What we need to do....

Docco

Aside from the documented board failings, the management shortcomings and other issues, we have what we have until the end of the season ....There is a league to be won and the double is certainly not out with our own hands

So what do we do??
It's clear we don't have the wingers to play the Ange way and teams are ready for the byeline cut backs and inverted full backs that were so successful under the previous manager. So what do we do?? Simple , we revert to a 3:5:2 and ditch out and out wingers....we are simply be overwhelmed and out fought in the middle of the park imo...so a 3:5:2 for me is the way to go..

When fit,

Hart

Rocki Carter Scales

Johnston Callum Hatate o Reilly Taylor

Kyogo Oh(Idah)

Hatate can operate very effectively on the left hand side of a midfield 5 as well so Iwata could come in for Taylor.....

I totally agree with a 3-5-2 formation. If everyone ever gets fit, I'd go:

Hart
AJ CCV Scales
Iwata
O'Riley CalMac Hatate Taylor
Kyogo Idah
I see no point in playing wingers who can't/won't cross and who don't have a decent target to aim at anyway.

We can switch this up to a 3-4-3 or 4-3-3 using Nawrocki, Maeda, Bernardo, Palma, Oh, Yang, etc, as necessary.

Instead of forcing players into a system they are not suited to, evaluate their strengths to emphasise them and choose tactics to minimise their weaknesses. IMO that is what a good manager does in all walks of life, not just at a football club.

We still have the players to turn things around this season. But they have to get stuck in and refind their Mojos.

Its a no brainer. He needs to try something different and 3 at the back allows us to play our three best midfielders and have two up front. Wing back positions would be a problem since we have shit wingers and full backs who don't overlap but letting Maeda run up and down one flank and let Taylor drift inside to create space for Hatate wide could work.

Hart
AJ CCV Nawrocki
Maeda O'Riley McGregor Hatate Taylor
Kyogo Idah

Can quickly revert to 442 or 4231 if required.

Palma, Yang, Kuhn, Tilio, £10.5m write off and an indictment on Lawwell's buy them cheap, pile them high recruitment policy.

2 5 3...with the middle playing in a Alternate diamond shape depending on how the game is going ie 2 attacking and 3 defending or vice versa, but use a holding mid to protect the back 2, someone who can tackle and pass at pace, the others can move up and down the pitch as required.

Up front should consist of 1 winger and 2 strikers with the attacking mids providing back post assistance when the winger has it....

Plan b... Just stumble along hoping things will change.... O wait thats what it is just now...

Couchmanagersrus.com volume 50

Aside from the documented board failings, the management shortcomings and other issues, we have what we have until the end of the season ....There is a league to be won and the double is certainly not out with our own hands

So what do we do??
It's clear we don't have the wingers to play the Ange way and teams are ready for the byeline cut backs and inverted full backs that were so successful under the previous manager. So what do we do?? Simple , we revert to a 3:5:2 and ditch out and out wingers....we are simply be overwhelmed and out fought in the middle of the park imo...so a 3:5:2 for me is the way to go..

When fit,

Hart

Rocki Carter Scales

Johnston Callum Hatate o Reilly Taylor

Kyogo Oh(Idah)

Hatate can operate very effectively on the left hand side of a midfield 5 as well so Iwata could come in for Taylor.....
Great idea docco!!convincing Brendan’s the next hurdle?

Iwata musta broke one of Brendan’s favourite mirrors or something for him to be totally
In the wilderness??a pure waste of a talent?came on against hearts at tynecastle scored a beautiful goal to ease the pressure,,,came on against st Johnstone we are one ahead but getting totally run over,calms the whole team down breaks upfield lays it on a plate for jaimsie to wrap it up……then zero??

Iwata musta broke one of Brendan’s favourite mirrors or something for him to be totally
In the wilderness??a pure waste of a talent?came on against hearts at tynecastle scored a beautiful goal to ease the pressure,,,came on against st Johnstone we are one ahead but getting totally run over,calms the whole team down breaks upfield lays it on a plate for jaimsie to wrap it up……then zero??
Iwata picked up a knee injury which put him out for a few weeks. But he has been fit for a while now. I don't understand it

Iwata picked up a knee injury which put him out for a few weeks. But he has been fit for a while now. I don't understand it
I think our eastern bhoys are getting roughed up and the 'leniency' shown by scottish referees is taking its toll. Its happened with players from down south too. The tackles we see, even on TV, in Scotland would get players sent off in Englandshire, yet get waved play on up here. Double that if you're wearing hoops.

Am I the only one that thinks McGregor absolutely bottled it yesterday? With about 5 or10 to go and at one up he was just booting the ball away and straight back to them - a little composure and keeping the ball would have seen the game out or maybe even a late goal for us. Big Calum fan but he seemed to panic yesterday - does he need a rest?

Am I the only one that thinks McGregor absolutely bottled it yesterday? With about 5 or10 to go and at one up he was just booting the ball away and straight back to them - a little composure and keeping the ball would have seen the game out or maybe even a late goal for us. Big Calum fan but he seemed to panic yesterday - does he need a rest?

He 100 percent needs a rest..guy has in the last 5 years played more football than any other player in Europe.... personally I think Iwata is able to step into the role

Members online

Latest posts

Back