The monkey off our backs

BILLCOWIE1958

Finally, 3 points at The Tony Macaroni, Almondvale or whatever other name they want ro cry it.
I'm sure the HUNS would have been expecting, well hoping at least for a slip up from us, and Calmac's pen. miss would surely have got the adrenelin coursing through their bodies as opposed to expletives cursing from their gubs at the full time whistle, to be fair, much like they were spewing from mine when Roofe scored an unlikely winner yesterday with 9 minutes remaining
Give Livingston their due, they know how to set up a team to frustrate better teams, but say what you like, that shocker of a pitch is the biggest leveller of them all.
The advantage for a team who plays every other game on it, as opposed to teams who play on it only a couple of times a season is incalcuable.
Being used to how the ball runs, how it bounces ect can only favour the chances of the home team producing a result.
Not to mention the injury factor, studs getting caught in the fabric, the hardness of the surface when someone falls on it.
The chances are Celtic might need to play on it again this season, but we'll need ro see what the after split fixture list produces, but I'm sure that Livingston will be in the mix of the top six, but that is for another day
HH🍀

Indeed. That's exactly how I put it in another thread. It sounds daft but footballers are just as daft about these things as we are, I've spent 60 quid on the all green top but I'm feart to wear it watching a game in case we lose and I can never wear it again while watching a game. I know, intellectually, that this is stupid but here we are! Haha, I'm gonna need committing afore long...

Finally, 3 points at The Tony Macaroni, Almondvale or whatever other name they want ro cry it.
I'm sure the HUNS would have been expecting, well hoping at least for a slip up from us, and Calmac's pen. miss would surely have got the adrenelin coursing through their bodies as opposed to expletives cursing from their gubs at the full time whistle, to be fair, much like they were spewing from mine when Roofe scored an unlikely winner yesterday with 9 minutes remaining
Give Livingston their due, they know how to set up a team to frustrate better teams, but say what you like, that shocker of a pitch is the biggest leveller of them all.
The advantage for a team who plays every other game on it, as opposed to teams who play on it only a couple of times a season is incalcuable.
Being used to how the ball runs, how it bounces ect can only favour the chances of the home team producing a result.
Not to mention the injury factor, studs getting caught in the fabric, the hardness of the surface when someone falls on it.
The chances are Celtic might need to play on it again this season, but we'll need ro see what the after split fixture list produces, but I'm sure that Livingston will be in the mix of the top six, but that is for another day
HH🍀
Great points as usual Bill, and can be very easy to overlook how the physiological factor can have such an impact within the game these days.
An unwanted record, shite pitch, big horrible physical team, negative footballing manager, dodgy mib, and so many hoping to see us drop points etc etc, and to overcome all such factors with plenty to spare still, was a fantastic achievement by all concerned today from Celtic.
Even had a few early doors, that hadn't played that nonsense of a pitch before, and showed up in starfelt with the speed and bounce of the ball, and got caught out on a couple of occasions, but instead of that effecting him he settled into the game to turn in a fine performance.
Even Bitton against bodo, looked totally muck on there plastic pitch, so was very surprised to see him start today, but what a brilliant decision to do so, as another who had a great game also, even if his defensive duties from set plays could still be improved somewhat.
Showed a fabulous attitude towards this game and one, as a team we don't want to lose either for the remainder of the season still.

A just seen sport Scene??holy fuck how much pain are these shortbread bastards going threw!!by their reckoning livi musta won one nil??the scrutiny they do on anything we get is fuckin embarrassing,nothing said aboot the concil Astro turf fuckin disgrace of a pitch or them stealing 15mtrs at the throw in they scored from......thank fuck a don’t pay a licence fee.....3 ex huns talkin aboot celtic??sums it up reall 🤷‍♂️☘️

A just seen sport Scene??holy fuck how much pain are these shortbread bastards going threw!!by their reckoning livi musta won one nil??the scrutiny they do on anything we get is fuckin embarrassing,nothing said aboot the concil Astro turf fuckin disgrace of a pitch or them stealing 15mtrs at the throw in they scored from......thank fuck a don’t pay a licence fee.....3 ex huns talkin aboot celtic??sums it up reall 🤷‍♂️☘️
nothing said about another offside goal to win 1 nil at ibrox

