Transfer Rumours

Maybe so. I have no idea if he will or won't. He's only scored 4 goals in what is coming on to two years at Bournemouth (he must be laughing all the way to the bank), but you can never tell with players who used to be quality. He might have a field day up here in terms of goals, or he might be huge flop. But my point is that there is an alternative to both potentially over the hill players and players, like Weah, who have loads of talent that is yet to be developed. I wouldn't have wanted Defoe anywhere near Celtic personally at this point in his career.

He wouldn’t be my first choice. But, when have we ever got our first choice. I agree with you that he may have a field day. I also feel that the project and Bayo will be behind him in goal return.

Fucking projects. Weah on his YouTube evidence was great at getting into positions to miss from.

Celtic and their spivs mentality regarding bringing in quality, is so fucking infuriating. But mostly makes you feel totally let down. I am not a fan of Lawell or any other on our board. If they let us down again the emotion will be hate. Unbridled fucking hate.

Celtic and their spivs mentality regarding bringing in quality, is so fucking infuriating. But mostly makes you feel totally let down. I am not a fan of Lawell or any other on our board. If they let us down again the emotion will be hate. Unbridled fucking hate.

If they fuck up 8-in-a-row due to their transfer policy, anyone who doesn't hate them (assuming they don't already) is beyond help.

Pl and the whole board should not be near our club not one of them has the ethos of our club at heart and going by recent years displays they couldn’t care less about the fans all about the share and money to be earned for themselves and well all keep going and doing nothing and they know it I used to love going to the games for the entertainment and atmosphere I feel as if we’re losing both at the game slowly but surely they’ll weed out any connection of our club to its origins as that’s what the board wants you must be blind if you can’t see it

Boyata can sign a pre contract and go fir nothing at the end of the season,only if a club is desperate for him now would we get a fee. Don't see a bidding war unfortunately. Hopefully we can unearth similar quality or better.
Defoe and Davis will be on top wages, sure to unsettle the rest of the players....wouldn't take either. Ian Wright was going to score for fun up here...flopped.

Just because his agent talks the way he does, doesn't mean we should pay attention. These characters are only looking after no.1 and couldn't give a rubber duck about what's best for their client.
I couldn't really give a rubber duck for his client, never mind the agent. If he is back to Bombscare Boyata and he wants to go anyway, my only concern is that Celtic gets something back for all the wasted wages such as Saturday and AEK.

If they fuck up 8-in-a-row due to their transfer policy, anyone who doesn't hate them (assuming they don't already) is beyond help.

I am in my mid-50s, if we don´t clinch title 8- and then 9- and then 10-in-a-row during this run then another opportunity may not happen in my lifetime. It is astounding that little has been made of the fact that our original bid for Bayo was significantly smaller that Lawwell´s bonus. As you say, if they screw this up from our position of economic strength and the superiority of our ´A´ team then those who still back the Board need taken to task as much as the Board itself.
The issue is not only about our player recruitment, nor even the tepid support for our manager, the fact that the Board pays scant regard to the fans and does little to protect our players (bus attack / sexual assault on the pitch) are just as important.......they are letting us all down in many different areas.

Last edited:
I still think we should’ve taken the £9m for Boyata...I suppose the only problem would’ve been spending some of that money ?
We should have had a definite answer long before he went to the world cup,stay or go,no new contract signed by Feb let's say,then look for a replacement and punt him that summer.Thats what you call planning,definitely not our strong point

KDS rumour, manager not happy, wanted 3 in for Dubai trip, Weah deal been waiting conclusion since before Xmas. Sounds like Lawwell fanning about as usual.

Heard a guy on talk radio yesterday He’s a sports psychologist who had worked for some big English clubs He said that people outside a club— fans, pundits etc — think they know what goes on inside a club but really they know about 10 % of it . That rings true to me and that is why I don’t take all this anti board stuff seriously We don’t know what goes on and can only go on results On that basis, club record domestically is superb so board gets top marks for that. Europe has been poor but we can see the financial problem there if we want to compete

Instead of bickering about an extra £ 0.5m or whatever with this Slovak club why don't we offer them a couple of players on loan for 6-18 months. Help them get over losing a good player and gives our young talent top flight experience - win win ??

Instead of bickering about an extra £ 0.5m or whatever with this Slovak club why don't we offer them a couple of players on loan for 6-18 months. Help them get over losing a good player and gives our young talent top flight experience - win win ??

I think all of that about what they want and what we offer is just rumour, gossip and downright meeja mince. I don't for a minute believe that any club would let their financial dealings out of the bag until a deal is either done or not.

Heard a guy on talk radio yesterday He’s a sports psychologist who had worked for some big English clubs He said that people outside a club— fans, pundits etc — think they know what goes on inside a club but really they know about 10 % of it . That rings true to me and that is why I don’t take all this anti board stuff seriously We don’t know what goes on and can only go on results On that basis, club record domestically is superb so board gets top marks for that. Europe has been poor but we can see the financial problem there if we want to compete
Agree we don't know what really goes on and maybe find out about a small proportion. The domestic record is starting to slide though so board, manager and players need to do what they need to do to get back to full performance.

Yes I agree, it is starting to slide Tge club needs to act now But as fans we need to appreciate how much has been done to achieve this success so far and how difficult it is for any club at any level to maintain this trophy winning streak. I was at Lisbon with the London No 1 supporters’ club and saw many other famous victories but these last few seasons have surely been the best time ever to be a Celtic fan. We should remember and appreciate this while going on with constructive criticism

Members online

Latest posts

Back