Way out there

Religion gives a solution to the questions that we would otherwise be unable to answer
it’s down to the individual to believe or have faith in those answers
Very much so sir. My Dad and I had many conversations about this before he passed. When he joined the AA 23 years ago, he returned to his religion, that he'd previously given up on, not long after. His most important possession was a crucifix on a chain his sister had given him, like fucking ages before. He was fully aware that I'm not particularly religious, but he still told my mum that I was to have it. I don't believe he was trying to make me return to our religion. I believe that he knew that there would be times when I needed him and through that I would get the comfort that he got. I don't wear it a lot, but I do when I need him. I'll take that!

p.s. my original observation was a bit tongue in cheek but I genuinely wonder how it all started, I reckon those of us that can't run for fifty mph and take down a buffalo or just protect who we care about needed a way to fight back against those that could.

Very much so sir. My Dad and I had many conversations about this before he passed. When he joined the AA 23 years ago, he returned to his religion, that he'd previously given up on, not long after. His most important possession was a crucifix on a chain his sister had given him, like fucking ages before. He was fully aware that I'm not particularly religious, but he still told my mum that I was to have it. I don't believe he was trying to make me return to our religion. I believe that he knew that there would be times when I needed him and through that I would get the comfort that he got. I don't wear it a lot, but I do when I need him. I'll take that!

p.s. my original observation was a bit tongue in cheek but I genuinely wonder how it all started, I reckon those of us that can't run for fifty mph and take down a buffalo or just protect who we care about needed a way to fight back against those that could.
When you wear that cross yer dads with yi ☘️
Ach dinae worry, I don’t take myself too seriously… clearly and kinda set myself up for a ribbing

I question everything, especially the things nobody can really answer.
There’s god knows how many years before us and we’ll never fully know what’s went before or what’s to come
Fascinating as feck

When you wear that cross yer dads with yi ☘️
Ach dinae worry, I don’t take myself to serioudd so my… clearly and kinda set myself up for a ribbing
I question everything, especially the things nobody can really answer.
There’s god knows how many years before us and we’ll never fully know what’s went before or what’s to come
Fascinating as feck
Thanks mate. I question everything, even the questions I'm asking! Can make for a long night sometimes, and it is truly fascinating. Always take time to appreciate the now and those around us. Your original post had that too STg-L💚

Existentialist thoughts!!!

Salutations ma mhan…..what do you make of Nikola Tesla and the numbers 3, 6, 9?…
Tesla was way ahead of his time. But he didn't suit the money men of the time and they done everything to discredit and destroy him.
He died a lonely man in the new yorker hotel and after his death, a lot of his papers were confiscated.
One of the many things he discovered was free energy. Something he wanted to give to the whole world, but that was suppressed after his death for obvious reasons.

Tesla was way ahead of his time. But he didn't suit the money men of the time and they done everything to discredit and destroy him.
He died a lonely man in the new yorker hotel and after his death, a lot of his papers were confiscated.
One of the many things he discovered was free energy. Something he wanted to give to the whole world, but that was suppressed after his death for obvious reasons.

Albert Einstein when being praised as a genius, stated that Nikola Tesla was the true genius…

I like Brian Cox theory, regarding the meaning of life.

We are here so that the universe can explore and make sense of itself.
All the elements that created the planets and, in turn, life that exists or may exist on them, was created in the cores of early stars. The stars died, exploding the elements into the universe....by some miracle of science, in our little part of the vast universe, these element bonded together, a planet was born and on it grew life that, in turn, could explore and verify the existence of the universe we live in.

The meaning of life is a way for the universe to prove to itself that it actually exists 😁

Its fair to say my maw told me when my youngest was born.
You never get 2 the same…..

