Transfer Round-up (merged)

I agree it’s a hard sell if you’re trying for players who have options to go to better leagues. Our market is players who see us as a stepping stone to England or other top five leagues.

CL is vital and being so you would think getting in good players playing in other shitty leagues would be more likely to sign. Trying to get English players to me is a complete waste of time as they can earn more at Barnsley.

Prices and wages need to reflect the market, we can’t match bigger leagues so trying leaves us without players and time to scout elsewhere.

We are in the 3rd round now and Lenny’s hopes of the plYers he wanted now hasn’t happened. My fear is in trying to save a few bob we kiss £60m goodbye. Started in a flurry which we all loved but it’s starting to look like every window now. Too much time spent wasted on English based players. It’s like going into a Ferrari showroom with enough money to buy a Lada.

And should we not being doing more to keep the likes KT and not selling on so our chances in the CL are better.

I understand that it would be big money for him but still we can’t compete with these other big money leagues. I don’t have an answer but it’s just totally unfair system and all happened because of big television rights. Remember when the games were every Saturday at 3pm and a Wednesday midweek we all knew when the games were on. simple but nothing so easy nowadays.

And should we not being doing more to keep the likes KT and not selling on so our chances in the CL are better.

I understand that it would be big money for him but still we can’t compete with these other big money leagues. I don’t have an answer but it’s just totally unfair system and all happened because of big television rights. Remember when the games were every Saturday at 3pm and a Wednesday midweek we all knew when the games were on. simple but nothing so easy nowadays.

Kieran is obviously interested in going. I’m gutted at that and a wee bit dissapponted that he wants away. The only reason he will stay is if the board don’t accept a bid.

We need quality, so far Julien and the jury is out on the rest. If we do get money for selling our best players o doubt very much we will reinvest it. It will be class goes competent at best in. We lost out on Sawyers for £3m after all the bollocks about him. Lawell wants top Dollar but never pays it.

Another player stalled yesterday, absolutely the wages. It will be the same team
As last year with Hatem and Julien, the only exceptions. Whoever we bring in will be there to share the burden because if anybody thinks Lawell will pay for class after spending £8m on Julien they must be on the glue.

Time we put buy out clauses into players contracts. Clearly we have learned little from selling VVD, Dembele etc so cheaply..ok a wee % of sell on fees.But nothing like real value. Put KT available at £50m, he can get 5% Similar deals for Christie, MacGregor, Eddie. Our league is better than dross of Championship, similar to Dutch, Portugese. So price them accordingly.
McBurnie more valuable than Dembele bloody madness....make them pay or naff off.

Ask fora Chelsea, Liverppol, Man City reserve player and they will start at £20m

Mark Hill's sudden recall means that we might soon lose either one or both Simonuvich and Ajer. Our CB 's for the start of September might be Julien Hill and Bitton. We lost Moussa at the end of the window and there's no reason why this will not repeat in August.

Mark Hill's sudden recall means that we might soon lose either one or both Simonuvich and Ajer. Our CB 's for the start of September might be Julien Hill and Bitton. We lost Moussa at the end of the window and there's no reason why this will not repeat in August.

Let’s hope even Lawell wouldn’t allow that. If he does, then he needs chased. I can’t see it though.

I think if Leicester want Ajer it should be £25 million and a 20% sell on fee because of his age OR £18 mil + sell on and include Benkovic as part payment. I also believe we need another RB and LB. How about Gumny, Meling and the Serbian bhoy that Lenny watched in Wales last week?

Back