The SFA and a possible second liquidation

Lubos left peg

I know we all hate the SFA. They are corrupt and useless. They have done or achieved nothing of any use for scottish football to my knowledge.
My question is, could the people running the game possibly survive a 2nd liquidation event??
I know they shouldn't but what I'm asking is could they??
Everyman and his dog knows how dodgy squinty is. We have all known the direction he has been taking sevco. The men running the game have stood back and allowed it. They managed to wiggle out of taking any responsibility as the oldco died.
Could they possibly survive another massive event??

I know we all hate the SFA. They are corrupt and useless. They have done or achieved nothing of any use for scottish football to my knowledge.
My question is, could the people running the game possibly survive a 2nd liquidation event??
Everyman and his dog knows how dodgy squinty is. We have all known the direction he has been taking sevco. The men running the game have stood back and allowed it. They managed to wiggle out of taking any responsibility as the oldco died.

Short answer is yes. Even if they do go under twice, they will be reincarnated a second time. They knew they had lost this case, yet in the intervening month since they got the judgement, they spent £3m on a player.

What does this tell you? It tells me that they have access to funds, either a doner, or selling Morelos for £1.5b.

They set the precedent seven-year ago, Lubo. Even though it was a pretty poorly kept secret, the SFA will always state that they have to take their member clubs at face value. Therefore, when they submit fantasy football financial figures for audit, then the party line is that they placed their trust in due diligence and honest accountancy.

The real acid test is when one of the provincial clubs find themselves in a similar predicament. The general consensus is that Airdrieonians (Airdrie United) are a different club from the original Airdrie. Maybe there's not so much at stake in a historical context, but the principle remains the same. Airdrie died and were replaced by a new club.

In terms of how that mob are currently financing themselves, most professionally run clubs make sure they are insured to the hilt, so when the hammer falls on the huns - then clubs who have sold playing assets to the muppets won't face too much of a liability. It's the players themselves who will be hit the hardest in terms of being paid. Can you see the tears I'm crying?

Last edited:
I would bet they will not go under again. I just can’t see it. I am hoping they get a hefty financial boot in the baws, but they ain’t going under.

If we have learned anything it should be no matter what happens they will be reinvented by another group of wealthy sevconians.

To think otherwise is kidding yourself on.

They'll survive and get helped all the way ,the five way agreement seen to that .They have something on the SFA ,who now have a whole board collection of the most useless fkwits known to man .

The SPFL board filled there fkwit collection yesterday

The world and there dog know they're living way beyond there means ,the SFA will just plod along enabling them when it can .so that'll be 2 cup draws early rounds at at the shithouse

UEFA FFP rules don't seem to apply to them ,yet
Now that there strapped for cash and facing a potential many millions bill ,it's naval gazing time

This is a quote by John james Lubes.
The smart play at this point would be Administration. A court order and a preferred accountancy firm could ring fence the debts to Close Asset Management, SDIR and the indemnity to Elite, offering pennies in the pound. If a CVA was accepted, all debts would be discharged. However should the CVA fail, The Rangers Football Club Ltd would be liquidated.
hope it helps.

Administration is the GASL's joker in the pack .
Once all the 'businessmen' who are funding the Zombie Club ( Pat. pending ) are either bankrupted or are lynched by their children for squandering their inheritance ... ...
and Club 1872 are burned to the ground with their Office Bearers hung with their own sashes ....

.... then , with no other gormless idiot to fleece , he will abandon all his debts by applying for Administration , while blaming ....Mike Ashley , Charlie Greene , Craig Whyte , David Murray , Peter Lawwell , Neil Lennon , Hector , the English Court system , Boris , Kaiser Soze , the wee wummin who makes the tea and all those doom merchants on The Celtic Noise .

The SFA will deduct points ( which GASL will appeal - and lose ) ; the GASL will announce another share issue ; the Gullibillies will be lined up along Edmiston Drive to offer their money , the keys to their houses and their children as payment for their share of the Not So New Rangers ( copyright pending ) of which they will own a massive 0.00001% , while the GASL continues to ring fence his own children's inheritance .
The SFA will confirm that GASL is a 'fit and proper person to run a ramshackle , hand-to-mouth POP-UP business like the Not So New Rangers ' and will accept his latest financial statement , written on the back of a receipt for a nearly new set of strips supplied by Turkish Knock-offs Ltd. and grant him a license to play in Europe .

HH

This is a quote by John james Lubes.
The smart play at this point would be Administration. A court order and a preferred accountancy firm could ring fence the debts to Close Asset Management, SDIR and the indemnity to Elite, offering pennies in the pound. If a CVA was accepted, all debts would be discharged. However should the CVA fail, The Rangers Football Club Ltd would be liquidated.
hope it helps.

Thanks tic. I'm more interested in knowing if the people running the Scottish game could survive another event like 2012....I'm convinced that sevco will somehow manage to avoid admin....but if it where to happen again surely the SFA would have to be held to account.....by someone....they couldn't just reincarnate the scum again and again could they???

Thanks tic. I'm more interested in knowing if the people running the Scottish game could survive another event like 2012....I'm convinced that sevco will somehow manage to avoid admin....but if it where to happen again surely the SFA would have to be held to account.....by someone....they couldn't just reincarnate the scum again and again could they???
like they were held to account for the ebt years , the registration of players ,,, see a pattern here

No Lubo - they will never be held to account.

The last time round their head man survived even though he was the main man responsible for signing off the EBTs for a number of years whilst knowingly not registering the necessary financial information with the SFA so they could continue hiding it from HMRC.

