The Celtic wage structure

Winter

If as the scotsman (another rangers rag) are reporting is true that the rangers wage bill is now 70% of ours , do we think that knowing the cash we have stashed under PLs mattress we should break the structure for a couple of seasons? Much has been said of getting the right players in but if we are prepared to pay the going rate ( not suggesting spending 30 million on a player) then we will I believe get them. Once the 10 is secured we can return to our thrifty approach. Weve done this before with robbie Keanes 50k pwk although for half a season only and look at what benefits we reaped from that. This would blow them right out of the water and I'd love to see them try to keep up with the Celtic financial muscle if its flexed. They would of course try to and may not even be in existence come the 10 season. If ever we want to blow them away then a 2 season strategy like this would seem ideal. To me at least for one (granted I'm not holding my breath but it would be great to see and we deserve this much in return ) all my own opinion of course HH

I personally believe that we have the depth of quality in the squad to do it as we are especially compared with them but still some more marquee signings would go a long way to appeasing us at least. I get the impression the board think the same but it would be great to see the board give back to us with a 2 season sabbatical from our wage structure just to make sure that they cannot get closer and show them the difference between the clubs

It will never happen Winter,Lawwell has fought too hard to allow sevco back to where they are.
You only have to look at his statement from the AGM where he told shareholders who wanted to invoke RES 12 that he spoke to EUFA the morning of the AGM and he was told by EUFA that they were no longer interested in what happened in 2012 because it was a 5 year window they were working from and in this case [ RES 12 ] the 5 years had lapsed,,sevco no longer had anything to answer to..
This man believes there can be no SPL without a strong sevco,,lets hope he has not allowed them to become so strong that we end up playing second fiddle to them..

HH.

It will never happen Winter,Lawwell has fought too hard to allow sevco back to where they are.
You only have to look at his statement from the AGM where he told shareholders who wanted to invoke RES 12 that he spoke to EUFA the morning of the AGM and he was told by EUFA that they were no longer interested in what happened in 2012 because it was a 5 year window they were working from and in this case [ RES 12 ] the 5 years had lapsed,,sevco no longer had anything to answer to..
This man believes there can be no SPL without a strong sevco,,lets hope he has not allowed them to become so strong that we end up playing second fiddle to them..

HH.
Then perhaps he has done his job and time for him to move on either all the way on from the club or into another position as there are others who are already at the club who are more than capable of doing his job

HH.

Yes!

But what Mr Lawwell failed to mention was that the 5 year limitation does not apply when there is evidence of corruption at play.....and there is clear court evidence to hand that this is the case

Harry Brady on Celtic underground said he'd heard we were after a central defender, holding midfielder at least one, preferably two strikers and a left back.
Since the Christie injury we've also added a number 10 to the wants.
I assume that's Lennon's wish list.
If we want that many I don't see the wage structure being changed. Was surprised at the left back claim I must say.

I dont think Shamrock he will change the structure set in place for transfers..
What I am about to say might really piss you and some others off,but please believe me I am only giving credit where it is due..
As much as I dislike the arrogant basket,I cannot fault him on the job he has done at Celtic.
He has put us on a very steady footing as far as finances are concerned.
He was not hired to do anything other than stable the ship and he has done that very well.
Any time money is mentioned his accountancy skills kick in,sometimes we like it sometimes we dont John McGinn springs to mind..but so far he has not cost us any money,,or I should say,, any money to my knowledge..
How many negotiators do you think would have held out for £25,000,000 for KT..the reason he was able to do this was because we did not need to sell,,did he want to sell ??? without a doubt..
He got us a sell on fee of £7.5 million for Van Dyke,,£3.5 million for Wanyama,£9 million for the Liecester Serpent,and a possible £4 million for Moussa if and when he moves..
So for these reasons Shamrock I dont think we have a chance in hell of him changing anything..

HH.

What I am about to say might really piss you and some others off,but please believe me I am only giving credit where it is due..
As much as I dislike the arrogant basket,I cannot fault him on the job he has done at Celtic.
He was not hired to do anything other than stable the ship and he has done that very well.
Any time money is mentioned his accountancy skills kick in,sometimes we like it sometimes we dont John McGinn springs to mind..but so far he has not cost us any money,,or I should say,, any money to my knowledge..
How many negotiators do you think would have held out for £25,000,000 for KT..the reason he was able to do this was because we did not need to sell,,did he want to sell ??? without a doubt..
He got us a sell on fee of £7.5 million for Van Dyke,,£3.5 million for Wanyama,£9 million for the Liecester Serpent,and a possible £4 million for Moussa if and when he moves..
So for these reasons Shamrock I dont think we have a chance in hell of him changing anything..

HH.
Agree fully Green Sprig.

Doesn't matter how much we pay players if it legit and bogus Deadgers get to funnel dodgy money in without scrutiny or accountability.

If a player doesn't want to come be a millionaire at Celtic then offering extra multiples of millions will not make him any better player.

We must stick to accountable sustainable structure.

They are hemouraging millions every season trying to stay apace, and instead of proper journalistic scrutiny and condemnation for rash wasting of others money our press cheer with delight.

It killed them stone dead. They don't care. Its not sport for them. Its their right to win and never pay the bills of winning.

And its all to keep the hacks in nice houses with easy life and helping the fellow craft masters getting their dodgy incomes hidden in secret accounts.

You can't compete with a dead club with no fear of going bust. At end of day if they manage to win league with their weird system of laundry and scamming their own with confetti then so be it.

It will still be 54+1 (with asterisk on several of the 54 for non payment of their wins).

The kind of player who wants to play for Celtic would be loving our wages.

If they dont want play for millions coz its no enough then they really aren't that interested in football.

Harry Brady on Celtic underground said he'd heard we were after a central defender, holding midfielder at least one, preferably two strikers and a left back.
Since the Christie injury we've also added a number 10 to the wants.
I assume that's Lennon's wish list.
If we want that many I don't see the wage structure being changed. Was surprised at the left back claim I must say.
I think I would rather have 2 very good central midfielders and utilise McGregor or Ntcham in the number 10 slot of needed

I think I would rather have 2 very good central midfielders and utilise McGregor or Ntcham in the number 10 slot of needed
Happy New Year TET, hope you are grand.Totally agree. We have Rogic/Ntcham who can cover for calmac too in that 10 role. Whether it's Soro or Wanyama (please) I don't care but I want to see Calmac further forward if Christie is injured. I'd be happy to come out the transfer window with a holding midfielder and a striker who can cover Eddy. I'd be delighted with that. HH

Happy New Year TET, hope you are grand.Totally agree. We have Rogic/Ntcham who can cover for calmac too in that 10 role. Whether it's Soro or Wanyama (please) I don't care but I want to see Calmac further forward if Christie is injured. I'd be happy to come out the transfer window with a holding midfielder and a striker who can cover Eddy. I'd be delighted with that. HH
Happy New year

HH.
Dont think the bare truth would piss anyone off but it would be great , sensational even if for the reason of securing 10 he/they could align themselves with the fans and for 2 seasons go for it big time. As good a job hes done no one can deny we would like better though at this potentially historic moment records are tumbling but we all know the important one

Would that be the ever reliable Rogic?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back