They never do mate!!a sometimes Prefer we win way contentious desicions,makes it sweeter,,
no they highlight missdemeanour actual mistakes (coz if ref saw it he woulda chopped it off for us)

to cover their actual blatant cheating with limited reply angles on every single offside goal they be handed this season

its a scandal

they know that if the msm hype up actual mistakes missed and cover over real cheating they can pass it off as bad refereeing

but its rigged msm coverage coz its blatantly biased
and the sfa is rigged coz its blatantly biased for masonic handshakes
and the referees and referre selection processes are blatantly biased with no demand for enquiry into selection process for any of the 3 masonic cult selections

not only did masonic hand pretend to resurrect the real rangers
they actually have the gall to claim its biased against them

hilarious

id prefer it was a fair system rather than mock actual missed mistakes

turns out their offside goal once again was pivotal in 3 points undeserved

nothing said about another offside goal to win 1 nil at ibrox
I normally watch sport scene on I player to see the other games but nowadays it’s a fucking hunfest I won’t endure

Thompson ex hun presenting
Guests normally come from

Rick the dick foster ex hun
Kenny Miller ex communicated
Neil McCann ex communicated
Derek mcinnes ex hun
Sometimes McFadden and
Sometimes that fucking ghastly munter that looks like the priest out the old poltergeist movies whatever her fucking name is who happens to be on hun tv every other week

Rant over

I normally watch sport scene on I player to see the other games but nowadays it’s a fucking hunfest I won’t endure

Thompson ex hun presenting
Guests normally come from

Rick the dick foster ex hun
Kenny Miller ex communicated
Neil McCann ex communicated
Derek mcinnes ex hun
Sometimes McFadden and
Sometimes that fucking ghastly munter that looks like the priest out the old poltergeist movies whatever her fucking name is who happens to be on hun tv every other week

Rant over
the commentary team in europe is ott as well both radio and tv

the ecstatic huffs and puffs for sevco
the clear dissapointment when celtic score

its human they cant hide their bias in the moment on radio or tv but claim they are impartial

the markedly high pitched tones when sevco have the ball in opps half

HH🍀
We pasta the hoodoo today.

Dont remember such a close battle for the top 6 before . That's down to both Celtic and zombie fc dropping as many points in a season as we would in 3 or 4 normally. 10th place Aberdeen ( shocking ) but can still make the top half of the split. Fkn split hate that shite anyway

the commentary team in europe is ott as well both radio and tv

the ecstatic huffs and puffs for sevco
the clear dissapointment when celtic score

its human they cant hide their bias in the moment on radio or tv but claim they are impartial

the markedly high pitched tones when sevco have the ball in opps half
I dint listen to the bbc radio much anymore for same reasons
I didn’t mind their podcasts but now they are only on match days and if I can watch/listen to anything else I do
My pal tells me the sheep 🐑 that presents acts like a wee lad whose voice is braking when the huns are on

they’ve the radio sown up, the highlights programme is infested and we know find well about the ‘dick’that runs sky

they’re controlling the narrative surrounding the fitba

Dont remember such a close battle for the top 6 before . That's down to both Celtic and zombie fc dropping as many points in a season as we would in 3 or 4 normally. 10th place Aberdeen ( shocking ) but can still make the top half of the split. Fkn split hate that shite anyway
In term's of the league for 7 team's now, there campaign is down to 3 games now winter.
Usually there can be so many meaningless games within the SPFL, at this stage of the season, but not this year, which is great to see imo.
Seems with a realistic chance for so many club's to actually gain European football for themselves has been a great incentive and produced a much better league overall, and great to see also.
The next step is for some of these club's to actually qualify for group stage European football, in the hope it may also help to improve the overall standards of Scottish football and not be so influenced by mib interference and bias decision making.

