Transfer Round-up (merged)

I personally think we've been bullshitted again by Tory Pete. I think we'll get the usual lip service panic buys/loans at the last minute. I still have serious questions over lennons managerial ability after some of his decision making last night. Ok we got the job done, but why he left certain players on and no need for it is beyond me. That's basic management.
As for boli, he's playing on the left as a left back, when in actual fact he is a winger. Any game he has played in, he has had either Morgan or Johnston in front of him. They do fuck all to help him out. Johnston good to look at going forward, but does fuck all to track back, putting boli under serious pressure. As for Morgan, and have been a fan of his for a while, he's just not cuttin the mustard. Far too easily pushed off the ball and again does fuck all to track back. I just think if boli had anyone in front of him sharing the work load, he would do ok.
Sorry TD. I agree that Mbombo is not a left back but I think he is almost as useless in forward positions. More often than not a fast move will break down on the left when he has the ball. Watch him when he moves further up the park. He almost never wins a one on one which puts us under pressure when he inevitably loses the ball and if he is faced with resistance he will pass back or at best move the ball sideways.

Sorry TD. I agree that Mbombo is not a left back but I think he is almost as useless in forward positions. More often than not a fast move will break down on the left when he has the ball. Watch him when he moves further up the park. He almost never wins a one on one which puts us under pressure when he inevitably loses the ball and if he is faced with resistance he will pass back or at best move the ball sideways.
That's down to confidence. He has been slaughtered for making a few mistakes. Ralston made more than him last night, but not a word of it. I know he was responsible for the penalty, but that was no penalty. Bitton brown and cal Mac made mistakes last night and nothin was said to highlight them. I just think he's being unnecessarily picked on. I'll give him a few months and then judge him.

That's down to confidence. He has been slaughtered for making a few mistakes. Ralston made more than him last night, but not a word of it. I know he was responsible for the penalty, but that was no penalty. Bitton brown and cal Mac made mistakes last night and nothin was said to highlight them. I just think he's being unnecessarily picked on. I'll give him a few months and then judge him.
Nah!

A new (borrowed) Bhoy. Mohamed Elyounoussi from Southampton

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49531965

Read Southampton’s verdict

Well, this one is out of the blue! It’s good to see that Elyounoussi is set to move on, but few would have expected his next destination to be Scotland.

At 25-years-old, he still has his best years ahead of him. He was excellent for Basel but has been a complete flop at Southampton, showing little to no signs of promise during his short stint on English soil.

However, with Celtic set to strengthen their competition for wide places ahead of a hectic remainder of the season, perhaps Elyounoussi will be able to recapture his form from his days in Switzerland.

If he gets game time, and they take him off our wage bill, it’s a win-win for everyone.

Don't agree with those writing off Boli, he has flaws like all defenders and he is no old fashioned left back that's for sure, but he has stand out qualities for me that can be made good and work for Celtic.
Speed and he gives 100%, will never knock anyone who gives the latter.
A player might not be good enough but those like Ntcham and worse the likes of the joke toljan who did not give all every time, toljan jogging around and back as if he was learning the rules, no time for and inexcusable.

Did not think we needed another right back so did not look at the vids of Bauer, but his highlights do show a talent and reading more he can be a possible in midfield, so maybe he can prove to be a real star.
And something we have not had for a long time.

All looks like talent and speed and effort, that's all we want in any signing, but at 1:05 and again 1:14 now that is something we should utilize as that skill is something quite special and will scare any team.
If he starts we should go for it every time, catch the zombies by surprise from half way with a long throw to a Eddie on the run against slower defenders.

Last edited:
I’d play Bauer at RB and Ajer at LB or the other way round. Boli is their ace in the hole. He makes too many errors, always on the wrong side of the attacker and can’t tackle.

Not his fault if he plays though. Shambles of a transfer window will be the main issue. The boy just isn’t a defender.

Bolingoli is the new Efe, I have been watching him and whilst i admire his effort i cannot deny his errors. Frequently gets wrong side of an attacker then attempts to tackle, most of these experienced guys know this and duly take a tumble, as we seen the other night resulting in the penalty.
I used to read post after post praising Efe for, as they put it, 'he never hides'. So fucking what, i was glad to see the back of him too.

BBC reporting failed Taylor bid but there's still a good few hours between now and game time let alone Monday. Taylor still listed as 'hamstring doubt' regards playing today.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49527957
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49514632
I think Killie really want our money for Taylor but are desperate to hold out until after we've played Newco (for whatever reason ?). I think they already have a replacement in for him so can afford to wait until later on Sunday or Monday before selling him to us.

I think Killie really want our money for Taylor but are desperate to hold out until after we've played Newco (for whatever reason ?). I think they already have a replacement in for him so can afford to wait until later on Sunday or Monday before selling him to us.
Yeah looks like they have resigned themselves to relegation and have no interest in reinvesting the money in a forward. Probably some financial type on the board salivating with an envious eye on PL's bonus. Changed times since Jackie McNamara was hounded out of Dundee United.

Got sent this. Hearing it’s done. But, I’ve heard a lot of shit this window. Would have preferred Melling but Peter prefers bargains. Good players or not, if it’s true I would start him. Too important to consider player feelings if dropped. If they looked like they could do a job under pressure they would have nothing to worry about. The fact he would be considered to start sums up the utter ballsup we’ve made of recruitment. Again.

Attachments

• 9913056F-CD40-4C03-AFDE-12E7A82B53AF.jpeg
    9913056F-CD40-4C03-AFDE-12E7A82B53AF.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 16
3m for Taylor
wtf
he isn't worth of the price, at least for now
He doesn't have euro experience nor magnificent talent just somehow a mediocre player
it's a risk in Europe

Unlike most posters, I am concerned at the number of transfers in and out. We have signed about 9 new players and brought back Svhed and Morgan. We do still need a LB but thats it as far as I are concerned. Too many new faces endangers the 10 and new players need time to settle.

Did we really need another winger or loan? Did we need a 4th Goalie? Connell has rarely figured, why was he signed?

all the new players need games and deserve a chance but this rarely helps results.

We also have players like Hendry, Miller etc who rarely play and who need to be loaned out

Ah well, shows I know nowt and was talking out of my arse again!

Multiple reports that Taylor is currently undergoing his medical. A good prospect who I always thought we would buy but wish it had happened weeks ago. Still would have liked Birger Meling as our replacement for KT with Taylor as back-up.

Still don't know why the fans accept these crimes of the board
We should have spent 15mil for a decent replacement
When you pay as a fan and the board snatch your money away I wonder why you have to even pay again for them

3m for Taylor
wtf
he isn't worth of the price, at least for now
He doesn't have euro experience nor magnificent talent just somehow a mediocre player
it's a risk in Europe

I’d have paid 5 million for him and worth every penny... this guys only 21, came on against Belgium and looked at home.. was excellent in games against us and the huns, he’s a better defender than anything we have with the exception of Ajer..

Back