The burden of the Ten and THE REALLY BIG CONCERN

I love Lenny, but time tae go, poor fitness, stubbornness with tactics, players who seem never tae get dropped no matter how shite they play. Stupid fucking mistakes week after week etc

Won't be watching or listening this afternoon, Thursdays result broke me as a fan.

50 yrs of following Celtic, I've seen the good times & the bad, cried with joy & cried with defeat. Put my hard earned cash into the club season after season, last 3 seasons 4 adult, 3 kids season tickets.

We got rid of a board before, maybe it's time tae give these bastards a shock Desmond, Lawell & co

I'm fuckin raging 😡😡😡

Hit me point by point with this rambling post everybody. The following are genuine concerns or opinions of mine.
1. It can be argued that we did not spend wisely but the board DID back NL by retaining all our big hitters and investing 17 million in the squad = Agreed ?
2 .Are Biton, Eddy and El Hamed still struggling for fitness ( post Covid ) ? Are Ajeti and Griff still not up to speed ? on top of Jamesy, Julienne, Johnstone and Ajer ?. Then the worst ( for me ) are we missing the discarded mental strength of Lustig, Hayes and Gordon ? or is it simply our ( Brendans ) regime of fitness and discipline that's been allowed to slide ?
3. Its unbelievable that a side depleted by the virus and a four week suspension of their season so far completely ran us off the park - Is the answer in 2 or 4 or 5 of this post ?
4. I think we all feel that the whole squad is underperforming ( Laxalt excepted ) Is it the psychological burden of the ten that's dragging the whole club backwards ? ( if that's the answer the season is already lost )
5. I love NFL but is he too easily outfoxed tactically - He goes 3-5-2 and Sparta adjust their formation within 5 minutes to negate it. In the main NFL waits till 70 minutes then has a shot at something else ? Too predictable ?
6. But here is my greatest concern fellow Celts. The boards commendable financial commitment to the ten in conjunction with the massive corona driven decline in revenue plus the disastrous loss of meaningful european revenue and the rapidly declining ( corona driven ) value of players could drag us back to the same level of financial impotence as the noisy neighbours and far too close to the pre Fergus days.
7. Too pessimistic ? too Negative ? or far too possible ? 👻👻👻
1. The board certainly did back NL, but maybe too much. It could also be said that they didn't stand up to NL by getting rid of players that didn't want to be there. It was a rock and a hard place, they gave us what we wanted this time.
2020 - we should have sold Edoard and Ntcham to keep everything fresh (Celtic and football doesn't end after 2020/21). Watch GS here he talks about having to get rid of players that want to move on and now Roy Keane & Dion Dublin lit the dressing room alight. And lets face it NL has touched on it more than once in regard players that wanted to leave.

2. Absolutley, struggling with the whole situation fitness wise. So is probably Christie who remember had to spend 14 days quaratine. Also remember how many games have we played so far, including internationals. Yes lots, personally I don't think NL has allowed them to get unfit, a combination of number of games / injuries / covid / lack of confidence has made us look lethagic.

3. I think this is the same as 1 & 2.

4. No I don't think there is any extra burden, as the the players would see the Europa league as nice distraction - but no, this has been the opposite.

5. Is Lennon out foxed tactically - on results YES. Cluj, Copenhagen, Ferencvaros, Rangers and Sparta Praha. Those are the money games and he has got them all wrong.

6. As per number 1. The board were wrong in my eyes to put the 10 before the health of the club espically with covid. From the outside there rarely seems to be much in the way of planning. The left back situation....we have signed 2 players until we finally got our man Laxalt. Why could we not just play a youngster until we get our man. Or even better have a replacement for Tiearney signed before he left.

The 10 is a loose around our necks - I'm sick of it to be honest (maybe because it's hard???) mainly because our focus is really in the wrong place. The focus isn't on 10, it's them across the river. Rangers have always been in our shadows.....always. So why are we always looking over at them? Yes I understand we have to work etc with them.....but we are a European club. And most of the football greats have passed through Parkhead's gates. If our ambition is rangers....wave good bye to those nights.

The set up as per our European results are all wrong - bonus £ should only be paid from the top down if Champions League Group football is cemented (with balanced books - no debt). Give the £30m that we get as bonus payments - that would give the players and board some motivation. 25 Squad + coatching + board = £0.5m each in bonus. Any points won afterwards would be the clubs.

No bonus £ should be paid on profit.

If the club looks after European football the Scottish Presmiership will look after it's self. And as we have seen with our and Rangers results in Europe the better we do the easier it might come to qualify (2 places etc).

A lots made of the quest for 10 but imo these bhoys are living legends anyway with the 9 and I hope the 4th treble , again inconceivable that we are at that stage and more legend. I hope that lifting the cup on the 20th will be the trigger for us to see the real Celtic and it has to be said if I'm honest the rangers have played some good stuff but not against us and for all the criticism we have received we are right in the race it's not as though the pts are actual difference. That we haven't fully clicked yet and that I dont think they can be any better is another positive for us. 1 poor result for them will have the droves on their backs once more whereas we have gone through our bad spell with 1 defeat. The futures still green and white HH ☘

1. The board certainly did back NL, but maybe too much. It could also be said that they didn't stand up to NL by getting rid of players that didn't want to be there. It was a rock and a hard place, they gave us what we wanted this time.
2020 - we should have sold Edoard and Ntcham to keep everything fresh (Celtic and football doesn't end after 2020/21). Watch GS here he talks about having to get rid of players that want to move on and now Roy Keane & Dion Dublin lit the dressing room alight. And lets face it NL has touched on it more than once in regard players that wanted to leave.

2. Absolutley, struggling with the whole situation fitness wise. So is probably Christie who remember had to spend 14 days quaratine. Also remember how many games have we played so far, including internationals. Yes lots, personally I don't think NL has allowed them to get unfit, a combination of number of games / injuries / covid / lack of confidence has made us look lethagic.

3. I think this is the same as 1 & 2.

4. No I don't think there is any extra burden, as the the players would see the Europa league as nice distraction - but no, this has been the opposite.

5. Is Lennon out foxed tactically - on results YES. Cluj, Copenhagen, Ferencvaros, Rangers and Sparta Praha. Those are the money games and he has got them all wrong.

6. As per number 1. The board were wrong in my eyes to put the 10 before the health of the club espically with covid. From the outside there rarely seems to be much in the way of planning. The left back situation....we have signed 2 players until we finally got our man Laxalt. Why could we not just play a youngster until we get our man. Or even better have a replacement for Tiearney signed before he left.

The 10 is a loose around our necks - I'm sick of it to be honest (maybe because it's hard???) mainly because our focus is really in the wrong place. The focus isn't on 10, it's them across the river. Rangers have always been in our shadows.....always. So why are we always looking over at them? Yes I understand we have to work etc with them.....but we are a European club. And most of the football greats have passed through Parkhead's gates. If our ambition is rangers....wave good bye to those nights.

The set up as per our European results are all wrong - bonus £ should only be paid from the top down if Champions League Group football is cemented (with balanced books - no debt). Give the £30m that we get as bonus payments - that would give the players and board some motivation. 25 Squad + coatching + board = £0.5m each in bonus. Any points won afterwards would be the clubs.

No bonus £ should be paid on profit.

If the club looks after European football the Scottish Presmiership will look after it's self. And as we have seen with our and Rangers results in Europe the better we do the easier it might come to qualify (2 places etc).
Smashin' post 🍀 🍀 🍀

Back