the main stand

seven past niven

its no secret that i have made my views clear before with regard to the need to extend or replace the main stand. there are obvious concerns with the shelf life over 50 years which has to be addressed soon. the fact that it also makes the stadium look lopsided is an obvious factor. but now we are being trolled by away fans , particularly the huns, but also other teams with regards to the restricted views within it a club of celtics stature should not be in this position and rather than the project at barrowfield , this issue should have been fixed long ago.

I understand it would cost £100m to redevelop, I'd rather see investment in the team. Don't care what huns say.
The £100m figure stems entirely from a throwaway line from PL as he condescendingly dismissed the suggestion. I am not convinced that he didn't just pluck this number out of his arse, as it seems extraordinarily high.

I think few of us care what other fans say about us - especially those who play in a mock-Tudor cludgie - and would prefer investment on the pitch.

But, there will be a day in the near future when the stand will become a safety concern and will have to be replaced, as the materials are getting beyond their safe working life. The costs will only go up and it is more years with no return from additional supporters from the ST waiting list. Of course, by burying our head in the sandthis delays the investment necessary until it is the responsibility of future board members, so the current administrators don't miss out on financial performance related bonuses!

Rather than just making a new main stand the same as the rest we could even have a larger main stand.

I did the stadium tour last summer and frankly the Main Stand and changing facilities are terrible and not worthy of a club of our stature. We could increase the cspacity, improve the facilities, include room for team buses to get in and other things required to gain a UEFA 5 Star rating to be able to host tournament finals.

Maybe by going for a more luxurious adventurous Upgrade then maybe that would be more aligned with a £100m cost. The frontage is protected and would need to be incorporated into the design of the new stand too. At least there is plenty space to make this development.

This is an example of an extended new stand I saw and shared in the summer.

FB_IMG_1692378909513.jpg
FB_IMG_1692378903873.jpgFB_IMG_1692378906862.jpg

The £100m figure stems entirely from a throwaway line from PL as he condescendingly dismissed the suggestion. I am not convinced that he didn't just pluck this number out of his arse, as it seems extraordinarily high.

I think few of us care what other fans say about us - especially those who play in a mock-Tudor cludgie - and would prefer investment on the pitch.

But, there will be a day in the near future when the stand will become a safety concern and will have to be replaced, as the materials are getting beyond their safe working life. The costs will only go up and it is more years with no return from additional supporters from the ST waiting list. Of course, by burying our head in the sandthis delays the investment necessary until it is the responsibility of future board members, so the current administrators don't miss out on financial performance related bonuses!

Rather than just making a new main stand the same as the rest we could even have a larger main stand.

I did the stadium tour last summer and frankly the Main Stand and changing facilities are terrible and not worthy of a club of our stature. We could increase the cspacity, improve the facilities, include room for team buses to get in and other things required to gain a UEFA 5 Star rating to be able to host tournament finals.

Maybe by going for a more luxurious adventurous Upgrade then maybe that would be more aligned with a £100m cost. The frontage is protected and would need to be incorporated into the design of the new stand too. At least there is plenty space to make this development.

View attachment 24206
View attachment 24207View attachment 24208
If we do that Shirley we name the stand after Caeser or the Bunnet and really the bunnet’s the man who built the rest of the stadium as he promised he would. It would be fitting

HH👏

If we do that Shirley we name the stand after Caeser or the Bunnet and really the bunnet’s the man who built the rest of the stadium as he promised he would. It would be fitting

HH👏
I'd rename the North Stand in honour of Fergus, as he built it. The main stand I name after King Billy or Willie Maley and the ground in honour of Willie Maley or Brother Walfrid.

View attachment 24206
View attachment 24207View attachment 24208
We’ll either way we’re more than halfway to the magic number
What else is there to spend a hundred million, it’s not going on quality players

We’ll either way we’re more than halfway to the magic number
What else is there to spend a hundred million, it’s not going on quality players
Exactly. And I'm confident we could raise a lot of money selling the naming right to a large corporation (Japanese?) to finance it, as happens with sporting stadia around the world.

But instead we'd rather hoard tens of £millions in the bank.

Given that it was dismissed as 'not a priority' not long ago I'm not holding my breath on this happening any time soon, not this decade any way.
I'd like to think that if I don't see it in my lifetime that my bhoy will.
Celtic deserves a stadium like the one Bridie posted.
It might take some change in the footballing landscape for it to happen or safety issues but one day it will have to happen.
Hopefully the powers that be come that time do as good a job as Fergus did.

Back