What is your favourite Celtic memory ?

Hoopy427

I dont mean what was our greatest achievement, but if you were in the front row at Lisbon 1967 and shook big Billy's hand kudos to you, if I had a prize I'd give it to you. I mean a Celtic moment where you just lost it with happiness. For me it was beating Man Utd 2006, I ran across the room and jumped on my unsuspecting English wife, I don't think she's ever recovered!

Quite a few in the
70s

Love street 86
lost ma trainer didn't care

1988 all alone on the sydney to manly ferry didn't know
the score of the cup final cause i was at sea found a newspaper and in a wee tiny section it gave the score dundee utd 1-celtic 2 jumped around like a dafty alone on the night ferry

9 8
The day we stopped the ten
when i had my health i had a seat in the top tier north stand fkn cracker of a seat (nephew has it now) when Boyd got the ball and sent McNamara on his way everyone on and around me were on there feet when Harold shind it in i ended 2 rows in front great day and great way to stop the ten

Quite a few in the
70s

Love street 86
lost ma trainer didn't care

1988 all alone on the sydney to manly ferry didn't know
the score of the cup final cause i was at sea found a newspaper and in a wee tiny section it gave the score dundee utd 1-celtic 2 jumped around like a dafty alone on the night ferry

9 8
The day we stopped the ten
when i had my health i had a seat in the top tier north stand fkn cracker of a seat (nephew has it now) when Boyd got the ball and sent McNamara on his way everyone on and around me were on there feet when Harold shind it in i ended 2 rows in front great day and great way to stop the ten
Love street 86 lost ma trainer didn't care! Love it! ?

I have a few:

1977 - winning the league at Easter Road just before King Kenny left us. I was a wee bhoy and loved the bedlam

2004 - Sutton's last minute chip to complete the green & whitewash. Thought the stand was going to buckle.

2008 - JvoH scoring the injury time winner against Deidco to give us a chance to snatch the league. A shear moment of joy and madness as the ball crossed the line!

2012 - the night the world's greatest club beat the world's greatest team. Celtic 2 Barca 1 when we celebrated our 125th birthday.

If push comes to shove then I think I'll plump for the Barca win as my greatest moment. I was hoarse for a week afterwards.

Leeds United right in the middle of Celtic end at Hampden European cup semi-final 1970 whit a night Battle of Britain .Daily Express journalist Desmond Hackett at the time, (the great Leeds United Don Revie’s were really a great team at the time,Billy Bremner Norman (Bites your legs) Hunter, Jonny Giles ,Alan Clark, Mick Jones, Terry Cooper English international said a few days later that Jiinky ran him ragged that night ).actually said he would eat his Bowler hat if Celtic could beat Leeds,at the time that was his trademark, talk about humble pie plus we had wee Bertie and Bobby M , oh happy ? days memories never to be forgotten,forever in Green 10iar h.h

I have a few:

1977 - winning the league at Easter Road just before King Kenny left us. I was a wee bhoy and loved the bedlam

2004 - Sutton's last minute chip to complete the green & whitewash. Thought the stand was going to buckle.

2008 - JvoH scoring the injury time winner against Deidco to give us a chance to snatch the league. A shear moment of joy and madness as the ball crossed the line!

2012 - the night the world's greatest club beat the world's greatest team. Celtic 2 Barca 1 when we celebrated our 125th birthday.

If push comes to shove then I think I'll plump for the Barca win as my greatest moment. I was hoarse for a week afterwards.

Only following Celtic for one season so far, my so-called "memories" are significantly limited. Despite watching a ton of YouTube videos (and having watched the entire '67 European Cup game eight times so far), my favourite memory of a game actually watched kickoff to final whistle was when Scott Brown won the league at Rugby Park.

broony.jpg

Michael, we were a a lot of the same games, back in the day
So many memories, but Leeds Utd at Hampden was special
Huge crowd, and when the final whistle went I was standing next to a good looking wee burd, who jumped into my arms and we had a wee winch
Never seen her before or afterwards, as my feet never touched the ground on the way out,being carried by the crowd was also another memory that sticks with you, at big games
Wonder is she's ever thought about that game in the same way ;-)
Playing Rangers back in the day and a beer can lands beside big Tommy Gemmell as he was about to take a throw in, he stops, puts the ball down, picks up the can and gestures to the HUNS for an opener
Baing at the European Cup Final in Milan and all the memories that go along with that, even the fact we lost, didn't stop us from enjoyng ourselves
My highlight though is partying with the Lions and meeting Kathleen Murdoch and Bobby's daughter, young Kathleen and giving them my shirt, which commemorated her Dad being Born a Mortal...Died a LEGEND
So many memories for all of us, it's hard to pick just one
I'm all cheered up now
Thanks Bhoys & Ghirls
HH

Last edited:
I
Michael, we were a a lot of the same games, back in the day
So many memories, but Leeds Utd at Hampden was special
Huge crowd, and when the final whistle went I was standing next to a good looking wee burd, who jumped into my arms and we had a wee winch
Never seen her before or afterwards, as my feet never touched the ground on the way out,being carried by the crowd was also another memory that sticks with you, at big games
Wonder is she's ever thought about that game in the same way ;-)
Playing Rangers back in the day and a beer can lands beside big Tommy Gemmell as he was about to take a throw in, he stops, puts the ball down, picks up the can and gestures to the HUNS for an opener
Baing at the European Cup Final in Milan and all the memories that go along with that, even the fact we lost, didn't stop us from enjoyng ourselves
My highlight though is partying with the Lions and meeting Kathleen Murdoch and Bobby's daughter, young Kathleen and giving them my shirt, which commemorated her Dad being Born a Mortal...Died a LEGEND
So may memories for all of us, it's hard to pick just one
I'm all cheered up now
Thanks Bhoys & Ghirls
HH
Wobderful memories thank you Gilligaf

Members online

Latest posts

Back