The League

Shottsghirl

There are supporters on Facebook already saying the league is lost today ! Does anyone on here throw the towel in ? We played better today but again never took our chances or when we did fkd them up I don’t think we will lose the league but it’s gonnae be close Drop points at Easter Road tho and it’s us that’s fkd the title

I thought the new signings looked pretty decent from few bits I saw on stream. Still pretty bad result and left back issue should have been better addressed if im being honest. Cant say I like rodgers lack of creating shots on target. players are doing pretty well following his plan but it sucks when we are losing imo.

Players are good enough to get better results but plan is not suited to these players especially when midfield isnt on top form.

Kyogo hardly gets any chances in this system.

Miovski is good striker but im no sure he suited to rodgers system either tbh.

bad result.

There are supporters on Facebook already saying the league is lost today ! Does anyone on here throw the towel in ? We played better today but again never took our chances or when we did fkd them up I don’t think we will lose the league but it’s gonnae be close Drop points at Easter Road tho and it’s us that’s fkd the title
Sorry T but we've been going downhill for quite a while now and as a realist I don'y buy into the 'we didn't take our chances' argument. There were players on the pitch today that we know were nearly out the door, players that never should be on the first teamsheet and players that we don't have cover for.

This could all have been rectified if we had went out and actively bought what we needed. Who isn't doing their job properly?

Don't even start me on BR. Our game has went to shit since his arrival as he has been living off 2 wins against the huns.

I stated at the beginning of the season that it would require more from a BR side to win the league this season and he's proving me right. Unless things change, we have lost the league.

Sorry T but we've been going downhill for quite a while now and as a realist I don'y buy into the 'we didn't take our chances' argument. There were players on the pitch today that we know were nearly out the door, players that never should be on the first teamsheet and players that we don't have cover for.

This could all have been rectified if we had went out and actively bought what we needed. Who isn't doing their job properly?

Don't even start me on BR. Our game has went to shit since his arrival as he has been living off 2 wins against the huns.

I stated at the beginning of the season that it would require more from a BR side to win the league this season and he's proving me right. Unless things change, we have lost the league.
I suspect that even if we had bought a left back the tactics would have been pretty much same.

With those same players we had on park today I think ange system would have created more chances. I think Aberdeen should have scored another goal in that game. And although we dominated possession I didnt think we looked like actually scoring a second.

tactics were not good for that set oof players. And if board wanted Rodgers and his style they really should have signed players who fit his system rather than trying to fit ange system players into his system.

your right. I think we will struggle to win league unless something changes. either the players get better at the system to create and score or he plays a system that better suits talents of the players he puts on park.

Either way bad day. Midfield today was not so great despite the players in our midfield being grades above aberdeen midfield.. left back was poor again. whole defence looked spooked too often.

The big giant striker looked like a good target man but we dont play high crosses so why was he bought? Probably why he doesnt get many goals if he not being used as a battering ram by his managers. he had good feet for big guy. but where was the crosses to his head?

We will win the league but need to be better upfront because at the back we are one lob over the defence and any team is in. If I were an Aberdeen fan i would be raging at the first half, hate seen teams just sit in run down the clock and hope a break comes and thats what happened today, 10 men behind the ball is shite, but they are not in a position to negotiate what games they get points from as it is that time of the season, players do not want to go down.
Another few days of waiting to see how players react.

Thrown it away Shammy It’ll need to take something better than the days play to let us win this league And the Huns are winning 3-0
Couldn’t make this shit up
All those points ahead and soon if the play doesn’t get any better we WILL be playing catch up !! It’s getting worse the 10 season

Absolutely not. We've got a tiny bit of credit in the bank, but not a lot. On any other day a point in sheepland wouldn't be the end of the world.

We'll see what the team and the manager are made of. It's not blind faith (I hope) but bring it on! They already think they've won the league on Follow Follow - hubris I hope!

People shouldn’t feel afraid to say what they think on here!!I’ve read since the game finished today noisers doing backflips On things they felt in there heart of hearts about the league’s destination only to backtrack???….folks you can say wit the fuck u want and you can change it whenever you want🤷‍♂️ma thots are we had a 12-15 point advantage over our nearest rivals and have fucked it up big style,,leagues gone!!!doesn’t mean a wont be screaming the bhoys on…also brendan it’s time to fucking kick this faffing around with goalie and defenders passing nonsense!!it doesn’t work with any team in European football you gain fuckall bar pressure!!hump it long ….

The big giant striker looked like a good target man but we dont play high crosses so why was he boug
Hes on loan. Sorry to be pedantic. But i agree, he's got promise and showed a couple of good flicks and footwork so at least there is promise there. I still refuse to believe another draw or even defeat means we've lost this. Theres 2 more games against them, and we'll win at least one of them, possibly 2. KTF. HH.

Hes on loan. Sorry to be pedantic. But i agree, he's got promise and showed a couple of good flicks and footwork so at least there is promise there. I still refuse to believe another draw or even defeat means we've lost this. Theres 2 more games against them, and we'll win at least one of them, possibly 2. KTF. HH.
I think we have strong enough squad. I would certainly have liked a powerful dynamic leftback who can better secure the left defence position than bernabei and at very least challenge taylor more often when he available.

I wont be throwing in towel. Aberdeen away draw should be decent result normally.

We create chances for midfield in this system but not enough for our best strikers. if Matt has off game with shooting boots we tend to struggle to win.

Its not a good system for Kyogo style and since he is our best striker we should be trying to get him shooting chances more often.

Passing and possession domination tires out opposition if they get stretched. But if they low block and we dont score early we tend to get more tired than low block side meaning we dont create much second half as oppostion start to try and create chances against our often out of position players.

if accuracy of passing is not precise you also dont tire out opposition imo. And thats what i think we see with rodgers system.

He is actually handing opposition good chances of draw by playing pssing priority against low low block.

Our pssing accuracy isnt high enough to pull off the tika taka system.

Its might look nice when it works but when its not getting chances for best strikers its gonna drop lot of points that even long ball punting would not imo.

if you play a system that creates no synergy then the sum of the parts can sometimes be less than individual quality added together.

to create synergy with rodgers sytem you need almost 100 percent accuracy passing at high speed straight to bloke and bump ball is accurately straight to next guy and repeat till you tire out opps. but if passing is not 100 perent you just get dross. no tiring out defences. no creating chances and lots of tired legs trying to connect with the less than perfect pass.

it works if you have top top grade players in every position.

in scotland its a stupid system.

when it works it looks great
but just slight dip in accuracy and speed of passing and you risk dropping points that should have been won.

dropping points causes anxiety in fans and therefore players which increases risks passing accuracy will dip under more stress.

he needs to find a better plan with our good enough players.

Members online

Back