In my case she was spot on, I call my daughters, chalk and cheese or Barbie and Ken
One is the girliest girl ever, the other will only shop in the bhoys section for clothes despite being the most affectionate soul i have the luck to experience.
Each has a smattering of our personalities each, theyre only 6 & 8, but my enjoyment comes from watching them develop free of influence

I have a wee Saturday night tonight in preparation for the invasion of youth tomorrow.
I was sitting earlier, peace pipe out and a few JD’s, watching the NASA press conference from today

I love the fact we know feck all about how we came to be on Earth etc.
It fascinates me where other people are on this issue and the bullshit theories some have

But the guy from NASA today says, pretty much
'do I think there is life out there…..yes
The universe at least extends to at least 13.8 billion light years away and there are dots we can see that are actually galaxies that contain billions of planets/stars within them, billions of galaxies with billions of planets….'

He actually said, he asked the scientists to work out the probability that there’s another life bearing planet like ours
The answer he got from them was in their estimation, there are likely a trillion planets like ours out there

I’ll roll a number to that 😊

Which leads me to an interesting conversation I had with my pal the other night, the meaning of life, the point….

I kinda stumbled on the idea a long time ago…. The whole point of everything is creation….
If God whatever he is created Earth, the one thing we, animals, mammals, plants etc have in common is we all recreate.
Sure we do other things but going back to primitive times, hunted to eat and survive but recreated, its ingrained into us.
Early man wasn’t born with an instruction booklet, how to, but the equipment was there and the urge to pump is inbuilt.
You see it in nature too, everything recreates, ffs some things live a day and the whole point of that day is to mate.
Jeez, I think its the male pray mantis who will mate knowing its odds on they're going to get fecking eaten alive, but canni resist

So under the foggy dew of a plume of smoke and overwhelmed by the illness of an open mind, it got me wondering

My kids are the result of my DNA mixing with another nutters DNA and creating a child.
So my daughters are a result of that DNA mix.
So, If I was with someone else, the outcome would have been someone else completely.
We might still be together but that’s a different story 😊

The fact there are so many of us on this planet, yet we are all so unique is quite something.
Sure lots of us have similar traits but there really are no 2 identical humans, inbred huns excluded.
So, back on point, my thinking was, only me and the looney could have created what we have living, walking and talking in front of our very eyes.
Like most things in science, our DNA can be broken down into a sequence of numbers so great that its unique, and recreating mixes those numbers and produces a set of numbers that end in a mix that scientifically can’t be predicted.

So more pondering, kids are special to us all, but the chances of each of my kids being born are by the laws of probability incomprehensible.
A step further, the chances of me and their mother meeting by chance the way we did …..
Being stoned, you take it even further……if that’s the chances of them being born as they are are huge, what were the chances of my folks meeting..
Then you can go down the wormhole, their parents, parents of their parents etc.

How far back we go is insane and then I get to the question, over the hundreds of years, if any single person was different in that cycle was different……. It wouldn’t be me typing this shite…… the very chances of any of us being as we are presently are surely fucking impossible to quantify……. Or maybe everything happens for a reason

I'm not sure theres a point here, other than, I’ll sleep now that I’ve removed these thoughts from my brain.

But, I expect several things to happen when I wake up tomorrow:
  1. I’ll be hungover to fuck;
  2. Once the initial pain subsides, I’ll vaguely remember posting something on the noise;
  3. Upon logging in, I’ll have a ton of notifications and shit myself about WTF I said
  4. Dr Fis will have reached out offering to write me a prescription or recommending a local asylum
  5. TET will have several replies, attempting to solve the probability questions raised and ending blaming SKY and EPL wages;
  6. A new thread will appear on Swallow Swallow blaming Big Jock then questioning my theories as a result of inbreeding
There I’ve said it, fuck knows what right enough and fuck knows where this will go

Are we alone, is there an answer to the big questions, is God real, am i fucking mental..........

PS If any of you need LED lights, I’ve a load for sale, restricted to sets of words, ALONE, NOT, ARE, WE, FTQ
Excellent post stg keep er lite.

Back