The Departure Lounge

Bit of background info...
My mother died and her husband said he were putting down her dog 'Lady' a collie. There were bad blood between us and my offer of taking the dog spurred him more to put her a 5 year old healthy Shetland collie down. He were a bad person and I seen Karma at work with his sufferings later in life.
1986, did not know my ex hated dogs, so when an old 8+ year female Lab were going to be put down I took her in. Sadly I had to go China working for 3 months, when I returned 'Lady' were gone and I could never get the same answer twice. My ex is amazed when in 2007 during our legal separation I brought the loss of 'Lady' up.
Fast forward to my retirement in 2015 and meeting the girl who became my wife and best pal. Without her I could not take care all these dogs.
First arrivals 2 GSD's picked up wandering a market who stayed 2+weeks with us as the owners were found. My ex always told folk she never understood me. Yet these two Alsatians without knowing English knew exactly what I wanted to do. On their return I said next dogs that come here never leave, this their forever home.
So we were given overflow from vets dogs that owners never paid the vet fees, welcome to Magnum a Golden Retriever whose hips/pelvis and rear legs were all plated and pinned following a car hitting him, also a blind, crippled and brain damaged dog called 'Lucky' who is still with us, always near me when I am in the house. Took in 2 battle scarred ex Thai army GSD's, 5 starved, abused street dogs and at one time had 11 mutts running around.
Local Thai villagers said my workshop tools and motorbikes are safe, nobody would climb over the walls and face 6 Alsatians doing perimeter watch. Yet, all those Alsatians are now family pets and as soft as marshmallows, except never try attacking the wife and daughte, 'Kaiser' my huge male is super duper protective and well trained.
Thanks for reading, 37'c here and all hazy clouds.

You're a good man Tommy. All the best to you...

Members online

No members online now.

Back