Top 5 players you've ever seen wear the hoops

Winter

This thought just came to me a minute ago through another stream about Naka, and it made me think who would I put in that list. I'm still making my list as I post but that's ok. It doesn't have to be in any kind of order nor is it a 5 a sides team just the best 5 youve ever seen wear the hoops. So my obvious 1st Larsson 2 Nakamura 3 VVD 4 and 5 I'm starting to argue with myself (Aye, split personality) Lambert? McGrain? Burns? McGarvey? Keane? Boruc?
So I've quickly realised that this is something that's going to take more than a 5 minutes scribble on a fag packet and I'll reserve back all except Larsson. I am reconsidering VVD as I'm talking about players when they wore the hoops not what they later achieved still VVD could make my final 5 I'llhave to come back to this one HH

This thought just came to me a minute ago through another stream about Naka, and it made me think who would I put in that list. I'm still making my list as I post but that's ok. It doesn't have to be in any kind of order nor is it a 5 a sides team just the best 5 youve ever seen wear the hoops. So my obvious 1st Larsson 2 Nakamura 3 VVD 4 and 5 I'm starting to argue with myself (Aye, split personality) Lambert? McGrain? Burns? McGarvey? Keane? Boruc?
So I've quickly realised that this is something that's going to take more than a 5 minutes scribble on a fag packet and I'll reserve back all except Larsson. I am reconsidering VVD as I'm talking about players when they wore the hoops not what they later achieved still VVD could make my final 5 I'llhave to come back to this one HH
1. King Kenny Dalglish (my hero)
2. Henrik Larsson (everyone who saw him knows why)
3. Jinky Johnstone (he was past his best when I saw him, but still phenomenal)
4. Danny McGrain (what a player - would have been perfect for today's game too)
5. Virgil van Dijk (was head and shoulders above everyone else)

The ones that made me go wow!
Lennox - seemed to score whenever I watched him.
Johnstone - pure joy watching the defenders on their arses.
Dalglish - saw him score 6 early days in a testimonial at Rugby Park. Sealed it.
Henrik - watched him break his leg and was astounded to see him come back stronger.
Lubo - magician, pure and simple.

johnstone ,, magician

Dalglish,, child hood hero

dixie deans ,, my first cup final (72) he scored a hat trick
penalty miss forgiven

Henrik,, Gods son

Sutton ,, Hunskelper gets him in

They could all score the goals

Too many players walked through those parkhead gates and became legends so picking 5 dosen't do it justice

In no particular order ..... Lennox
Nakamura
Larsson
Brown
McStay
on another day three of those could change, but Bobby and Henrik will always make the list.

Members online

Latest posts

Back