charlie Tully in the 50's , the Lisbon Lions , Dalglish , McStay , Larsson , Tony Cascarino ( LoL ! )...

Maybe it is time for the club to appoint a group to meet and discuss how to recognise the great figures who have served Celtic well over the years ,
Certainly the Celtic Museum has its place in this but , to many fans , something more visible is needed for certain outstanding contributions to the Celtic Family .

HH
Agree millsy a museum would be the perfect place for all the celtic greats.if we keep putting statues around celtic park it would just get cramped and tacky looking. But a museum with all our hero's from the start with brother wilfrid right up to the present day would be a great place to visit.

Agree millsy a museum would be the perfect place for all the celtic greats.if we keep putting statues around celtic park it would just get cramped and tacky looking. But a museum with all our hero's from the start with brother wilfrid right up to the present day would be a great place to visit.
I honestly believe that we have to make an exception for the bunnet, yes many heroes who have done great things for the club but the bunnet and what he did imo is second only to Brother Walfrid. There wouldve been no Larsson, sutton hartson et all if not for his actions, no MON no BR no fantastic stadium and possibly no club . The bunnet is an exception to the norm and I would be all for a statue for the man who saved us and then made us stronger and stable. HH ☘

Members online

Back