What did you like and what could we have done better v the mini Huns

Imatim

For me we didn't impose ourselves enough in the first half. We are playing at about 60% capacity imo.

We need another strong player in midfield who can also play a bit and dictate things.

Another striker is needed to put pressure on the forwards. Thoughts?

In the 1st half we moved the ball too slow and were reluctant to shoot

In second half little to moan about

Only had a chance to see the highlights this morning as the in-laws were over during the weekend.

Hearts got away with 3-0. Without the clearances and their goalie pulling off the saves he managed that had 5 or 6 nil written all over it.

I'm hoping that Christie can make the step up and that he's ready to crack on and assert himself. I'm interested if he can make the same impact at Celtic this time with a better calibre of player than when he was at Aberdeen.

One second half doesn't prove this so I hope Brendan will find a place to fit him in to one of many systems that we should have depending on the opponent. It's time he done a Callum McGregor he's been with us long enough and I hope now he can do the business.

For me the game changed with the subs. Kouassi was doing ok but he, along with a few others, was guilty of stray passing going straight to opposition players. He injured himself with an awkward landing. When CalMac went into his position we looked more assured. The supersub was no doubt Christie. It was Pen a and he got the 2nd too but well done JF for making sure and the 3rd was a thing of beauty.

Last edited:
Difficult game to analyse in the context of the season.

It was very much a one-off, shaped by events; who would have thought before kick-off our two subs would be the game-changing match-winners?

What we did do very well was drag ourselves out from a tepid first half where we looked hesitant, to a swashbuckling second-half where, much like Sincy, we cast aside recent inhibitions and went for the jugular; seemed to lose some fear and gain some grit.

As a whole, the team adjusted tactics and shape well to accommodate the changes and ultimately play those Hun Replicants off the park.

So it's probably more of a testimony to the Lennoxtown coaching work than anything else.

Things I took from it:

Sincy's rousing display - self-belief and arrogance is all that's stopping him being one of the best attacking wide-men we've ever seen.

Christie - looks like he knows it's his time to make his mark or ship out to a lesser side. And he's going about it in exactly the right way. Could be this season's bonus from within.

Kouassi - there's something good about his onfield demeanour- has a bit of Broony-esque steel about him; no idea what the problem is off the park. Looked displeased to be subbed yesterday despite the knee-buckle; a good sign. I hope he gets the run of games to prove his worth or not; last season's performance against Zenit in tandem with Broon was our highlight.

Obviously, he was taken off yesterday partly due to injury but mostly, I suspect, to save him from a raping by nad-fondling ex-Deidco pervert Steven 'BBC' McLean.

Back