The Southampton Loanees

Should Celtic bring the Southampton loanees Forster and Elyounoussi in permanently?

Debate on A Celtic Stat of Mind and the numbers to back it up on Celtic By Numbers for Forster (Forster’s A Keeper) and Elyounoussi (More Mo?).
Forster is a definite, if we can afford him. I thought Elyounoussi was fantastic until his injury. We shouldn't have rushed him back too early for a big game when not fully fit (a common fault over the last few years which rarely works out well for us). He has struggled for us since he returned though.

Forster is a definite, if we can afford him. I thought Elyounoussi was fantastic until his injury. We shouldn't have rushed him back too early for a big game when not fully fit (a common fault over the last few years which rarely works out well for us). He has struggled for us since he returned though.
I would agree with this: Definitely Forster, probably Elyounoussi. I like big Moi and hope he returns to his previous level of play, pre-injury.

Can’t see us making any signings for significant transfer fees once we get back to football. Can’t see many teams, even in EPL spending the amounts they usually do.
I think Forster will sign on another year long loan, maybe with an option to buy next summer when hopefully some normality will have returned. Makes sense for Southampton, no one will buy him at price they probably want but coming to us on loan will reduce what they pay him on wages. Forster has already said he would take a pay cut to return to us. Elyounoussi will probably move elsewhere.

Members online

Latest posts

Back