The Metal appreciation thread

A wee ballad from Blackie Lawless, one of the finest and most soulful vocalists in Rock music.

I'm not a fan of metal in terms of musicality, but what I do admire is the storytelling and epic lyrics.

There's not a lot of substance in fizzy pop, but some of the dystopian, apocalyptic lyrics in metal would make a great screenplay for a nerve-shredding movie.

A mad blend of history, science-fiction and the supernatural, just such a shame that the music itself makes my eyes, ears and nose bleed.

The only heavy metalerrs I listen to are Motörhead and Hawkwind (Lemmy was in both).
This is my favourite Hawkwind track, Living on a Knife Edge. Written in 1981 and on the album Sonic Attack. The lyrics are a fairly accurate assessment about where technology and surveillance will lead us.

Met Lemmy in 1979 when Motorhead played Paisley College ,my mate Graham was a cub reporter? for NME and used to get loads of tickets to see bands and write a wee report and if possible interview the band ,we went back stage and Lemmy asked if we'd like a Jack Daniel's "Oh yes please" thinking we'd get a glass , and gave us a bottle each ,Lemmy "you'll have to arse the bottle before you get the interview 🤢don't know if G got the interview , I lost a week🤣🤣🤣

Back