The case against Ralston

26+6=1

With both Hatem Abd Elhamed and Kris Ajer doubtful for Thursday night there is a lot of 'concern' online that Celtic will have to play Anthony Ralston. I think this is unfair on the player as he has looked decent defensively when I've seen him. I seem to remember him performing admirably for such a young age against Neymar.
Yes his crossing could be a lot better but there are people in front of him for that. I think he suffers from the fact he's not the right sided KT and can only pale in comparison. The lad is a defender, if he can do that well enough give him his chance and let the attacking players handle stuff up the field.

With both Hatem Abd Elhamed and Kris Ajer doubtful for Thursday night there is a lot of 'concern' online that Celtic will have to play Anthony Ralston. I think this is unfair on the player as he has looked decent defensively when I've seen him. I seem to remember him performing admirably for such a young age against Neymar.
Yes his crossing could be a lot better but there are people in front of him for that. I think he suffers from the fact he's not the right sided KT and can only pale in comparison. The lad is a defender, if he can do that well enough give him his chance and let the attacking players handle stuff up the field.
Its his demeanour that worries me in recent months. When the role was there to be claimed he hasn't really shown the ambition and drive that I would like to see in a young player brought through system.
I don't think he is a bad player but I don't think he wants the first team strong enough, and from the limited times I have seen him he hasn't really done enough to be a first team regular.

Had high hopes for him and I hope he proves me badly wrong.

I wish you Tony was better technically because I love his fight. He knows what it’s all about. His passing in his recent outings he’s had hasn’t been good enough. It’s a worry that the weakest part of our team is losing players. Not bribing in a RB and LB in time could scupper us. That’s what happens when you take three months to get players. Injuries are part and parcel of the game. Lawell’s failure to get us the players has us going in with players who aren’t first choice. The same thing happened last year with Hendry. Hopefully the outcome will be different. Failure to qualify will be an absolute self inflicted disaster that would require resignations of Lawell as a minimum. Won’t gapoen obviously and hopefully we don’t fuck up either,

I was impressed with him during his brief run in the team last year. In fact, I think we should've started him at Ibrox coming up to the turn of the year. But he has regressed since his injury and his spell out of the playing squad. I'd like to think he'd rise to the challenge posed by AIK. If he's our only option, so be it. Good luck to him. People slagging him online are, for me, just little wankers who can't comprehend that their hurting their own team by constantly slagging them. The treatment of young Jack Hendry by a small minority of our support was nothing short of despicable.

I was impressed with him during his brief run in the team last year. In fact, I think we should've started him at Ibrox coming up to the turn of the year. But he has regressed since his injury and his spell out of the playing squad. I'd like to think he'd rise to the challenge posed by AIK. If he's our only option, so be it. Good luck to him. People slagging him online are, for me, just little wankers who can't comprehend that their hurting their own team by constantly slagging them. The treatment of young Jack Hendry by a small minority of our support was nothing short of despicable.

I agree that supporters should have more patience and consideration for young players; they can't all be expected to become first team regulars right away. But the club is majorly at fault here too for consistently putting young players in high pressure situations through failure to sign enough experienced starting players. Youngsters should be given the chance to find their feet in games against weaker opposition while the experienced starters are rested.

I agree that supporters should have more patience and consideration for young players; they can't all be expected to become first team regulars right away. But the club is majorly at fault here too for consistently putting young players in high pressure situations through failure to sign enough experienced starting players. Youngsters should be given the chance to find their feet in games against weaker opposition while the experienced starters are rested.
Totally agree. Jack Hendry was being sought after by decent teams and we bought him. He had good potential but our much documented failures in last summer's transfer window meant he got dumped in various makeshift defence line-ups. He made a couple of howlers and his confidence was shot. Now it looks like he is a write-off and will need to leave us to stand a chance of recovering his career. If he had been managed better then he MAY well have fulfilled his potential with us and had a decent career at Parkhead, but I guess we'll never know now.

Well just need to give him a chance and see where it goes ?hh

Back