Even when it was revealed that Campbell Ogilvie was also a beneficiary of an EBT when he was both a Director of Rangers as well as the treasurer of the Scottish Football Association he remained in power as SFA President until he left of his own accord in 2015 (no doubt with a nice golden 'funny' handshake too).

An absolute disgrace! :mad:

The last time round their head man survived even though he was the main man responsible for signing off the EBTs for a number of years whilst knowingly not registering the necessary financial information with the SFA so they could continue hiding it from HMRC.

Even when it was revealed that Campbell Ogilvie was also a beneficiary of an EBT when he was both a Director of Rangers as well as the treasurer of the Scottish Football Association he remained in power as SFA President until he left of his own accord in 2015 (no doubt with a nice golden 'funny' handshake too).

But would our fans allow our board to ignore it again?? There is obviously an anger bubbling just under the surface. And I feel it's probably the same with aberdeen fans and hibs fans. I'd like to think we wouldnt allow it to happen again....but who knows

But would our fans allow our board to ignore it again?? There is obviously an anger bubbling just under the surface. And I feel it's probably the same with aberdeen fans and hibs fans. I'd like to think we wouldnt allow it to happen again....but who knows
Sadly, I believe it will happen again (and again, and again, if necessary).

I live and work with Aberdeen fans. Yes, they were unhappy about what happened the last time, but realistically most probably wouldn't bother to do much more than grump and moan about it. They truly believe that the SFA is biased towards the Old Firm and Celtic get roped in with all the crap that rangers get away with. They very rarely see us as two teams but just one big problem! Even when you point out that 90% of the problems they moan about are to the benefit of only one team and more often than not Celtic are the biggest losers, they just shrug and don't care.

Hibs fans will be ignored as Petrie now has a lot of power so will downplay everything. The Huns of Midlothian won't care either and certainly won't kick up shit about their brethern. Dundee Utd are not powerful enough any more. Do you think the Killie boys will vote against them this time (they didn't the first time)? Or Motherwell? Or Hamilton? etc...

Therefore any complaints will just be portrayed by the laptop loyal and Scottish media as being Tim bigots wanting to pick on poor old rangers who have been unfairly shafted by the big bad bullies! But I really hope I am wrong.

GASL is simply playing the system

He has already stated that once his Club get access to CL Group Stages their money worries will be over which is actually a lot of pish but the Gullibillies have taken it hook line and sinker

However to reach the Promised Land SEVCO have to win the SPFL then take their chances negotiating 4 qualifying rounds so that in itself isn't gonna be a walk in the park

Until such times as that happens he'll do everything he can to get access to funds any way he can

He'll Rob Peter to pay Paul He'll strong arm his Directors He'll open more Pop Up Stores knowing that it won't be until further down the line when he loses more court cases that he'll have to stump up fines and court fees He'll take out more Emergency Loans Ine thing he won't do though is use his own money

He is a survivor He's been doing this for years His philosophy is why play fair when you can play dirty and get away with it?
He doesn't give a toss how much money the Club loses as long as it isn't his
If the Club enters administration or goes bust you won't see him bubbling like a wee lassie on your telly

The guy is a ROGUE Just like Green Whyte and Murray This is evidenced by his methods in dealing with taxes he owed in South Africa He doesn't give a shit who he burns or the consequences of his actions

A lengthy jail sentence might change his outlook but I wouldn't put my mortgage on that happening

The guy is just a Wrong'un and the SEVCO HOARDES are among the blind who either cannot or will not see

He should never have been allowed to hold the position that he does after the disclosure of his South African Tax Evasion but SFA turned a blind eye to one of their own riding to the rescue of their own ( Establishment Club)

HH?

They passed his glibness fit and proper even tho he had plead guilty to 44 charges of tax evasion money laundering and racketeering so they will jst brass neck it again while the hun luvin media will look the other way

He also walked into a job at UEFA

He also walked into a job at UEFA
Yes, just like the disgraced Dallas! A recurring theme!

Any other country his track record at Hearts alone as it was mismanaged into administration probably would have been sufficient to make people wary about promoting him into a position of high office, but for him to have been at the helm for 2 shipwrecks and still saunter into a high paying job with the football association is unbelievable!

The enormity of the bill to SDI is staggering as it is the equivalent of 50% of the season ticket money meant to pay wages for the whole season. Mike Ashley is astute and the SFA will be in the spotlight you cannot claim they’re a new club yet have lots of titles or the same club and not accept a 25 point deduction.

Last edited:
The club maybe rise from ashes of administration, but they'll have no training ground, no Staduim, I believe Dave has used both to secure monies from Close Brothers, should the club go into administration, CB will have the necessary paper work done & will repo both training ground & Ibrox.

So with no stadium facilities the SFA would be reluctant tae allow the use of Hampden, because they wouldn't allow Queens Park tae remain as tenets, plus member clubs would also have a say. So their fucked.

Repo of property, apparently they apply for a default warrant for length of loan, having a default warrant in place already means, Close Brothers can get a repo warrant, straight away, so repo team would be in within minutes so thur totally fucked

The pincer movement of SDI on one flank and Close brothers on the other means that the Ibrox club have almost insurmountable problems. Financially the best option would be to pull the plug and form a phoenix club yet somehow retain a stadium, training ground and staff. There lies the rub. TUPE or not TUBE that is the question. What we will witness is a facade of arrogangance, apparent confidence and bragadocio on a grand scale. But just below the surface lies the financial shit storm that awaits. If I was a supplier to this firm I would insist on payment in advance. There will be a lot of unsecured creditors that were shafted 7 years ago. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Grab yourself a good seat. The climax of this movie is more certain and sooner than Brexit.

Members online

Latest posts

Back