The fans are the problem

CelticForever

We’ve let Lawell chronically underachieve for years; there’s even a thread on this site bumming him up FFS.
We’ve won 8 in a row because the Huns have either been shite or in a lower division.
Lawell looks good when you think we’ve won the treble3 but look at our domestic competition FFS!!!
He had the chance to put us out of site from the Ibrox mob but his lack of vision, investment and leadership have brought them back into the game with us. They spanked us last year and we’re in real danger of getting spanked again but I guarantee there’ll still be some bumming him up.
We need to hound the f*ckin charlatan out of our club and he can f*ckin take Lennon with him

''Hound him out '' - you will find a good measure of support for that idea - but how do you get rid of a successful ( in the business sphere ) CEO , who enjoys the solid and uncritical backing of the Board ?

Getting rid of PL is not the simple answer . He is doing what the Board wish him to do - our problem as fans is that I don't think the Board share our views .
For example - spending to put us out of sight of Sevco . There is an argument that , from a business point of view , that would be a bad idea as too many supporters may not buy into the Club if there was no clear 'threat' from Ibrokes . That , I fear , is the PL thinking . Just spend enough to keep us ever so slightly ahead , but don't do anything extreme ( like buying a proper defense ) that would kill the golden goose ( us ! ).

HH

The big up rhetoric about him is almost as laughable as it is ignorant and naïve but certainly not anywhere near as it is pitifully sad for Celtic fans and the club, because that rhetoric encourages the lack of analysis and discourages questions.

The typical one being he'd be paid even more elsewhere! and we should be grateful!

really? go actually read what the like of a credible self made guru Fergus McCann employed him on!
His salary has gone through the roof since Fergus left! he now takes from Celtic PLC personal earnings comparable to top six EPL Director money and it is based on no more credible special ness than the like of Fred Goodwin utter BS at RBS. looks great to many but if events outside of their supposed control don't fall right, it collapses!

These obscenely over paid driven accountants who don't actually produce anything but bits of paper are of the same cloth and never use their own money, promote themselves as business genius, so of course a fundamental is they promote to the ignorant their unquestionable supposed genius, just point to a bottom line but don't actually examine it!
not that dissimilar to how the serial bankrupt applicant Trump has somehow managed via nothing but rhetoric to promote himself as a business guru!

Personally have no issue with PL being employed, he has done a reasonable job, nothing special when the accounts are actually studied, the bottom line has ridden the waves largely on the demise of the deid club and player sales, events if you actually analyse you have to conclude he had little to actually do with or create.
He just approves or rejects other peoples skills, such as scouts & players but somehow takes main credit!
would not mind if he ever put his hand up to the many mess ups, not just McGinn.

Have serious issues with his salary which does not add up credibly! and even more concerns with his limited accountants mind that is clearly limiting the football club we love.

In summary Celtic PLC = everything everyone has a SPFL limit a ceiling except him on a top EPL type plan!

Fans need to find out how his Executive Long Term Incentive Plan (“ELTIP”) is structured?
https://celticnoise.com/threads/celtic-directors-bonus-plans.4633/

Because if he is in any way financially incentivised on a bottom line figure in any given period, the we have a potential conflict of interest!
Because he will effectively be incentivised to sell players when it may not suit the on field plan but suit and increase his personal bonus .

Last edited:
''Hound him out '' - you will find a good measure of support for that idea - but how do you get rid of a successful ( in the business sphere ) CEO , who enjoys the solid and uncritical backing of the Board ?

Getting rid of PL is not the simple answer . He is doing what the Board wish him to do - our problem as fans is that I don't think the Board share our views .
For example - spending to put us out of sight of Sevco . There is an argument that , from a business point of view , that would be a bad idea as too many supporters may not buy into the Club if there was no clear 'threat' from Ibrokes . That , I fear , is the PL thinking . Just spend enough to keep us ever so slightly ahead , but don't do anything extreme ( like buying a proper defense ) that would kill the golden goose ( us ! ).

HH
s
The rhetoric about him is almost as laughable as it is ignorant and naïve but certainly not anywhere near as it is pitifully sad for Celtic fans .

The typical one being he'd be paid even more elsewhere! and we should be grateful!

really? go actually read what the like of a credible self made guru Fergus McCann employed him on!
His salary has gone through the roof since Fergus left! he now takes from Celtic PLC personal earnings comparable to top six EPL Director money and it is based on no more credible special ness than the like of Fred Goodwin utter BS at RBS.

