The Manipulation of VAR?

Imatim

Has VAR footage been doctored to the advantage of Sevco? This video is suggesting it has. Not one supporter of the dark side in the video is shouting for a penalty. The referee who is close to the action books the player for simulation.

VAR then gets involved and produces video evidence to the referee and based on the video provided to him overturns his original decision and awards a penalty.

If the video in the link below is accurate, it strongly suggests there very well may have been creative editing at play. And we all know what that means.

We need to call for this to be transparently and forensically examined immediately in my view and I hope yours. The integrity of the game and certain officials could very well be on the line here.

Has VAR footage been doctored to the advantage of Sevco? This video is suggesting it has. Not one supporter of the dark side in the video is shouting for a penalty. The referee who is close to the action books the player for simulation.

VAR then gets involved and produces video evidence to the referee and based on the video provided to him overturns his original decision and awards a penalty.

If the video in the link below is accurate, it strongly suggests there very well may have been creative editing at play. And we all know what that means.

We need to call for this to be transparently and forensically examined immediately in my view and I hope yours. The integrity of the game and certain officials could very well be on the line here.

Last week, we had fat bastard Boyd telling us Kyogo was on his way down (he wasnt) before there was contact. That's why the penalty wasn't given. Here, we have AJ winning the ball and falling backwards. The diving bastard, who had been at it all game, then falls towards AJs leg.
AJ won the ball. Silva dived. Beaton saw what he saw and took the correct course of action. The Sevco youth coach on VAR then spoke to the known Sevco fan through his earpiece and gave him a clip of a video that allowed both of them to award Sevco a penalty. Its cheating. I'm amazed there are still Celtic fans who don't think so.
The stats are out there for everyone to see.
The same Celtic fans who still think the refs are just a wee bit shite, I'd imagine, also believe that Dallas didn't have a problem with Celtic, just cause he called Catholics peados.....or that Rev McCurry wasn't an orange bastard cause he got his congregation to sing simply the best.

Literally no one thought that was a penalty yesterday (even serial cheat Silva, despite his over-the-top Oscar worthy histrionics). Then the person whose day job involves teaching sevco youth players so his chance to get them back into the game. Even as he was showing the VAR replays to known sevco fan Beaton I was posting on here questioning why he was deliberately playing it on a loop AFTER AJ had clearly won the ball.

Even then, that clip clearly showed Silva diving before he contacted AJ's leg. Finally Beaton saw another angle that showed AJ won the ball and any contact caused by Silva diving into him was incidental contact expected during the course of them game (see last week's LRA's excuses when Kyogo was denied a stonewall penalty). Beaton saw this footage twice but immediately turned away as he knew he could then not award the Tavpen.

Interestingly, every report of the game on the national news makes no mention of it being controversial and they also chose an angle that makes it most look like a penalty, which is the opposite stance they usually take as they know stirring up controversy increases viewing figures and website clicks. I think we all know how this would have been reported if this happened at the other end!

We also know that Beaton would not have waited until a Celtic player's third blatant dive in the box trying to con an undeserved penalty before gleefully brandishing his yellow card!

I am fed up reading that Silva conned Beaton, VAR intervened and got him of the hook.
Silva should have been booked prior to that incident Beaton
constantly ignored his antics and allowed him to cheat.
It suited him to award the penalty, the hunnies were on the ropes until them.
He was quick out the traps to card Celtic at every opportunity.
It s curruption in plain sight.

Last edited:
Literally no one thought that was a penalty yesterday (even serial cheat Silva, despite his over-the-top Oscar worthy histrionics). Then the person whose day job involves teaching sevco youth players so his chance to get them back into the game. Even as he was showing the VAR replays to known sevco fan Beaton I was posting on here questioning why he was deliberately playing it on a loop AFTER AJ had clearly won the ball.

Even then, that clip clearly showed Silva diving before he contacted AJ's leg. Finally Beaton saw another angle that showed AJ won the ball and any contact caused by Silva diving into him was incidental contact expected during the course of them game (see last week's LRA's excuses when Kyogo was denied a stonewall penalty). Beaton saw this footage twice but immediately turned away as he knew he could then not award the Tavpen.

Interestingly, every report of the game on the national news makes no mention of it being controversial and they also chose an angle that makes it most look like a penalty, which is the opposite stance they usually take as they know stirring up controversy increases viewing figures and website clicks. I think we all know how this would have been reported if this happened at the other end!

