tortoise and the hare

Humf

So rangers have got out of the box quickly and actually signed a, “not too bad player”. Should we be worried? Maybe, maybe not! There was a time, especially in the 1990s when for every fiver we spent they spent ten and it showed, but look what happened – hubris! A difference from then is that unlike the 90s, we now have depth. No one wants to get beat, but let’s face it, it had to happen one day and if so, I’m glad it was only by one goal, at their ground and that we are still top of the league. A few months back the Glasgow Evening Times featured their nine in a row (a bit painful to read – but the dust has settled) and I didn’t realise that a few times it was actually quite close. One point or 20, it doesn’t matter as long as we are top at the end of May!
Like a lot of Celtic fans, I don’t believe in blind faith and quite rightly we should question the manager and the board but we are in the driving seat. I was desperate for Ian Wright, Graveson, et al to set the world on light, but they didn’t. Even if Defoe does, I still have faith in our depth, of course that could be tested at a later date, but right now I have faith in the tortoise, the Aussie, KT, Broonie and most of all, Brendan. It’s a long window, the tortoise will come good!

So rangers have got out of the box quickly and actually signed a, “not too bad player”. Should we be worried? Maybe, maybe not! There was a time, especially in the 1990s when for every fiver we spent they spent ten and it showed, but look what happened – hubris! A difference from then is that unlike the 90s, we now have depth. No one wants to get beat, but let’s face it, it had to happen one day and if so, I’m glad it was only by one goal, at their ground and that we are still top of the league. A few months back the Glasgow Evening Times featured their nine in a row (a bit painful to read – but the dust has settled) and I didn’t realise that a few times it was actually quite close. One point or 20, it doesn’t matter as long as we are top at the end of May!
Like a lot of Celtic fans, I don’t believe in blind faith and quite rightly we should question the manager and the board but we are in the driving seat. I was desperate for Ian Wright, Graveson, et al to set the world on light, but they didn’t. Even if Defoe does, I still have faith in our depth, of course that could be tested at a later date, but right now I have faith in the tortoise, the Aussie, KT, Broonie and most of all, Brendan. It’s a long window, the tortoise will come good!
great post mate Hail Hail and welcome!

Well said.

I just try and view it as, would I be happy if we were going out looking at a Defoe when he’s 36? No thanks.

He’s an improvement for them but we are stronger as a unit, we just have to start showing it more consistently.

Good post and welcome we all know how this usually ends
emperors new clothes.jpg

Rangers???? ??? how can dead clubs sign players....you mean sevco of course ?? Great post
HH???

Back