The Price of Utter Domination

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
Excellent article this evening from Stein Reigned Supreme - the point in particular that made an impression on me relates to the number of additional games that Celtic players play. Over the last three years we've played 40 more games than Hearts - that's more than an entire league campaign. Quite incredible.

Have a read.

https://thecelticstar.com/celtic-v-hearts-the-price-of-utter-domination-stein-reigned-supreme/

Jeez no wonder our bhoys are fucked.

A seasons extra games
The downright assaults
Demotivation brought on by cheating refs.

Pretty fkn impressive that we’ve won 8IAR.

WELL DONE BHOYS. MAKE US PROUD ON SATURDAY. Then enjoy a well earned break.

Thanks David ???

Excellent article this evening from Stein Reigned Supreme - the point in particular that made an impression on me relates to the number of additional games that Celtic players play. Over the last three years we've played 40 more games than Hearts - that's more than an entire league campaign. Quite incredible.

Have a read.

https://thecelticstar.com/celtic-v-hearts-the-price-of-utter-domination-stein-reigned-supreme/
Fantastic article. This is a subject I've been on about to my friends for a couple of years now. One thing Scotland can do is change to a 16 team Premier League, everyone plays home & away and we have knocked 8 games off of the annual schedule. Plus it is less boring for fans (and players I'd assume) with a bigger variety of opponents - it isnt unheard if for some teams to play each other 6 times a season. International football makes the current situation worse and this new league of nations means every international is competitive, so the best players are picked for every one of these matches too. No wonder our players are knackered and getting injured.

been sayin since the Salzburg game, when K.T looked phuqed,our bhoys have been running on fumes and the've been gettin slagged for poor performances, by some,not all of our supporters,it's been incredible by our bhoys, 4 season's crammed into 3, yet they still step up and deliver, god bless em! COYBIG!

Excellent article. I agree with every point made.

We have a huge squad, however, and whoever is our manager should mitigate against our fixture apocalypse by using the players better. It shouldn't take an injury for KT, Jamesy or CalMac to get a regular rest. If the replacements aren't up to scratch then that's on the manager and head of recruitment.

Top article! Certainly shines a light on our recruitment also. There are clearly players there who needed rested and who do not have reliable deputies. We need genuine competition for the main men, to keep them on their toes but most importantly so the team is not overly diluted when they are rested. We get this right in the Summer recruitment we could be dominating at home and make inroads in Europe. Come on Mr Lawwel finger out. Build from the position of strength before we burn out

Fantastic article. This is a subject I've been on about to my friends for a couple of years now. One thing Scotland can do is change to a 16 team Premier League, everyone plays home & away and we have knocked 8 games off of the annual schedule. Plus it is less boring for fans (and players I'd assume) with a bigger variety of opponents - it isnt unheard if for some teams to play each other 6 times a season. International football makes the current situation worse and this new league of nations means every international is competitive, so the best players are picked for every one of these matches too. No wonder our players are knackered and getting injured.

Knocking off 8 games per season would equate to 4 home games for every Club

How would that affect the finances of less successful Clubs other than bringing another 4 Clubs to the Top Table?

Taking Celtic as an example A season ticket currently costing £600 would be reduced pro rata to @ £474 a reduction of £126 per ST holder multiplied by 50000 would equate to a loss in revenue of £6.3 million per season or 3.15 CEO bonuses
That is of course if the Clubs actually reduced the ST prices

With a suggested ST waiting list 10000 strong it could be argued that our Club might be of the opinion that retaining current ST price levels albeit in a reduced league campaign would be extremely viable financially and that any dissention and non uptake in the ranks of ST holders would be offset by the grateful hoardes of supporters currently champing at the bit for access to watch the team on a regular basis

Every Club would have to assess how the impact of change would affect them but perhaps when we see the likes of Kilmarnock and Hibs refusing to give visiting fans of certain Clubs their full traditional allocation of briefs the loss of revenue might not be so sorely felt as their finances would already appear to be fairly bouyant

I agree that our success is taking it's toll on our players and something needs to be done
Perhaps more squad rotation would be a more appropriate course of action rather than reducing the amount of matches although this matter can't be looked at through the eyes of only 2 Club in isolatiin

Other Clubs with not such a packed calendar could carry on as normal and this might possibly lead to a more competitive league as lesser ability players at our Club would be afforded more playing time This in turn could benefit our fringe players by giving them more 1st team experience

In response to your claim of over familiarisation If I recall correctly and my pre-med isn't befuddlng my memory the season prior to the HUNS dying there were 7 Old Firm games This would certainly demonstrate your point although Glasgow Derbies would always be regarded as exceptions

HH?

Couldn't agree more BB, another thing I would do is as soon as our amazing cup runs come to an end, I would throw the youngsters into the league Cup for the whole tournament, no changes even if they made the latter stages, this alongside the 30 fixture 16 team league would give our first team the rest it needs.
This would bring an amazing benefit to our youngsters careers in the hoops, and would give us as a support another team to follow for a few games a season. We would have to be patient with them and probably have to give up the first leg of any treble hopes, that's why I would wait till our cup run comes to an end.

Knocking off 8 games per season would equate to 4 home games for every Club

How would that affect the finances of less successful Clubs other than bringing another 4 Clubs to the Top Table?

Taking Celtic as an example A season ticket currently costing £600 would be reduced pro rata to @ £474 a reduction of £126 per ST holder multiplied by 50000 would equate to a loss in revenue of £6.3 million per season or 3.15 CEO bonuses
That is of course if the Clubs actually reduced the ST prices

With a suggested ST waiting list 10000 strong it could be argued that our Club might be of the opinion that retaining current ST price levels albeit in a reduced league campaign would be extremely viable financially and that any dissention and non uptake in the ranks of ST holders would be offset by the grateful hoardes of supporters currently champing at the bit for access to watch the team on a regular basis

Every Club would have to assess how the impact of change would affect them but perhaps when we see the likes of Kilmarnock and Hibs refusing to give visiting fans of certain Clubs their full traditional allocation of briefs the loss of revenue might not be so sorely felt as their finances would already appear to be fairly bouyant

I agree that our success is taking it's toll on our players and something needs to be done
Perhaps more squad rotation would be a more appropriate course of action rather than reducing the amount of matches although this matter can't be looked at through the eyes of only 2 Club in isolatiin

Other Clubs with not such a packed calendar could carry on as normal and this might possibly lead to a more competitive league as lesser ability players at our Club would be afforded more playing time This in turn could benefit our fringe players by giving them more 1st team experience

In response to your claim of over familiarisation If I recall correctly and my pre-med isn't befuddlng my memory the season prior to the HUNS dying there were 7 Old Firm games This would certainly demonstrate your point although Glasgow Derbies would always be regarded as exceptions

HH?
Hi Bill - good luck today! Sadly, it is just one of my pipedreams - I know about the finances, and that is exactly why the rest of the SPL teams will continue to vote against it, especially as it may be a couple less sell-out games against us or sevco. Personally I think this would be a short term drop as I think that fans would become more interested in the different fixtures, but the other teams wouldn't want to risk it. It would also get away from the ridiculous scenarios of playing Hibs or St Johnstone 3 times in two weeks. All the best today and we can continue this discussion soon!

Have a read.

When you see it laid out like that it really hits home what an achievement the team have delivered. One final push for insane legendary status COYBIG HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back