The Deadly Duo.

Nick66

Watching the game today I was a lot more content. The way Eddie looked was a lot better, ( and I mean looked). He seemed a lot happier in his demeanour, it reflected in his play, much more fluid, movement and engagement and I do believe the difference is, his pal's back. The team are looking a bit more settled, not brilliant, but happier in the system and not far off "It", (whatever "it" is), but you know what I mean,. The Deadly Duo are back and the whole team like that. When you factor in the Tunbull/Soro introduction, Pingpong looking so much better in the 442 style (MOM performance), Greg aswell on left. All in all a good 3 points today, but it was the shape that let the "Deadly Duo" shine. Please feel free to use MY "Deadly Duo" term for Griff and Eddie. 🍀

Watching the game today I was a lot more content. The way Eddie looked was a lot better, ( and I mean looked). He seemed a lot happier in his demeanour, it reflected in his play, much more fluid, movement and engagement and I do believe the difference is, his pal's back. The team are looking a bit more settled, not brilliant, but happier in the system and not far off "It", (whatever "it" is), but you know what I mean,. The Deadly Duo are back and the whole team like that. When you factor in the Tunbull/Soro introduction, Pingpong looking so much better in the 442 style (MOM performance), Greg aswell on left. All in all a good 3 points today, but it was the shape that let the "Deadly Duo" shine. Please feel free to use MY "Deadly Duo" term for Griff and Eddie. 🍀
Eddy actually likes to come so deep it surprised me. He was often deeper than the midfielders (except Soro) which shows how ridiculous it is playing him as a lone striker! We have to play another striker up front in every game.

Last edited:
The main concern around eddy for me, is that we are finally starting to see his capabilities now, just as the transfer window is about to open

Eddy actually likes to come so deep it surprised me. He was often deeper than the midfielders (except Soro) which shows him ridiculous it is playing him as a lone striker! We have to play another striker up front in every game.
Agreed BB eddy does preform much better with a fellow striker, will never work out why as a partnership and working so well together did it take so long to get them reunited

Is oor 4-4-2 wi a midfield 'diamond' able to combat the scums 4-4-3 🍺 🍺
Good question MD, and think our current formation is set up perfect to slaughter them bastards.
I have always been a believer of the best form of defence is attack, and with 2 up top and Turnbull in a free role is not allowing teams to have as much time on the ball to play out from the back which we were allowing.
Also in possession it means the 2 CB will not feel as comfortable been in 1 on 1 situations with eddy and griff and with the support of Turnbull leaves any 2 cm on the back foot to combat that treath through the middle.
With calmac and Christie able to attack there full back's with lax and frimps forcing there 2 wide men back to help out or there full back will be totally overrun.
With soro cancelling out any ball trying to play into a CF shouldn't leave them to many options to try and play through our CB.
The key for our success will all depend on just how well we use the ball as giving up cheap possession will leave us wide open to the counter attack.
I also believe man for man we are still way better than them shower of shite, and we are also starting to see everyone work for one another which has been missing for so long this season.
We are still only improving on this new system and when it clicks next Saturday the wounds inflicted upon the scum could be that server that they may well not ever heal.
Get it right on the day and we will win handsomely
HH

I don’t see it working against them.

I’d go 4-3-2-1 against them.....match them like for like.....Griff up top.....Eddy dropping deeper.....Broonie anchoring the midfield.....match them and get right in their face.....keep their full backs pegged back and get at their centre half’s.....and make sure we don’t give away stupid free kicks around the box.....and hope everyone turns up 🍀🍀🍀

It's the best option Michael. Big shift for Calmac and whoever he chooses to go right-side because they'll both have to step outside quite a bit to check tavpen and borasic, but they should be getting pegged back by our own full-backs as well.

Soro covers a helluva lot of ground and my only major concern is the keeper and centre-halves. I'd play Ajer right-back and move Frimps into the right side of midfield if fitness allows it, but as long as we turn up and go toe-to-toe with them then I think we do some damage.

