Vintage Euro

Robbyp

I recently read an article by someone (can't remember who) who claimed that whilst playing second fiddle to the financially superior but increasingly tedious Champion's League, The Europa Cup, is becoming a throw back to the exciting and often unpredictable European nights that we loved at Celtic Park. I have to agree. This I am warming to this competition and not just because Celtic are doing well in it. Personally, I have become bored by the whole predictable and corrupt nature of the CL. It seems to me that the EL is the place to go now. What say you?

Agree that the likes of Barca and Real are a step above us. We have had some doings over the years but there has been the ecstasy of CL nights like the ones where we beat Man U and Barca. With the difference in income. we have to thank God there is an EL to fall into. Just a pity that it doesn't generate the same amount of money.

I recently read an article by someone (can't remember who) who claimed that whilst playing second fiddle to the financially superior but increasingly tedious Champion's League, The Europa Cup, is becoming a throw back to the exciting and often unpredictable European nights that we loved at Celtic Park. I have to agree. This I am warming to this competition and not just because Celtic are doing well in it. Personally, I have become bored by the whole predictable and corrupt nature of the CL. It seems to me that the EL is the place to go now. What say you?
Agree Robby,europa seem's to be more of a level playing field,though ye have tae punch above yer weight sometimes, but at least you have a chance to punch above yer weight, unlike the bloated fix that is the champion's league,some people might point out Ajax last season,but that was akin to leicester winnin the epl!

Agree that the likes of Barca and Real are a step above us. We have had some doings over the years but there has been the ecstasy of CL nights like the ones where we beat Man U and Barca. With the difference in income. we have to thank God there is an EL to fall into. Just a pity that it doesn't generate the same amount of money.
Accordin tae smsm Shamrock,the scum have trousered nearly £15 mill, with their "awesome" displays in Europe! 😸 😸😸😸

I said back in the summer that I'd rather have a nice run in the Europa League than get pumped again in the CL to bring a bit of international pride back and we've achieved that.
The CL performances under the 🐍 were by and large embarrassing, the only good thing about it was the revenue it brought in.
I think under Lennon we'd be far better equipped for the CL than we were under the 🐍, so bring it on next year.
Shame that there's such a difference in financial rewards between CL and EL, fair enough make the CL 2 or 3 times more lucrative but not 10 times!

Back