Three more league games then the split and 5 games after that. 2 of the 8 games are against the Rangers. If we win the game at Ibrox then we are within touching distance. The league does not want our game at Celtic park to be a league decider. That's been stated. So if we win our two derby games assuming we do not drop points then the derby game at Celtic Park will have to be in week 1 or 2 of the split because then we would be 9 points clear and needing to badly lose our last three games each by about 4 goals. The league could be virtually won in just 5 more matches

Last edited:
Three more league games then the split and 5 games after that. 2 of the 8 games are against the Rangers. If we win the game at Ibrox then we are within touching distance. The league does not want our game at Celtic park to be a league decider. That's been stated. So if we win our two derby games assuming we do not drop points then the derby game at Celtic Park will have to be in week 1 or 2 of the split because then we would be 9 points clear and needing to badly lose our last three games each by about 4 goals. The league could be virtually won in just 5 more matches
one game at a time

just win the next game and repeat till its won

In term's of the league for 7 team's now, there campaign is down to 3 games now winter.
Usually there can be so many meaningless games within the SPFL, at this stage of the season, but not this year, which is great to see imo.
Seems with a realistic chance for so many club's to actually gain European football for themselves has been a great incentive and produced a much better league overall, and great to see also.
The next step is for some of these club's to actually qualify for group stage European football, in the hope it may also help to improve the overall standards of Scottish football and not be so influenced by mib interference and bias decision making.
Aye defo mhate it's made for an exciting ending to an exciting rollercoaster season.
A season where theres been so many surprises and normally the final couple of places and the relegation zone are all that's left to play for ( title aside obviously) but with 8 games remaining the only certainties are that Hearts will finish 3rd with St Johnstone and Dundee battling it out between themselves for who will automatically be relegated and who will face the play offs.
Post split will be tough games but as Ange said post match the team are in great shape and we benefit from no midweek game for the first time in a long time.
5 points separating 4th placed Hibs to 10th placed Aberdeen and only Motherwell -13 and St Mirren - 14 have a negative goal difference in the double figures.
I've said a few times this season that I dont recall one that's been so competitive.
It must surely make our top flight the closest in Europe ( I guestimate) .
Add to all that the incredible swing of points in our favour since January , sevco still in the last 16 of the Europa league and it makes a mockery of those who call it a pub league. Pub teams dont get automatic entry to the champions league.
The only other division off the top of my head as competitive as ours is now would be the Championship in England but thats not a top flight division yet it does have the biggest financial prize in world football on offer in the play off final at Wembley. Worth more than lifting the champions league how ironic and ludicrous is that?
Winning this title for me will be up there amongst the greatest titles I've ever seen us win. Just because of the hurdles and obstacles weve had to negotiate, it seems so long ago that defeat at tynecastle on day 1 and the defeat at ibrokes too , neither game did we deserve to lose. I certainly didn't see the recovery and turnaround weve had coming back then.
Still taking 1 game at a time though , cant afford not to.
I'd go back to Ralstons 97th minute winner against Ross County that kept us from going something like 8pts behind as the moment I truly believed this is possible.
Still a long way to go of course these 8 games are all cup finals but I saw the return of our rhythm against St Mirren start to re-emerge then watching the game today again for the second time we were brilliant, movement was devastatingly fast and superb to watch a Celtic side like that again.
So many super performances all over the park.
Time to strap in and buckle up this is going to be one hell of a run in , I wont mind them going one more round in Europe if they keep dropping points on returning to domestic duty .
Here we go HH COYBIG 🍀

We have to hand it to Eddie Howe the mans become a Celtic legend after turning down the managerial job 🤣🤣🤣.
Hes won something like 5 of his last 6 or unbeaten in 5 of last 6 Newcastle games and taken them out of the relegation zone and in doing so has also become a newcastle legend 🙄 .
I'm certain Howe-ver that we would not be in the position we are had he taken over.
No Japanese players for a start .
Hed be in hiding in glesga and although I dont blame him for being feart of the job here ( your home being petrol bombed with your family inside can do that) I do blame him for taking so long to say no.
One of the reasons why Ange inherited an all for sale side.
Both he and Ange come across as gently spoken, respectful and loadsa manners.
I believe though that's Howe all the time and Ange turns back into a grizzly bear when the cameras arent there.
Celtic and bears have a good history together Yogi and feed the bear aitken.
We got the right guy eventually results show it, trophy cabinets and the table dont lie

Back