UEFA Moves the goalposts on VAR

Brimcbhoy

So I'm reading that UEFA (not EUFA) have changed their decision and are to introduce VAR beginning in the knockout stages of this years Europa League. Could it have anything to do with one of their own Europa certified Referees making a clusterfuck of bad decisions in our last game against Rennes. Wrongly red carding Bayo and wrongly ignoring a clear penalty when Christie was fouled in the box. Rennes were also on the end of a few bad decisions to be fair.
For whatever reason we've got it. WHY just from the knockout stages i don't know, they should just bring it straight in, in the next game.
They have also announced their third Competition will be called, wait for it, The Europa Conference League. 'Conference' League FFS who the fuck wants to be in any kind of 'Conference' League. Daft bastards.

I've also just read that unless Scotland moves up the coefficient rankings to 15th minimum, we will lose out on the 3 Europa League places we get at the moment and go into this Conference League qualifiers.
Seems to me the idea that so called smaller nations are being gradually sieved out of the top competitions. The greedy rich clubs want to grab more and more of the wealth on the game. Whilst they steal our young talent and we all become just feeder clubs to keep them at the top. I've already heard fans mocking 'Thursday night football'. Spoilt basturds sprang to mind.
I cannot see how the smaller nations clubs will ever rise through the ranks barring being bought by a billionaire.

Back