Time To Offload Players

What has Lee Congerton done for this club? Head of recruitment is a very important position in any club, a very underestimated job make ni mistake about it. These useless players we have are a huge drain on finances. Imagine you had a job in HR, your on a huge salary and you continually appoint people who couldn't do the job you hired them for at a cost of millions of pounds! You also lose the chance to hire excellent recruits due to incompetence. Why is this man still employed by Celtic and who hired him in the first place?

Well, I don’t have any inside information at all on club and I don’t know how well or badly Lee Congerton has performed. No idea whether failure to sign players is his fault or whether others are to blame for not letting him do his job As for the size of squad, every club has a pool of players who through injury or other problems haven’t lived up to expectations Personally wouldn’t call for someone to lose their job unless I knew these facts

Well, I don’t have any inside information at all on club and I don’t know how well or badly Lee Congerton has performed. No idea whether failure to sign players is his fault or whether others are to blame for not letting him do his job As for the size of squad, every club has a pool of players who through injury or other problems haven’t lived up to expectations Personally wouldn’t call for someone to lose their job unless I knew these facts
If recruitment is bad then surely the Head Of Recruitment is to blame, otherwise why have the position of Head Of Recruitment in the first place or is he yet another nonentity who Celtic have employed to do the square root of FA?

I don’t know the answer to that. All I know as a fan is that the present set up has delivered a double treble and is on course to deliver a third one Recruitment must get some brownie points for that

I don’t know the answer to that. All I know as a fan is that the present set up has delivered a double treble and is on course to deliver a third one Recruitment must get some brownie points for that
John Park gets the deserved credit for the recruitment of the players that gave us the double double. After he was replaced by Lee Congerton it has been downhill ever since. When Congerton was at Sunderland, they were billed £9 million for Inter Milan loanee Ricky Alvarez after the Court of Arbitration for Sport ruled that they unwittingly triggered an agreement to sign him permanently – despite the club never actually owning the Argentine. If thats not incompetence I don't know what is? He also recruited expensive flops for Sunderland before arriving at Celtic, (to the Sunderland fans amazement and disbelief). Since his appointment we have signed Commper, Charlie Mousonda, Hayes and Arzani plus having to reject 9 million for Boyata who doesn't even want to play for us but a replacement was not found, plus losing out on McGinn etc. etc. Lets face it, he's not very good at his job!

I think before I said he was not very good at his job I would want to know all the background to all these pieces of business. As a fan I know nothing at all about what goes on behind the scenes

Reactions: TET
De Vries, Gamboa, Compper, Allan, Benyu, Hayes, Miller and Mulumbu could all leave today with no effect to the squad in terms of numbers and quality.
Morgan and Hendry need to go out on loan to get game time in order to come back in the summer and to see if they'll be part of the squad longer term.
We need to be planning ahead to replace the likes of Boyata, Brown, Lustig, Izaguirre, (all out of contract in the summer) as well as the Weah, Burke & Benkovic who will return to their parent clubs.
Our squad management is shambolic, a well run team would be replacing 2-3 players maximum per summer window, and 1 or 2 in the winter window if necessary (probably more likely securing players in pre contracts). Our squad is bloated with mediocrity on large wages, Lawwell's buy them cheap, stack them high policy has failed and we need to buy fewer players but of a quality that is a lot higher than the dross we sign and are currently being linked with. We need to use our youth system to supplement a smaller, higher quality first team squad.

Here lies the problem.

Many could go with no issues on squad quality etc, but we have to find someone who wants them when they aren’t playing and then dependant on how much they’re on - they may not want to move because they can’t get better.

Then the players from the first team we’d like to move on...we can’t, because we can’t bring anyone else in until the proper waste is gone.

John Park gets the deserved credit for the recruitment of the players that gave us the double double. After he was replaced by Lee Congerton it has been downhill ever since. When Congerton was at Sunderland, they were billed £9 million for Inter Milan loanee Ricky Alvarez after the Court of Arbitration for Sport ruled that they unwittingly triggered an agreement to sign him permanently – despite the club never actually owning the Argentine. If thats not incompetence I don't know what is? He also recruited expensive flops for Sunderland before arriving at Celtic, (to the Sunderland fans amazement and disbelief). Since his appointment we have signed Commper, Charlie Mousonda, Hayes and Arzani plus having to reject 9 million for Boyata who doesn't even want to play for us but a replacement was not found, plus losing out on McGinn etc. etc. Lets face it, he's not very good at his job!
It's a wee bit unfair to suggest as you seem to that Armani is a poor choice. The boy has hardly had a start and has a serious injury. I am all for constructive criticism but I think you are a wee bit sore on the lad. HH.

Members online

Latest posts

Back