The Japanese connection

26+6=1

Having an already-established profile in Japan the potential of 4 Japanese household names in the starting 11 will mean huge Japanese interest in Celtic. This presents significant financial and cultural opportunities for the club. I've seen this in American baseball where Ichiro Suzuki was the first real Japanese superstar in the MLB and his team, the Seattle Mariners, added Japanese food to their concessions due to the influx of new Japanese and Japanese-American fans. While half-time sushi might not appear at CP any time soon I would expect to see the positive effects of our new signings in more areas than the field of play; the hotel project and hospitality for example as there will be people coming from Japan to Glasgow to don the hoops and cheer their countrymen.

Having an already-established profile in Japan the potential of 4 Japanese household names in the starting 11 will mean huge Japanese interest in Celtic. This presents significant financial and cultural opportunities for the club. I've seen this in American baseball where Ichiro Suzuki was the first real Japanese superstar in the MLB and his team, the Seattle Mariners, added Japanese food to their concessions due to the influx of new Japanese and Japanese-American fans. While half-time sushi might not appear at CP any time soon I would expect to see the positive effects of our new signings in more areas than the field of play; the hotel project and hospitality for example as there will be people coming from Japan to Glasgow to don the hoops and cheer their countrymen.
In effect 26+6=1 we are getting these Bhoys for free,they wont take a lot of marketing which means the fans will buy almost anything with their faces or names on it,great piece of business with both Ange and Nicholson..

HH

In a football world where marketing is looked upon as a huge potential money spinning opportunity then this is a masterstroke been played by the club.
Must admit I did think that the appointment of Ange was more about marketing than football but delighted to claim I was totally wrong yet again.
To get both potentially working together so well imo, will get the whole of European football getting up and taking notice of the famous Glasgow Celtic yet again,
Brilliant news
HH

Seen something on Twitter I think, mentioned that the scum were already racially abusing the new signings, anyone seen anything?
These boys coming in, apart from looking forward to seeing them in action, its gonna give Kyogo a real sense of family having some of his fellow Japanese at the club, I think they are gonna explode in this league, we might even see Kyogo even better….they aren’t like the French boys all sulky surrender monkeys.
Looking forward to it all kicking off again…I hope it does anyway 😳

Seen something on Twitter I think, mentioned that the scum were already racially abusing the new signings, anyone seen anything?
These boys coming in, apart from looking forward to seeing them in action, its gonna give Kyogo a real sense of family having some of his fellow Japanese at the club, I think they are gonna explode in this league, we might even see Kyogo even better….they aren’t like the French boys all sulky surrender monkeys.
Looking forward to it all kicking off again…I hope it does anyway 😳
Already did with the japanese lads being labelled as "monkey magic" yesterday as the celtic new forward line.
Only highlights the level of racist scum we have had to deal with for many a long year, now everyone and anyone slogan really stands for the shit it applies for, now everyone knows that now, especially in Asia.

Anyone heard anything about transfer fees for the new lads? Usually the papers are quick to announce fees, even if it's made up bullshit, but I haven't seen anything.
Don't know Hoopy but it's basin bargains stuff for the money involved.
I would go as far as to say we could be nearly one of the most potential profitable club outside of the big 5 leagues with the potential profit on players sales if that was to ever happen

Good for marketing
But as the late 7-30 said
"AYE BUT CAN THEY PLAY "
HH
Ange has had enough time to assess Scottish football now and can't have any concerns about them adjusting to the demands.
Kyogo was his sample product and look how well that has went so far?
Even tried to make him out to be a cheat, the most scandalous claim to make, but now has got real back up, so any such scandalous claims can only be classed as racist cause they can't handle the potential quality bought to Scottish football

Don't know Hoopy but it's basin bargains stuff for the money involved.
I would go as far as to say we could be nearly one of the most potential profitable club outside of the big 5 leagues with the potential profit on players sales if that was to ever happen
My brother told me the Maeda deal will be €2 million not bad for the leagues top scorer and for the 4 of them? pennies compared to buying projects from England win win ☘

Ange has had enough time to assess Scottish football now and can't have any concerns about them adjusting to the demands.
Kyogo was his sample product and look how well that has went so far?
Even tried to make him out to be a cheat, the most scandalous claim to make, but now has got real back up, so any such scandalous claims can only be classed as racist cause they can't handle the potential quality bought to Scottish football
The one thing we can all be sure of with the new bhoys coming in ,is that Ange sees them as players that will fit his system and philosophy of football .
IMO this is has got to be a positive .
After last season all we were hoping for was progression.
Hard to argue we have not seen it so far .
So buckle up for the run in ,its going to be a rollercoaster

Japanese love a pot noodle, they have vending machines that dispense them, we could add a few varieties of pot noodle to the concession menu for the anticipated influx of Japanese tourists….sorted👍

Members online

Back