TheRangers - A History of Violence, Bigotry, Sectarianism, Racism and Intolerance

we simply hate you for hating us based on religious bigotry and racism, nothjng to do with being prodestant.
So true I couldn't put it better myself.
Protestants there is no prodestant

"Sectarianism in Glasgow takes the form of long-standing religious and political sectarian rivalry between Roman Catholics and Protestants"

so basically if we wanted to sing
soon there'll be no prodestants at all,
we would be right as there is no such group in existence. bit like the hun club of 1872

Absolutely brilliant read its not until you see these things listed that you just shake your head in dismay.
Wee confession and I know it makes no difference to anyone on here, I'm a protestant and my dad was a Partick thistle supporter but was happy to let any of his 5 sons support who ever they wanted , in all my years of following Celtic I have never felt unsafe or intimidated, I remember the first time I went on a supporters bus a woman who lived round the corner and was on nodding terms with my mum , saying she'd never seen me at the Chapel I explained why and she said "Oh your Mrs *****'s Black sheep " everyone on the bus knew and no-one gave a toss , I personally think its about the Childs upbringing and education has to start Young. bigots aren't born they are indoctrinated from an Early age . I'm afraid it will take generations if ever to eradicate what is Scotlands shame

Absolutely brilliant read its not until you see these things listed that you just shake your head in dismay.
Wee confession and I know it makes no difference to anyone on here, I'm a protestant and my dad was a Partick thistle supporter but was happy to let any of his 5 sons support who ever they wanted , in all my years of following Celtic I have never felt unsafe or intimidated, I remember the first time I went on a supporters bus a woman who lived round the corner and was on nodding terms with my mum , saying she'd never seen me at the Chapel I explained why and she said "Oh your Mrs *****'s Black sheep " everyone on the bus knew and no-one gave a toss , I personally think its about the Childs upbringing and education has to start Young. bigots aren't born they are indoctrinated from an Early age . I'm afraid it will take generations if ever to eradicate what is Scotlands shame
You are absolutely spot on Marky, it does not matter a jot what faith anyone practices.....or in my case doesn't.
Only prerequisite is a love for The Hoops. If our club was anything like the new club from Govan, I certainly couldn't support it. We came to be for the most wonderful of reasons, embracing folk from all faiths and backgrounds . If I could change anything, it would only be the fact that we even feel the need to mention religion. Truly doesn't matter in the slightest.

Perhaps you might have said that some of the most iconic legends of the Celtic Football Club were and are Protestant.

"It's not the creed nor his nationality that counts. It's the man himself." Willie Maley...
Many,many years ago I was in the Jungle with two pals when some halfwit shouted some anti Protestant insult,my pal who had been a trainee priest turned to said mug pointed to me&said "my mate is a Prod so shut the fuck up" .Now I haven't been up for a while but I'd like to think that people like my mate are still the vast majority of our support

You are absolutely spot on Marky, it does not matter a jot what faith anyone practices.....or in my case doesn't.
Only prerequisite is a love for The Hoops. If our club was anything like the new club from Govan, I certainly couldn't support it. We came to be for the most wonderful of reasons, embracing folk from all faiths and backgrounds . If I could change anything, it would only be the fact that we even feel the need to mention religion. Truly doesn't matter in the slightest.

To some folk religion is important and to others it's not, and that is perfectly fine.....so, "let the people sing"...

My dad is protestant, although he isn't religious at all, but he was brought up in a protestant household. At the weekend in the Wimbledon CSC he proudly wore his Catholic United top as he celebrated big CCV goal with me, a northern Irish guy and an English guy who was with his Korean wife. In a bar full with people from all races and religions from different parts of the world who found a little Irish centre in the middle of Southern England to support the hoops. We arent like them at all. We arent one half of the same coin. They are intolerant, racist, bigoted scum. We are not.

The irony being is that those who get the most hung up on the religious aspect of being a Celtic supporter or one of the them are hardly the paragons of Christian virtue and the teachings of Jesus?

I believe that those who are devout in their faith have learned to understand that Jesus, The Apostles and The Lord Almighty don't hold a whole lot of sway regarding the outcome of football matches.

Football provides people with the outlet to express their most base instincts and whilst Celtic don't have their own percentile of zoomers to seek - the equivalents in the hun support make up a far more significant portion of their overall support.

At a fairly conservative estimate - I would suggest that somewhere between 33% of their fan base is intolerant towards anyone that isn't white, Anglo-Saxon and protestant and that 99.9% are intolerant of anyone or anything that has an association with Glasgow Celtic.

Someone previously mentioned the influence of the family unit in a child's development, I make that a major factor. Decency and tolerance is always going to raise well-balanced individuals (regardless of what football team they end up supporting). Indecency and intolerance is always likely to develop the next generation of self-entitlement and hatred of others.

I embrace our protestant support with wide open arms, as I cannot begin to imagine how difficult it must be in certain parts of this country to be regarded as a traitor to your own kind. I thank their families for having the decency to respect an individual's freedom of choice and to understand that religion should play no part in what team that individual should support.

Catholics do not exclusively support Celtic and neither should they be influenced to do so. Celtic may be a calling for most of us, but it is not a religious calling - it is a calling to support something far more significant than the sum of it's parts: it is based on the love of Celtic and not the hatred of others.

For the record though - I DO hate those arseholes with a passion. Mainly for all the reasons that Imatim cited in his original posts.

To some folk religion is important and to others it's not, and that is perfectly fine.....so, "let the people sing"...
I believe, that after a couple of language edits, you should post or e-mail this catalogued account of offences to every media outlet, football club, MSP, SFA, SPFL and the Referee's Union that you can. It may not change things but at least we'll know that it is circulating among them.

A wonderfully documented account Imatim. Sing out loud.

I believe, that after a couple of language edits, you should post or e-mail this catalogued account of offences to every media outlet, football club, MSP, SFA, SPFL and the Referee's Union that you can. It may not change things but at least we'll know that it is circulating among them.

A wonderfully documented account Imatim. Sing out loud.

The SMSM already know all about it Shammy.....they’re on here on a regular basis...

Latest posts

Back