VAR in Scotland

The SFA have already explained to day that it will cost £1,000,000 per year to have VAR set up on every SPL ground.
I have no doubt this has frightened the smaller clubs in the SPL especially when they are finding it hard enough now to survive without an added headache of having to find another £85,000 which will not return them one penny..
The SFA have never had any intentions to bring VAR to Scotland,I think VAR would be an embarresment to them,it will definitely show the standard of refereeeing in this country is well below par, it will also show the cheating which cannot now be covered up,,the SFA will know the whole of football will be watching especially EUFA..
VAR will be at Parkhead in February,lets reserve judgement until we see it for ourselves..

HH.

The scrutiny applied to Celtic will go off the charts.....everything we do will become contentious because the MIB will micro manage every aspect of our play.....the same degree of scrutiny will simply not be applied to those we play against.....you can take that to the bank

Last edited:
Apparently tonight in the Scotsman,SFA ,are to ask all teams re implementation of VAR,and hoping for some sort of vote April 20,?
Well slippy May get his wish ,but,does he REALLY relish var ,how can the mib ignore the actions of a certain one in camera recording, and instantly, be interesting ,Hh
If you introduce VAR then you can forget about referees and their assistants. Football will be policed by nameless ( and blameless ) officials using video technology based in the nearest Masonic lodge to the game.
Games will take four hours as every decision against the manky mob will need be scrutinised to ensure the "proper" action is taken.
VAR, you can stick it up your arse. In my humble opinion.

I think it will be a good thing, it will stop a lot of honest mistakes because it will be their for all to see.
I'm first to admit it has teething problems in the EPL but once they fine tune it, it should be fine.
In Oz they use it in the ruby league and they have it down to a fine art, decissions are shown on big screen and the ref in the booth explains his decission. Hole thing takes less that a minute. The only thing that can stop us getting to 10 in a row is their crooked Refs and I'm hopeful this could be the answer.

Members online

Latest posts

Back