We also know that Beaton would not have waited until a Celtic player's third blatant dive in the box trying to con an undeserved penalty before gleefully brandishing his yellow card!
I thought the introduction of VAR was to show the incident that was meant to prove no incident occurred. The incident that shows an opponent already diving before contact is the evidence on no incident; anything after is irrelevant as Beaton saw this first and awarded a yellow. Anything else is irrelevant.
That is why he pulled play back after the goal he disallowed for an incident in play that occurred before the disallowing of a goal. VAR is the forensic test, not in Scotland it is not. So what Beaton saw first should have been the decision regarding Silvia and the booking.

Can anyone say that the ref made a clear and obvious error when he booked the Diver... Isnt that why VAR was introduced and not to be subjective as it was at that incident.. He had seen what happened and booked the player...

When Dessers goal was chopped, there was a clear and obvious error same as Conner Elbows at our penalty... Both missed by the ref, so VAR was used correctly here... But subsequently used as a subjective tool at the dive.. Have they changed that rule??

Can anyone say that the ref made a clear and obvious error when he booked the Diver... Isnt that why VAR was introduced and not to be subjective as it was at that incident.. He had seen what happened and booked the player...

When Dessers goal was chopped, there was a clear and obvious error same as Conner Elbows at our penalty... Both missed by the ref, so VAR was used correctly here... But subsequently used as a subjective tool at the dive.. Have they changed that rule??

Only when I suits them.

If the video replay of the incident shown to Beaton didn’t show AJ getting a touch of the ball then Walsh is either incompetent or has manipulated matters to suit an agenda…..if he did show Beaton the footage of AJ getting a touch on the ball then Beaton is either incompetent or a blatant cheat with an agenda.

Either way one of them has to go.

As Walsh was the one who initiated the VAR check it would be reasonable to suggest that he felt that Beaton’s original decision to book Silva and not award a penalty needed to be looked at and overturned.

That would then suggest to any reasonably minded person that Walsh was the one who was advocating that Beaton got his original decision wrong otherwise he wouldn’t have initiated a VAR review of the incident in the first place, right?

So, Walsh was the one who had all the video evidence at his disposal and that video evidence clearly shows that AJ played the ball and Silva took a dive, which is supported by the footage of the Sevco support who to a man didn’t appeal for a penalty as they clearly knew what had just happened and that their man Silva had taken a dive.

All the available evidence then would strongly suggest that for Beaton to change his initial decision to then award a penalty to Sevco and rescind the yellow card he gave to Silva, then he must have been shown conclusive evidence that he got it all wrong even though he was only metres away from the incident in question.

It is an undeniable fact that AJ got a touch of the ball and that Silva was guilty of simulation as the video evidence available to us all has clearly shown.

So what was Beaton shown, or not shown, by VAR that convinced him to change his original correct decision?

It’s strongly looking like Walsh very well may have failed to show all the available video footage of the incident.

It’s therefore now a simple matter of Celtic demanding to have made available what video and also audio evidence Walsh decided to relay to Beaton that initiated the VAR review. That will tell the tale.

And something tells me that for Celtic to have taken a stand here they already have evidence at their disposal which answers the questions we are all seeking…

From CQN

This is on the money from Paul Brennan…

If it is established that Sunday’s referee, John Beaton, was not shown the camera angle of Alistair Johnston getting a touch on the ball before contact was made with Meryl Streep-Silva, the SFA’s entire VAR system should be wiped out and a fresh start made.

Beaton awarded a penalty, which brought the home club back into the game and ultimately earned them a point. A penalty can be awarded if “the defending player gets the ball first and the officials deem the tackle to be careless, reckless or has excess force.” None of these conditions were met.

We’ll await to see what the SFA say, but if VAR is withholding crucial video from the referee, sack every one of them without delay.

From CQN

This is on the money from Paul Brennan…

If it is established that Sunday’s referee, John Beaton, was not shown the camera angle of Alistair Johnston getting a touch on the ball before contact was made with Meryl Streep-Silva, the SFA’s entire VAR system should be wiped out and a fresh start made.

Beaton awarded a penalty, which brought the home club back into the game and ultimately earned them a point. A penalty can be awarded if “the defending player gets the ball first and the officials deem the tackle to be careless, reckless or has excess force.” None of these conditions were met.

We’ll await to see what the SFA say, but if VAR is withholding crucial video from the referee, sack every one of them without delay.
The SFA spokesman said "it was an honest mistake by two honest loyal MIBs. God save the King. We are the peeeeeeeeepppuuuuuuuullllll!"

Back