What’s the point in these Flares

I like watching them go off, think it adds to the atmosphere, albeit I agree about it being stupid them throwing it on to the pitch and disrupting the game.

I love the green brigade; they remind me of the old days in the jungle terraces but some of them think they’re bigger than the club and that’s just goin too far

Celtic Forever said: "but some of them think they’re bigger than the club and that’s just goin too far"

Don't know about the jungle. I've lost count of the amount of drunk pissheads just releasing themselves and being stuck standing in a flow of urine as a result. But yes, they think they are bigger than the club. For one they are aware that the majority of real fans oppose it for all the issues raised so far in regards to health, safety and the potential for sanctions being imposed on the club. But those responsible just continue to do it. Effectively imposing the will of the minority on the majority, (where have we experienced that before). I did have a conversation with a smoke bomb thrower once, who sits in the Green Brigade section - whether or not he's in the GB, I don't know. An adolescent in first year at Uni whose mummy and daddy buy his season ticket for him and otherwise haven't a clue what their wonderful son gets up to when he goes to the games. Little selfish t@ssers like that stand to tarnish our good name - but the truth is they couldn't give a f@ck anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would like a definition of " real fans " seems it fits anyone's point of view. Its always used by authority

Would like a definition of " real fans " seems it fits anyone's point of view. Its always used by authority
My non authoritative understanding of real fans are those who respect the values of the club, the opinion and wishes or the majority of supporters and aren't out for their own childish agenda. Not those who just go "F@ck it - let's do our own thing regardless. The club can just pay the fines and absorb the reputational damage."

Last edited by a moderator:

If you can watch a game without knots in your stomach ,
if you can shop while the game is on ,
if you can eat before playing the Sevco ,
if you can sleep after a bad result ,
if you can ignore the criticism of your club from non-entities ,
if you can happily go on holiday during the season ,
if you can accept that E and B and T are just three letters of the alphabet and nothing more ,
if you think that 'honest mistakes' are just honest mistakes ,
if you think that BDJ is a football pundit ,

...if you believe all these things my son - then you are no Celtic fan ..and no son of mine . Get out !

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back