The new Izzy?

cheezydee

Is Boli the new Izzy?

He’s already turning in to a bit of a cult player, is looking pretty decent going forward but questions about concentration at the back, which I don’t think is ever going to change. And that’s where Izzy fell short. Fine in SPL, but could be costly in Europe, and that’s where we really need a solid player.

El hammed looks a right find though, and Bauer from brief glimpses

Is Boli the new Izzy?

He’s already turning in to a bit of a cult player, is looking pretty decent going forward but questions about concentration at the back, which I don’t think is ever going to change. And that’s where Izzy fell short. Fine in SPL, but could be costly in Europe, and that’s where we really need a solid player.

El hammed looks a right find though, and Bauer from brief glimpses
Completely agree, he's clearly a talented football player and a good athlete and he's still young so I'm hoping, now that we have some defenders that can actually do a bit of defending, that they'll help him develop that side of his game. He could end up being a real star in the future.

Agree. Watching some of Izzy's earlier games, he was an excellent player. So comparing Boli to the early Izzy is a compliment, and I think it should be taken that way.
Mbombo is unlikely to ever reach the skill level of Izzy so no comparison from me. If we manage to get Meling in January we might be able to sell Mbombo to a championship side and get our money back or keep him as a backup.

Back