To Whom It May Concern: An open letter to our next manager.

Frank Owen

Dear Sir,
First of all, welcome to our magnificent unique football club. It obviously goes without saying, but I wish you every success.
I have a few simple requests which I respectfully ask you to take onboard.
1..Please be honest with us. We would be more than happy to give you every support, even if you were to be open about your wishes to move on after a period of time.
2..Please refrain from kissing the badge/pumping your chest after every victory. A dignified acknowledgment in gratitude for our support will more than suffice.
3.. Please don't go down the road of telling us of growing up with undying love for our famous jersey.
4.. Just give the job, and our club and supporters the respect that we deserve.
If you abide by these things, and then at some point feel the need to move on, you would do so with our deepest thanks, and a place in our hearts.

Dear Sir,
First of all, welcome to our magnificent unique football club. It obviously goes without saying, but I wish you every success.
1..Please be honest with us. We would be more than happy to give you every support, even if you were to be open about your wishes to move on after a period of time.
2..Please refrain from kissing the badge/pumping your chest after every victory. A dignified acknowledgment in gratitude for our support will more than suffice.
3.. Please don't go down the road of telling us of growing up with undying love for our famous jersey.
If you abide by these things, and then at some point feel the need to move on, you would do so with our deepest thanks, and a place in our hearts.

Bang on mate...which is why we need a Broony type in... someone who wasn't instantly kissing badges...some who grew into his status over time

Spot on Frank.

We don't need a chest pumping manager who "gets the club". I'm not sure Celtic fans will fall for it anymore after BR and now Ange to be fair.
We need a manager, like Ange, who knows his mind and what style he likes to implement. Also, like Ange, we need someone with experience....but the next guy can be from the arse end of nowhere....I don't even care if he has never heard of Celtic...I don't want to hear how he grew up watching us on a black and white telly in a hut in the middle of the desert. He just has to be good at his job!!

By all means, come to celtic and fall in love with the club, it's fans and its history. Many managers and players do. But stick to winning matches and that's it. Keep all the "you'll be surprised how long I'll be here" and "I want to create a legacy" bullshit to yourself. Win the league, do well in Europe and play the Celtic way. That's all that's required. Don't make promises you know you can't or won't keep.

Brown would be the boards cheap option. They would bank on the fans loving him because he "gets it". It's to soon for him. We don't know, yet, what kind of manager he is. He needs more experience IMO.

To be fair....now that its final...losing Ange isn't my biggest concern going forward. I'm more concerned about the players who may follow. Guys like Hart and McGregor, who I don't include in the list of players I think will leave, have said several times, that they'd run through a brick wall for Ange.
Players like Jota, Hatate and CCV, could earn huge amounts of cash in any other league in europe....they have seen Ange walk away from the club he "loved" so easily...I'm genuinely concerned about an exodus of our truly world class players this summer....and with Lawwell back in control of things, with DD breathing down his neck...the replacements being projects scouted by youtube videos 😬😬😬

To be fair....now that its final...losing Ange isn't my biggest concern going forward. I'm more concerned about the players who may follow. Guys like Hart and McGregor, who I don't include in the list of players I think will leave, have said several times, that they'd run through a brick wall for Ange.
Players like Jota, Hatate and CCV, could earn huge amounts of cash in any other league in europe....they have seen Ange walk away from the club he "loved" so easily...I'm genuinely concerned about an exodus of our truly world class players this summer....and with Lawwell back in control of things, with DD breathing down his neck...the replacements being projects scouted by youtube videos 😬😬😬
Our illusion of competition may appear to be downsizing with the departure of Alfie and Kunt (well obviously downsizing in Alfie's case) but they're freeing up a lot of wage revenue and they have been able to recruit some decent players to whom they will be able to add.
A board asleep at the wheel is one thing but a board bent on lining theirs and DD's pockets further could see this as a major summer cash-in opportunity.
Season ticket demand outstrips availability by the thousands. The loyalty of Celtic fans is exploited as a 'weakness' rather than extolled as a virtue. If the board serve up something similar to a Lennonesque car crash season the Celtic fans will need to return the serve.

Dear Sir,
It would also be nice if we could a land a manager who would not jump shop at the first sign of an increase in wages.
To be fair though it must be soul destroying for managers to find that they play against bus parking hammer throwers, week in week out. The joys of Scottish football.
Please let's get this done pronto.

If they don't wanna be here, move em on! It's worked for us over the last 10 years and we have done ok...as long as we don't do the Hun technique of keeping an unhappy player and diminishing his value then we will be fine...there's always players coming through somewhere in the world! We just need to keep our eye on the ball in that regard

Dear Sir,
and if you do a runner in the middle of the night ,you will be found ,you will be shot ,,,,same with your movers

Got me thinking last night maybe CCV is getting sorted in time for a transfer back to spurs they've been offered Harry am shit Maguire ,but could get CCV for much less

Members online

Back