What about 2 up front on wednesday

Its a pity Bayo isn't fit yet as I'd have picked him up front with Griff. As Niall said, maybe risky starting both Eduoard and Leigh with their injury track records, so I'd be tempted to start Mikey J insead of Eddy. Think the fast fluid interplay of MJ, Christie, CalMac, JF and Morgan would scare the bejeezuz out of the opposition.

I'd also be tempted to 'rest' Broony to avoid the risk of any unnecessary bookings if they start putting the boot in again (although you could rightly argue his presence might stop us being bullied).

For the Sarajevo game we simply have to avoid a 3-0 defeat. That's the only score (or worse) that puts us out. If we score then they still need three goals in the ninety minutes to go to extra time. If we score two goals then that puts us up 5-1 on aggregate and they need to get four goals. Thus we need to keep a clean sheet most of all and if we can win the tie by halftime we could let some of our subs relish playing Champions league football.

Last year Eddy and Moussa looked dynamite playing together. Eddy and Griff is a different combination, but I think we should give it a go in some games. Wednesday would seem a good opportunity. I don’t doubt though that come the third and fourth games we might look at this as a risk.

If Lenny wants us to be more dynamic then that all depends on having a midfield capable of supplying good service to both strikers. If they are being over run in the middle that would or could be more difficult.

Let’s see who Lenny picks. It will tell us what he’s thinking.

Back