This Bhoy deserves a chance..

Just shows you how pish our “coaches “ are, one season over in Belgium with coaching that can bring a players on and he ends up player of the year, as much as I’d love him back (god how we NEED him)
The deal has been done to sell him, they want him to stay, all hinges on wither he wants to come home to the shit storm that’s happening here or stay over there and improve......does any one know if he’s a Celtic man or was he just passing through?

Credit to him for having the season he has had.
The mob he is playing for seem to like 3cbs with 2 wing backs. So if they are under the cosh they can do a backs to the wall set up. So he is better protected than the way we may set up leaving two cbs alone with the wing backs bombing up.
Looking at that leauge teams are leaking goals. 41 so far in 34 games give his club joint 3rd/4th best defense and they have managed only a couple of clean sheets (leauge) since he came into the side

Still though he has played his part in a team that have punched above thier weight.

It will be interesting to see how he gets on at the Euros.
He is going to have to really impress the new mgmt and be offered a big wage hike/new contract and game time assurances to roll the dice and stay on.

From his quote the strikers are a higher standard so to him being tested is a better level....way I read it anyway.

2m is 2m. If it goes towards a top cb we can't complain. He had no future at the club.

Just shows you how pish our “coaches “ are, one season over in Belgium with coaching that can bring a players on and he ends up player of the year, as much as I’d love him back (god how we NEED him)
The deal has been done to sell him, they want him to stay, all hinges on wither he wants to come home to the shit storm that’s happening here or stay over there and improve......does any one know if he’s a Celtic man or was he just passing through?
I think its our stupid starting positions of wide defenders and lack of defensively aware centre mids that make all our cbs look gash

it also makes our fullbacks and midfielders look gash

and doesnt create much for our strikers which makes them look gash

Abandoning the fun back positions leaves you wide open to good attackers who just love the huge spaces we gift them

too many attacking mids all starting too high and no really defensively aware makes our best players look duff

imo

fix the formation and starting positions and the chances will come and defence will be tighter

we played deeper with proper central region in all our best performances this season

when we play wingbacks too high and cms too wide like we did in last sevco match they just cut down our big gaps when the balll broke in middle

we had our cms too wide again instead of matching their 3

and we had full backs playing wing backs too high starting and too far out of position as runners started charging into the gaps

its the same shite goals we keep giving away

its like watching baseball and the guy on second base keeps drifting away from his plate trying to get a march on the pitcher throwing at first

but he goes too far and pop caught and out

full backs should not be more than 20 yards from cbs when ball in own half

at least 2 cms should be also within 20 yards of defence when ball in your own half

watch every champion team including the ,most attacking teams in world

they always have full backs and cbs within 20 yards of their nearest cb when cb has ball in own half

But we have full backs 30+ usually 40 +yards from cbs

and 1 cm within 30 yards of the cb

if the long pass goes astray it just gets charged into our huge gaps with a headstart and momentum

and repeat

imo

its not the players its the shite plan

I think its our stupid starting positions of wide defenders and lack of defensively aware centre mids that make all our cbs look gash

it also makes our fullbacks and midfielders look gash

and doesnt create much for our strikers which makes them look gash

Abandoning the fun back positions leaves you wide open to good attackers who just love the huge spaces we gift them

too many attacking mids all starting too high and no really defensively aware makes our best players look duff

imo

fix the formation and starting positions and the chances will come and defence will be tighter

we played deeper with proper central region in all our best performances this season

when we play wingbacks too high and cms too wide like we did in last sevco match they just cut down our big gaps when the balll broke in middle

we had our cms too wide again instead of matching their 3

and we had full backs playing wing backs too high starting and too far out of position as runners started charging into the gaps

its the same shite goals we keep giving away

its like watching baseball and the guy on second base keeps drifting away from his plate trying to get a march on the pitcher throwing at first

but he goes too far and pop caught and out

full backs should not be more than 20 yards from cbs when ball in own half

at least 2 cms should be also within 20 yards of defence when ball in your own half

watch every champion team including the ,most attacking teams in world

they always have full backs and cbs within 20 yards of their nearest cb when cb has ball in own half

But we have full backs 30+ usually 40 +yards from cbs

and 1 cm within 30 yards of the cb

if the long pass goes astray it just gets charged into our huge gaps with a headstart and momentum

and repeat

imo

its not the players its the shite plan

Not a bad analysis there.....certainly food for thought...

Credit to him for having the season he has had.
The mob he is playing for seem to like 3cbs with 2 wing backs. So if they are under the cosh they can do a backs to the wall set up. So he is better protected than the way we may set up leaving two cbs alone with the wing backs bombing up.
Looking at that leauge teams are leaking goals. 41 so far in 34 games give his club joint 3rd/4th best defense and they have managed only a couple of clean sheets (leauge) since he came into the side

Still though he has played his part in a team that have punched above thier weight.

It will be interesting to see how he gets on at the Euros.
He is going to have to really impress the new mgmt and be offered a big wage hike/new contract and game time assurances to roll the dice and stay on.

From his quote the strikers are a higher standard so to him being tested is a better level....way I read it anyway.

2m is 2m. If it goes towards a top cb we can't complain. He had no future at the club.
Good analysis and informative mate ...I agree with the conclusion that he had no future at our club.There are many who leave us on loan or otherwise who do well at other clubs based on a good fit different coaching and different levels of expectation ...good luck to him but still don't see a future for him at Celtic.

Good analysis and informative mate ...I agree with the conclusion that he had no future at our club.There are many who leave us on loan or otherwise who do well at other clubs based on a good fit different coaching and different levels of expectation ...good luck to him but still don't see a future for him at Celtic.
I'm in your camp M7 I don't see a future at Celtic park either watched him playing for Scotland a few weeks ago didn't think he had improved much from when he was with us last time

I'm in your camp M7 I don't see a future at Celtic park either watched him playing for Scotland a few weeks ago didn't think he had improved much from when he was with us last time
Agreed Dougie was gonna include the fact that i see nothing from him at international level but that probably includes others in the Scotland team apart from Christaldo who gives blood sweat and tears and a boogie for that jersey ....sorry I am away on a different tangent now .

JH looked like he had all the physicality to be a good centre half but he lacked the quickness of thought. The Scottish game is so fast (so is the English game but not so much so). The Belgian league might be slightly higher quality but I bet it's slower - he'll have more time to think there.

Sorry bhoys but I watched him playing for Scotland recently and didn't see any change.
A half decent player but no more than that in my opinion. No offence but our ambitions have to be much better than this.
I'd say the Belgian league is on a par with ours regarding the quality of teams. Seen nothing in his games for Scotland recently to say he's improved much.

Got to hold my hands up and say I never thought he would make it with us. I just didn't see the defensive awareness a top centre back needs; especially in a team which plays almost always on the front foot. If the kid has improved I'll be as happy as anybody else. Given the paucity of central defenders, naw, make that ANY defenders, he may very well get a shot at establishing himself. Time will tell, but for me the jury is still out.

Members online

Back