These obscenely over paid driven accountants who don't actually produce anything but bits of paper are of the same cloth and never use their own money, promote themselves as business genius, so of course a fundamental is they promote to the ignorant their supposed genius, like serial bankrupt applicant Trump has somehow managed via nothing but rhetoric!

Personally have no issue with him being employed, he has done a reasonable job, nothing special when the accounts are actually studied, the bottom line has ridden the waves largely on the demise of the deid club and player sales, events if you actually analyse you have to conclude he has had little to actually do with or create.
He just approves other peoples skills, such as scouts but somehow takes credit!
would not mind if he ever put his hand up to the many mess ups, not just McGinn.

Have serious issues with his salary which does not add up credibly! and even more concerns with his limited accountants mind that is clearly limiting the football club we love.

In summary Celtic PLC = everything everyone has a SPFL limit a ceiling but him on a top EPL type plan!

Need to find out his Executive Long Term Incentive Plan (“ELTIP”) is structured?
https://celticnoise.com/threads/celtic-directors-bonus-plans.4633/

Because if he is in any way financially incentivised on a bottom line figure in any given period, the we have a potential conflict of interest!
Because he will effectively be incentivised to sell players when it may not suit the on field plan but suit and increase his personal bonus .
You know what Jim, I don't give a toss about his salary. I've no energy left to worry about whether it's £2m or £3m. I'm just sick to death of the fact that he does everything on the cheap and patronises us every single year. If I had the charisma, time, contacts and money, I'd try to mobilise a revolt and take our club back. We are a f'cking football club not a revenue stream for shareholders. Sure, be frugal! Sure be responsible...but FFS get the money out of the bank and put it on the park

I don't want the man hounded out. I want his financial skills but I want him away from recruitment. I want him in a structure where his speciality is the finance and a DOF or technical director deals exclusively with the recruitment from youth to first team. Let Lennon coach and focus his efforts predominately on that. Like Jim Mc said I worry about conflicts of interest around personal financial gain with Lawwell seemingly in control of everything. It just concerns me.

s

You know what Jim, I don't give a toss about his salary. I've no energy left to worry about whether it's £2m or £3m. I'm just sick to death of the fact that he does everything on the cheap and patronises us every single year. If I had the charisma, time, contacts and money, I'd try to mobilise a revolt and take our club back. We are a f'cking football club not a revenue stream for shareholders. Sure, be frugal! Sure be responsible...but FFS get the money out of the bank and put it on the park

I give a feck what he takes out, when many Celtic fans struggle to pay to go watch their team and some need to go to foodbanks.
I accept the real world reality of perverse earnings of a few whilst others in the world starve, but I don't accept rhetoric and claims the man has personally somehow made Celtic thrive against the odds, as it just don't add up.

To those who assume it's all just great, PL is some genius! Go study our actual accounts, you will likely be shocked if not concerned at how fortunate we have got thanks to events that have little to nothing to do with PL. Without those events such as the sale of Dembele and many other players out of the club, the finances are a very different story.

Ok, So if we are a selling club! that means we are reliant on sales, on development of players for the bottom line! logic.
Question arises in that logical reality then, as to why would any supposed genius even consider approving so many cheap last minute uninspiring signings and loans? Or are some peoples memories that short of that recent windows reality? just the first question

Why would you sell in any windows but generally only take in loan players or cheap last minute signings? the Demebele window for example which PL received a 2.3 Million bonus a few months after.
think about that? and try make it add up logically in favour of Celtic on field!
I have worked for years with overpaid accountants in a global company, I have no doubt what so ever we will soon be able to hire another supposed special one if he gets upset at fair questions.
Nothing special going on, just decent accounts which do not add up to his earnings, especially so when he limits the on field earnings, the players we actually support and pay to see, not some set of accounts!

so the point is to those who imagine no questions need be asked? please show the actual accounts that PL personally created by his own deeds, that even suggest he is beyond the question of fans.

I have nothing personal against him, the special ness and salary and supposed cloth must fit all just does not add up when it comes to him that's all.

If he had of approved quality signings these past few windows and had it all clearly managed and Celtic on field improved, then no doubt questions would not even be listened to, but more people are wondering now about the supposed special accountant.
Celtic have not improved and he has allowed a down and out zombie club to even dream.
Not the work of any supposed genius, is it credibly now.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back