To all the panic-merchants . . .

Think its called being concerned Larry,theyve just done us on our own patch,did that not worry you watching that today?Being out played and out fought by a team we should be miles ahead of?Thats twice in a few weeks theyve been the far better team albeit we won the cup.As another poster said earlier this mob aint goin away this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
The most common ‘head in the sand’ behaviours that hold organisations back from competing well:
Closed topics

While of course it matters that once a decision is made, people get on board and support it. However, it’s dangerous when leaders determine a subject can never be spoken about again. I once heard a leader say, “I don’t care what new information you have. We’ve had this conversation 100 times and I’m just not interested in having it again.”

While it may be true that the new insight doesn’t shift the organisation’s view, in a rapidly changing world this thinking can cause organisations to miss vital clues and shifts in industry direction.

False optimism

Being positive and believing things will work out is typically a good thing. However, when there is little evidence to back that thinking, leaders risk being slow to act.

Having honest insight to circumstances and being willing to face those realities is critical to any leader’s ability to compete well in a fast-paced world. Leaders need to be careful not to adopt an inflated view of their organisation’s success or potential. Being real is critical to driving the outcomes you want.

Denial

Some leaders refuse to acknowledge, even to themselves, the extent to which some issues or challenges matter. Some fail to place adequate priority on issues while others lack of sense of urgency in dealing with them. Teams are entirely more likely to thrive when leaders influence belief in the future balance with honest insight into the realities of getting there.

NL.. we have been sensational since August !!!

thin line between them
Well I'm not panicking anyway. I'm aware of the fact that last year they went into the winter break ahead of us off the back of the same fixture. We had to listen for weeks after it how they were coming. And of course we all know how that faired out.
That said, it doesn't get rid of the same sickening feeling I had in my gut this time last year. I will never panic!

Hopefully NL will realise now that the poor performance in the cup game wasn't just down to no Eddy playing and we didn't play sensational either. It's worrying when you hear managers denying the obvious.

Defo no need to panic, but I hope this 'Quiet Confidence' he had prior to todays game has now changed to a 'Lucid Awareness' of what needs to be done. Of course he also need the backing to get it done - ASAP, por favor!

I actually thought Clancy wasn't that bad, but I did expect the worst. Getting a penalty against them could have been a catalyst to them folding, instead it inspired them
It seemed at the start of the second half there were a few decisions in a row that I felt Clancy wrongly gave to them. But I am totally biased so he was probably right with most of them. I hoped the rangers players would lose heart too but they were the ones that fought harder.

Members online

Latest posts

Back