What's in the papers?

Frank Owen

Naw, it's not really a question. I was just musing over the fact that I, at a time in my distant past, would eagerly look forward to reading the papers sports pages. How times have changed. I would be pushed to recall the last time I bought one.
Think the front page headline was something about Viv Nicholas winning the pools, or Ena Sharples fallin' oot wi' some of her cronies in Coronation St. Real heavy stuff .

Naw, it's not really a question. I was just musing over the fact that I, at a time in my distant past, would eagerly look forward to reading the papers sports pages. How times have changed. I would be pushed to recall the last time I bought one.
Think the front page headline was something about Viv Nicholas winning the pools, or Ena Sharples fallin' oot wi' some of her cronies in Coronation St. Real heavy stuff .
Same here the only time I’ve bought one in the past 25 years or so was if they had a camping 🏕️ or Lidl voucher and even then I just cut out the required voucher and flung the rag in the shed for masking for painting jobs same with TV news haven’t watched it in years it’s all one sided bollocks same with the weather forecast I just look out the window in the morning the tadgers don’t know what it’s going to do tomorrow never mind next week any way I’ll piss off back in tae ma hermit cave now.

Same here the only time I’ve bought one in the past 25 years or so was if they had a camping 🏕️ or Lidl voucher and even then I just cut out the required voucher and flung the rag in the shed for masking for painting jobs same with TV news haven’t watched it in years it’s all one sided bollocks same with the weather forecast I just look out the window in the morning the tadgers don’t know what it’s going to do tomorrow never mind next week any way I’ll piss off back in tae ma hermit cave now.
Ye'v blown yer cover....Mr Meldrew .

Glasgow Times, at the time of the sevco covid league win, reported on the "celebrations" held by the mob. Police being attacked, fans attacking each other, breaking lockdown rules and smashing up Glasgow, barely got a mention, in order to report on the festivities....
Fast forward to today and their article has barely mentioned the celebration of thousands upon thousands of Celtic fans....instead deciding to focus on 10!!! Yes thats right a whole 10 arrests....there was also 18 fixed penalty notices.
3 people are in hospital, 1 serious, after being attacked. No mention if he was attacked by Celtic fans....or even if it was anything to do with the title party....but better to stick it in there for people to assume so.
Unacceptable behaviour, say Police Scotland, screams the headline and this is repeated in the article just to reaffirm.

10s of thousands of people and only 10 arrests is not a bad thing. I reckon more people would have been arrested in Dundee at the Radio 1 big weekend this weekend....but we can't let that get in the way of a good Celtic bashing story the day after we win the title, can we.

Print media is almost deid, it’s oan life support, with a feint heartbeat, the family are standing round the bed, the last rites have been administered……once one stops printing and goes digital, only the rest will follow within a couple of years,
fan media has eaten in to the rotting corpse of the conglomerate news magnates, IPTV is doing the same to the tv cartels……power tae the people ✊

Print media is almost deid, it’s oan life support, with a feint heartbeat, the family are standing round the bed, the last rites have been administered……once one stops printing and goes digital, only the rest will follow within a couple of years,
fan media has eaten in to the rotting corpse of the conglomerate news magnates, IPTV is doing the same to the tv cartels……power tae the people ✊
Add to all of the above; their complete lack of truth, decency, and
humility. They will shame auld nick with their utter shite if it sells copy. They will lie through their rotten teeth
They don't give a feck if they destroy individuals, families, or anything else with their lies. They will tap your phone to find some juicy morsel of shite; and if they don't find any.....they'll just make it up, quoting, of course ' a source' . Sooner they feckin' croak it the better. Absolute vermin.

Bring back The Beano!!!!

I reckon if you tripped over your cat on the way into the house on trophy 🏆 day they'd have added that to the list,this was always going to be the case, this is probably the main reason why the print media is dying a death, the sooner the better, thousands celebrated in Glasgow on Saturday fantastic to see and hear ,I for one won't listen to what boils down to reporters trying to give the blue side some sort of comfort blanket to hold on too ,we'll done celtic and we'll done to the best fans in the world. Hail Hail.

Members online

Latest posts

Back