Thomas Henry looking the part.

Get Kevin Nisbet in and save the dough rather than splash 7 Million on some youtube video guy who Jack Hendry says is average...Jack Hendry...yes, Jack Hendry
We know Nisbet can do the business in the SPFL for a start
This guy looks like a taller version of Ajeti. I think Nisbet would bring more for less and knows the terrain. Henry looks like a six yard box poacher ..... a one trick pony.

I don't think we're signing him anyway.

We're stuck with Eddy until his contract runs down.
Looking like you are right Larry,you can see it in his movement he is not interested in staying at Celtic and it looks like Christie will follow,5 months from now they can both speak to clubs and listen to what they will get from them,but if thats the case Larry we need to get the best out of both of them until the day they leave...
Lawwell once again costing Celtic money and in this case around £25m in transfer money..
He definitely took his eyes of the road with these two..

HH

Looking like you are right Larry,you can see it in his movement he is not interested in staying at Celtic and it looks like Christie will follow,5 months from now they can both speak to clubs and listen to what they will get from them,but if thats the case Larry we need to get the best out of both of them until the day they leave...
Lawwell once again costing Celtic money and in this case around £25m in transfer money..

HH
Christie can talk to clubs now GS as his contract is up in January. Looks like Christie showcasing for a good deal elsewhere if he hasn't signed for us . So at least we get the benefit of him trying to impress while he is here ..how long that lasts who knows. If he signs a contract for us great...but can't see it . Eddie on the other hand is a mystery and don't understand what he thinks he is achieving by his not interested attitude...how does that help either party. I think we are stuck with him and their goes a major part of cash for our rebuild unfortunately.

HH

I think Christie is impressing Ange......I hope he signs a new contract......Regarding Eddy.....WTF is going on wi him.....Not long ago we were all wanna be Edouard.....If he don't want to be here, why isn't he playing like we all know he can.....Something not right here.....:unsure:
Ange loves the way Christie is playing mate as the whole Celtic support do and I am sure we would love to see him sign a 4--5 year deal,but Eddy is a whole different ball game,he does not have the sense to realise the better he performs the more interest there will be in him.
I have a feeling lennono he has already made up his mind he is leaving on a free transfer if nothing happens before the window closes..

HH

Christie will stay imho
You heard it here, maybe not first, but I believe they'll work out a new deal for him
He's got the talent and drive, just needs to forget the MSM 'wanting away' shite
Stay at Celtic and become a club legend with the trophies and accolades and European nights that come with it, or go for the money and do nothing, in the EPL
And if I'm wrong and he goes...well, nobody's perfect

Christie is in one of his bursts of good form just now. He is worth more than the wage he is on definitely.

Will we offer him a deal that will match what he can get as a free in January.
No chance. It's a free bet for any team that takes him on and a guaranteed profit.
Say we might offer him about £22k, which would put him up there with the higher earners.

An English side would think nothing of a 30k contract. Play him a few games use him when he hits form.
Sign him up on a 4yr deal.
For a year it costs them £1.5m.

Even with a bit part season and his next club sell him another club English club will pay more than that.

He is basically a free international.

If Christie stays then it's because he wants to. Can't see him knocking back a minimum 500k a year till he retires...behave

I digress

Christie is in one of his bursts of good form just now. He is worth more than the wage he is on definitely.

No chance. It's a free bet for any team that takes him on and a guaranteed profit.
Say we might offer him about £22k, which would put him up there with the higher earners.

An English side would think nothing of a 30k contract. Play him a few games use him when he hits form.

Even with a bit part season and his next club sell him another club English club will pay more than that.

If Christie stays then it's because he wants to. Can't see him knocking back a minimum 500k a year till he retires...behave

I digress
Let's wait and see

That's all we can do, cos it's up to the Bhoy and hopefully he stays imho

Not a fan of judging players by video remember that Tadger Barnes bought yon Brazilian Rafael 💩 after seeing a video.

Christie, thinks he better than he really is. Stay & become a legend or fuck off for big wages & become a bench warmer for some over rated EPL club.

Eddie, when he's in the mood, unplayable for 100% of defenders, but when he's in the huff typical petulant Frenchman, another who thinks he to good for the SPL, Leicester were sniffing about but knowing the Rhat he'll have told him run down yer contract. Brighton supposed tae be interested but they're looking for a cheaper option. Not all EPL clubs will pay crazy wages & Eddie's still young so maybe sign a new deal find his mojo & get his big move or fuck off tae mediocrity...

Lawwell needs his baws booted for allowing contracts tae run down, imo.

I digress
I think I read recently that CalMac was the highest earner at the club now...on a wage of 20k

Eddy is looking more like he would be much better off taking a course in Painting and Decorating.

Eddy is in the box seat here.

If he doesn’t get the transfer he wants.....which would include the big wages and a Club he fancies.....he will simply run down his contract and pick up a substantial signing on fee and no doubt a big wage to boot when his contract with us ends.....as things stand we may agree on a transfer fee.....but if it doesn’t fall in to line with what his expectations are then it’s not going to happen imo.....Eddy holds all the cards which should never have been allowed to happen.....a lesson learned hopefully.

For what its worth.....if the window closes and he is still here without signing a contract extension.....I would not allow him to be anywhere near the first team squad under any circumstance.....his current attitude is both negative and problematic and we don’t need it to rub off on others or interfere with what Ange is building...

Back