Thread about the Noise

James Forrest

The Emperor of Ice Cream
Staff member
Gents, ladies ... your forum is under new management.

First up, I want to say a big thanks to everyone on here who has built this forum and kept it going for the last couple of years. This was originally supposed to be a joint venture between three different blogs and it turned into something different. Not necessarily something bad ... just different. Now, I think, we're moving back to the original intent. Which is why I'm here tonight.

The first thing you need to know is that nothing is really going to change that much. Myself and a couple of the other bloggers will create a seperate section of the site for all our articles, and speaking for myself I'm going to turn comments off on the blog itself and direct anyone who wishes to post one to this forum. Don't worry. I'll be keeping a close eye on this place; we'll be introducing some of the moderation rules which have proved successful elsewhere, to keep things from ending up the way they have elsewhere; in short, a rabble with people insulting one another over everything.

Not gonna happen in this house. And I hope that most of you will support that change.

We may lose some people. We will almost certainly gain a bunch of them. But whatever happens for most of you there'll be no change at all; just keep on doing what it is that you do. Just keep on posting the great threads and starting the great discussions which have made this a good place to visit.

I was one of the guys who founded this forum, and I admit that I voluntarily left it when it became clear that certain things were not going to be run along the lines that I thought they should. That's no reflection on the guys who've been here, it's an honest admission that there were some differences over the direction the project would take and how best to grow it, and rather than make a big song and dance about it I decided to leave quietly.

So in many ways, this is a homecoming :)

Some of you know me already, some of you don't. Most people will be familiar with my work.

As I said, I have no intention of clogging up the discussion threads with articles, except that I'll post one every once in a while if it's germaine to the stories of the day ... but in the main, there'll be a seperate part of the forum where those will be posted and discussed. So that should keep everything nice and neat with little crossover.

New rules and regs, I'll publish a little bit later. You guys probably won't see me on a lot, although I will start the occasional thread, but if anyone needs to get me you can message me in the usual way. Complaints, greivances, and the usual reports of anything you find on here that crosses the line and/or is suspect, please let me know. I'll moderate at the start and end of every day until I can find some people to do it more regularly.

Until then folks, keep on keeping on.

Hopefully, things don't change too much. Fresh faces and new opinions are always welcome, but it is a fine, admittedly relatively wee community.

A big thank you to David for his excellent work over the years. WC has overseen a brilliant forum over these last few years. Many thanks for your hard work. Hail hail! 🍀

James
i read a lot of your stuff some of which I find a touch tedious. Your desire to give oxygen to SMSM for one. However other stuff can be interesting when you focus your undoubted talents on Celtic issues particularly.
I am just one of the journeymen on here so will have an open mind on any changes, but if it ain’t broke ….
In the meantime I wish you as a Celt well and my thanks to those who have been previously involved
HH

Funnily enough....I was going to copy and paste a thread from fester fester on here regarding their "rules"....one of which was

.....don't criticise the team, the management or the board.

I really hope the noise doesn't go down the same direction of the scum forum, where admin delete posts and threads that don't appeal to them, left right and centre....

"don't criticise the team, the management or the board."

Celtic fans are like no other, we are constructive, liberal,educated and we know our own way to an ignore button for a time out.

I mean, to be fair....some of the rules on their list actually made sense...some of them!! But it did make me laugh the last line...

"If you wouldn't say it amongst family or friends, don't say it on a Family friendly forum"

😳😳😳😳 follow follow, a family friendly forum!!!!

James
i read a lot of your stuff some of which I find a touch tedious. Your desire to give oxygen to SMSM for one. However other stuff can be interesting when you focus your undoubted talents on Celtic issues particularly.
I am just one of the journeymen on here so will have an open mind on any changes, but if it ain’t broke ….
In the meantime I wish you as a Celt well and my thanks to those who have been previously involved
HH
I would agree to a large extent. Like a great many Celtic fans, I deliberately refuse to read the SMSM so I'm totally baffled why James puts in so much effort to ridicule their pathetic propoganda. Personally I would prefer to starve those biased gobshites the oxygen of publicity to make them completely irrelevant.

I'm not saying JF is wrong, but I'd prefer not to read even second hand what negative crap these dimwit lickspittles have invented about us. He has some really good write-ups on Celtic matters though.

Let's hope Shammy is right and we don't get inundated with the trolls that blight the Celticblog comments section. Or many of us will disappear from that filth.

Funnily enough....I was going to copy and paste a thread from fester fester on here regarding their "rules"....one of which was

.....don't criticise the team, the management or the board.

I really hope the noise doesn't go down the same direction of the scum forum, where admin delete posts and threads that don't appeal to them, left right and centre....
You'll be fine Lubo. Remember you are Captain Positivity this season so you would never fall foul of criticising our team, management or board. 😉👍

I would agree to a large extent. Like a great many Celtic fans, I deliberately refuse to read the SMSM so I'm totally baffled why James puts in so much effort to ridicule their pathetic propoganda. Personally I would prefer to starve those biased gobshites the oxygen of publicity to make them completely irrelevant.

I'm not saying JF is wrong, but I'd prefer not to read even second hand what negative crap these dimwit lickspittles have invented about us. He has some really good write-ups on Celtic matters though.

Let's hope Shammy is right and we don't get inundated with the trolls that blight the Celticblog comments section. Or many of us will disappear from that filth.

I disagree. I'd rather our bloggers called them out for their BS at every opportunity.
Our board certainly don't pull them on their lies. If out bloggers didn't....then they would simply get away with it.

Members online

Latest posts

Back