PLEASE JUST TURN FUCKING UP THOUGH CELTIC, NEVER LIE DOWN TO THAT MOB EVER AGAIN.

They showed a good understanding when playing together last season and you could see it again yesterday!The deadly duo must start agajnst the monkeys!

I also think we should sign Bonucci and Cheilini before the hun game because our central defence is honkin 😂Would be tempted to start Bitton in front of Duffy beside Jullien and play Ajer at RB.If Frimpong starts then he'll need to be much better against Barisack than last time!

I don’t see it working against them.

I’d go 4-3-2-1 against them.....match them like for like.....Griff up top.....Eddy dropping deeper.....Broonie anchoring the midfield.....match them and get right in their face.....keep their full backs pegged back and get at their centre half’s.....and make sure we don’t give away stupid free kicks around the box.....and hope everyone turns up 🍀🍀🍀
Naw regarding playing Broonie from the start. Look at our stats with Soro playing and compare that with Broonie playing. If we play side to side again we'll get humped.

I like the new formation as it gives us a bit more stability but would really like the wide men to stay wide and go wide early in the attacking move . Get in behind there full backs and let the deadly duo attack balls that is arriving in the box.
Obviously we'll have to check back inside with the ball at times but make that's our second option if the first option isn't developing as the ball carrier see it.
It's hard to defend balls coming in from the bye line across the box. HH.
🍀

Match then up 4 3 3 and Tavthecrowdshitebag and Barrasick aint leaving their post. cannot leave one on one
Goldston and Baligoon are bomb scares

I’d start with this team and bring on the pace of MJ and Frimpong and the guile of Rogic in the second half if and when needed.....Eddy would tear Tavernier a new one.....the energy of Turnbull and Soro would compliment the experience of Broonie.....Ajer would give us pace on the right.....I fear Frimpong would be targeted in the air and we need the extra height of Bitton at set pieces.....Laxalt for his bite and pace.....as long as he’s told not to give away free kicks around the box.....I think this team is tactically the way to go.....but let’s get 3 points against Dundee Utd first...

...................................Hazard...................................

Ajer................Julienne............Bitton......................Laxalt

Turnbull...................Brown.........................Soro

................McGregor..........................Eddy......................

......................................Griff..........................................

Arfield is fucked his glaass ankle went so if he hobbles on then the pace will see him removed quickly. Hagi is easy far too lightweight, Kamara is a panic backpass when rushed. Have to play to our strenghts we have seen this midfield and its not built to play they use a defensive mid with Kent recieving diagonal long ball punts from Goldson, shut Goldson down and he panicks there is not a footballer in him.
McGregor will not pass out if four is spilt with two attackers. C'mon Celtic we can see the frailties, Hibs had them rattled.

It was very pleasing to see our front 2 playing so well together. I particularly enjoyed Eddy's cheeky back heel for Griff to rattle home. Eddy definitely needs a partner up front. Griff looks sharper and leaner than he has all season. His fitness has improved too.
Start them both next Saturday.

I’d start with this team and bring on the pace of MJ and Frimpong and the guile of Rogic in the second half if and when needed.....Eddy would tear Tavernier a new one.....the energy of Turnbull and Soro would compliment the experience of Broonie.....Ajer would give us pace on the right.....I fear Frimpong would be targeted in the air and we need the extra height of Bitton at set pieces.....Laxalt for his bite and pace.....as long as he’s told not to give away free kicks around the box.....I think this team is tactically the way to go.....but let’s get 3 points against Dundee Utd first...

...................................Hazard...................................

Ajer................Julienne............Bitton......................Laxalt

Turnbull...................Brown.........................Soro

................McGregor..........................Eddy......................

......................................Griff..........................................
Think you may have to many players out of position there Imatim

. ...............Hazard......................

Ajer..............Duffy............Jullien................Laxalt

Brown..........Soro........McGregor

....................Turnbull......................Eddy......................

Members online

Latest posts

Back