Tony Ralston

Nae input on ANY other threads that’s ongoing, just starts a thread and fecks off…..
Interesting observation on his post, an unusual choice of words “a Tim to BOOT” 🥾 not a good Celtic man, or one of us etc, but as a hun infiltrator he wants to kick him 🤷‍♂️
To boot means to the good, to an advantage, into the bargain, in addition, moreover and so on. Lesson over

Ask me two or three years ago and I would have said that Tony Ralston would be a mid-level journeyman eeking out a living playing for one of the provincials.

In the here and now though, not only does Tony deserve his new contract, he has also become an invaluable member of the squad.

Let's face facts, he's below the required standard to be a regular starter and he lacks the deftness of touch, or the guile to ever be a star performer, but that's semantics really.......the lad is determined, solid, pretty dependable and not scared to leave a bit of meat on a challenge either.

On top of that, he doesn't spit the dummy or go greetin' to the press when he doesn't get a game. His team-mates obviously love the Bhoy and you see the passion he has playing for the jersey.

I believe Tony is a realist. I think he knows he's never going to be known as one of the true legends of our club, but at the end of his career, he's going to have more winners badges than many of those legends and he's going to be sitting in the stands watching the next generation of Celtic stars along with the rest of his fellow fans.

I'm a convert, thought he should have left a while back, but I'm delighted to be proven wrong again. Watching him sing YNWA whilst doing a walking lap of honour on his own was one of those sights to behold and it should put hope in the heart of any young fan that anything is possible with grit and perseverance.

All the best, Tony...... you deserve it all son

I am happy for Ralston. I do think that he has been given a long term extension in anticipation of AJ being sold. He (AJ) could attract serious interest from the EPL. By having Ralston as a good backup we are unlikely to be caught out by the sale of AJ. Still happy to see Ralston in the squad.

I am happy for Ralston. I do think that he has been given a long term extension in anticipation of AJ being sold. He (AJ) could attract serious interest from the EPL. By having Ralston as a good backup we are unlikely to be caught out by the sale of AJ. Still happy to see Ralston in the squad.
If AJ is to be sold then they will have need backup for Tony Ralston. Maybe KT is running down his contract, that would be good.

Didn't rate him at first looked clumsy did the easy things the hard way and at times looked timid basically allowed Morethanuseless walk all over him ,got the chance in Anges first season grabbed hold of it and did well ,feel he will get better allong the way
Good luck Tony you deserved it

Back